Evil Academy

Full Version: Japanese speaking Bird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myna's are part of the starling family of birds and have an unparalleled ability for mimicry. In this video, "Abe-chan", a Japanese speaking Myna, carries on a brief conversation about answering the phone with its owner.

that is pretty amazing. sounds exactly like a human
Very entertaining talking birds are. You would almost believe they are a sentient being. Cockatoos I believe can turn on their owners, after long years of care and devotion they have been known to just attack their keepers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Made up Hand Signs
^^ Cockatoos are very intelligent and are also excellent mimics, they've been compared to the intelligence of a 4 year old child by some researchers. They can also live for around 100 years, pretty amazing.

I have about 20 white cockatoos feeding in my backyard everyday.
That's very cool redneck. I wonder if you feed them, can you somehow train them to chat it up

(04-18-2014 10:39 PM)what Wrote: [ -> ]That's very cool redneck. I wonder if you feed them, can you somehow train them to chat it up

I put parrot seed out for them everyday, so they always come. I've thought about having a recording on a loop playing through a speaker so that they slowly get taught words without me having to do much. But it probably wont happen Wink
(04-18-2014 10:36 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]^^ Cockatoos are very intelligent and are also excellent mimics, they've been compared to the intelligence of a 4 year old child by some researchers. They can also live for around 100 years, pretty amazing.

I have about 20 white cockatoos feeding in my backyard everyday.

wow.

you ever keep one as a pet?
Reference URL's