Evil Academy

Full Version: The arc of the covenant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
True or false, myth or fact?

Chapel of the Ark of the Covenant LOCATION Northern Ethiopia NEAREST POPULATION HUB Axum SECRECY OVERVIEW Access restricted: the purported home of the Ark of the Covenant.

The Ark of the Covenant is described in the biblical Book of Exodus as the chest that contained the tablets of stone inscribed with the Ten Commandments which Moses brought down from Mount Sinai.

The Ark disappeared from Jerusalem long ago under mysterious circumstances and believers claim it came to Axum in Ethiopia during the reign of Menelik I in the mid-tenth century BC.

The Ark is of immense symbolic value, documented not only in the Bible but featuring also in Judaic and Islamic scripture. While its fate has long been argued over, Ethiopia's authorities say it has resided at Axum for centuries, and now lies in a specially built treasury next to the Church of St Mary of Zion. The treasury is kept under heavy guard and surrounded by fencing, all under the watchful eye of a High Priest who is the only man permitted to enter the chapel. This virtuous elderly monk is given the post for life, and is expected to name a successor on his deathbed.

The Ark used to be released for a public procession once a year, but in more recent times the unstable geopolitical climate (not least Ethiopia's strained relations with neighbouring Eritrea) has seen it locked permanently in its shrine, which contains other treasures including Ethiopia's royal crowns.

The Book of Exodus tells how the Ark was built in accordance with instructions from God. Measuring a little over 1 metre long and 70 centimetres wide and high, it was constructed from acacia wood and covered with gold. Two long rods of acacia and gold were used to carry it, and two sculptures of winged cherubim surmounted on the lid were said to keep guard over it. According to the Bible, the Ark was carried (covered in skins and cloths so that no one could set eyes on it) out of Egypt during the exodus of the Israelites.

The Book of Joshua also describes its key role in the fall of Jericho. It was later said to have been captured by the Philistines (who returned it to the Israelites after being smitten with a series of plagues), while Solomon worshipped in front of it after he had his dream in which God promised him wisdom.

The royal chronicles of Ethiopia, which were written in the 13th century and undoubtedly served as propaganda for the reigning dynasty of that time, hold that the Ark came to Ethiopia with Menelik, said to be the son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. The story tells that a forgery of the Ark was left back in Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, where it was presumed destroyed after the Babylonian sack of Jerusalem in 586 BC.

Meanwhile, the city of Axum became the focal point of the Kingdom of Axum, which was a leading regional power from the mid-second century BC to the tenth century AD.

To this day, huge granite obelisks, the tallest single pieces of stone quarried and raised in the ancient world, tell of just how important the area was. If the Ark really was in Ethiopia at this point, Axum would have certainly made a suitable home.

The Axumite king Ezana converted to Christianity in AD 331, and had the first Church of St Mary built some 40 years later. According to tradition, the Ark remained at Axum until the 16th century, when it was hidden after the city came under Muslim attack. It was returned in the following century, and in 1965 Ethiopian leader Haile Selassie (reputedly a descendant of Menelik) had the current treasury built to house it.

Of course, there are plenty of people who do not believe that the treasure at Axum is the real Ark at all. Alternative theories about its location abound. These include a cave in Mount Nebo in Jordan, Chartres Cathedral or the village of Rennes-le-Château in France, Temple Herdewyke in England, the Basilica of St John Lateran in Rome and the Dumghe Mountains of South Africa.

The Indiana Jones movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, meanwhile, proposes that the Ark found its way to Egypt. We will probably never know for certain whether Axum is home to the true Ark of the Covenant.

What is more certain is that the contents of the treasury are considered sacred by vast numbers of people, and no one has yet provided conclusive proof that it is not the true Ark. But your chances of gaining access to the treasury to check for yourself are negligible, even if your name is Indiana Jones. The best we can hope is that one day Ethiopia's fraught political climate will have stabilized to a point where the treasure can again be released for occasional public processions.
Oh it's there, brotha.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I suspect so.
I think I heard something about this from Jordanus Maximus before.

Does the Catholic Church possess this artifact? WHO KNOWS?
Will get pics later but there is a series of cathedrals in Ethiopia carved out of solid rock, they are below ground level but are in full, not caves, but complete buildings, but why underground? What were they trying to hide a place of worship from.?
I don't see a reason to not believe that it isn't possible that it isn't the Arc.
I believe Jordan Maxwell said the Nazis were thought to have acquired it, and that the Americans took it when WWII was coming to an end.
yeah. I highly doubt the real deal is in ethiopia.

Jordan also connected this thing with Tibet.
(03-12-2013 02:28 PM)Reflexion Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Jordan Maxwell said the Nazis were thought to have acquired it, and that the Americans took it when WWII was coming to an end.

I've heard that as well, along with the real "spear of destiny". Allegedly the spear is held by whoever is US president at the time. I wouldn't doubt that, but who knows.
While the arc or whatever is held in such secrecy that it has been seen by only 18 people in the last 700 years remains hidden in Ethiopia it will remain a mystery, however if one researchs Ethiopia's history there is more than just rastafarisim that is centred there, strabge that such a seemenly obscure place holds so much religious history, the stone cathedrals of theif own seem far more elaborate wonders than the stone tombs destroyed in iran of which there was so much controversy.

The Nazis have been used i believe as a cover to relocate many powerful artifacts, the amber room for instance, impossible that it just disappeared after beibg stolen by the nazis and is now lost, someone or some group has it right now i am sure.
yes. I believe there is a lot of merit to this stuff.

Archealogical artifacts hold enormous power.

the wielder of PRIZED artifacts OWNS HISTORY and GAINS psychological power.

that is why China is trying so hard to get their looted artifacts back from Europe. If you own someone's artifacts, you own their mojo.

no magic necessary. it's psychology.
Many of the true treasures of the ransacked pharaohs tombs are in unknown private collections, when you find who these people are no doubt many other of the worlds mysteries will be solved, they do not preseve knowledge for the good of mankind, they hide it, passing on from generation to generation, but to what ends?
Knowledge is power. it's totally true. I am believing this more and more.

You can be rich, powerful, have a jet, but if you're ignorant you're on a lower level.
Why out of the hundreds of tombs ransacked over hundreds of years are thete so few egyptian artifacts in the eorlds museums, as for what happened to the bagdag museum, another tragedy, knowledge lost to the private collections of unseen power brokers.
Yes, we have but white man must pay a very great sum to view.

[Image: Orthodox_Priest_Bible_Crowns_H_59kb_zps461c9e96.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's