Evil Academy

Full Version: Mike & the Mad Dog (WFAN sports radio) Ask Jews for Loyalty Oath After 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting little bit of history here. Mike and the Mad Dog (Mike Francesca and Chris Russo) were the two biggest sports radio broadcasters in NYC, the nation's biggest sports market, for many years. After 9/11 they immediately broadcasted that they believed our support for Israel was a factor in the attacks. This is significant because at that time everyone believed that we were attacked because "they hate our freedoms" and nonsense like that, and no major media people would dare suggest it had something to do with Israel.

I couldn't find the actual audio of what they said that day and what was actually said seems to be in dispute, however it is pretty well documented on various websites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_and_th...l_and_9-11

Quote:Comments on US support for Israel and 9-11

The duo made some political criticism of the United States relation to Israel, claiming that American support for the Jewish nation was why the 9-11 attacks occurred. They went on to say that all Jewish Americans should take an "oath of loyalty" to the United States.

Here is some info from a fansite:

http://www.mikefrancesa.com/forums/showt...php?t=1535

Quote:The 9/11 Jewish Loyalty Oaths by Mike Francesa and Mad Dog are true

There was a thread on the old board about this, it is lost now. I am starting this up again to see (especially with the new visitors) if anybody remembers what was said that day.

I tuned in to Mike and Dog just to get a different perspective on the horrible events. I remember them bringing up Israel and questioning whether our support for Israel was the cause for the events. I am pretty sure Mike or Dog definitely said they thought it was.

Then later when Jewish Americans called up, Mike got on his bully pulpit and demanded they declare whether they would take a loyalty oath for America, something akin to who do you declare your loyalty first to. Saying that Italians like himself always think of themselves as American first.

I am pretty sure after that if a Jewish American called, Dog would jump in and say America or Israel, you have to answer that question to continue. You have to understand people were in shock, confused, but many callers were calling out Frandog saying how do you know the motivations of the terrorists etc.

So those are my recollections, anybody else remember anything.

The point that Russo made about Italian Americans is noteworthy IMO. Italian Americans have lived closely with Jewish Americans in NYC for many years, and the two cultures have often intertwined to form what could be seen as NYC culture. Italian Americans fought and died in WW2 in huge numbers, despite the fact that Italy was an enemy and it was conceivable that an Italian American could wind up in actual combat against an Italian. However the idea that Jewish Americans would sign up in significant numbers to fight in a war where Israel was an enemy is much more questionable.

There is also a copy of the ADL's predictable response in the thread at that link.

Here, Francesca denies having suggested Jews take loyalty oaths. However from what I've read it may have been his partner Mad Dog Russo who specifically suggested Jewish Americans have questionable national loyalty.

While it's expected that this would cause a big issue, it is funny to see people get so worked up over the suggestion that many Jewish Americans are loyal to Israel first and America second. It's not as if that is some big secret. A good example would be Rahm Emanuel, who elected to serve in the IDF rather than the US armed forces but then became White House Chief of Staff and later the mayor of Chicago.

The idea of a mandatory loyalty oath could be troublesome to some people though, as it could raise the spectre of Japanese internment during WW2.
very interesting.
Great point about Italian Americans and WW2, and whether or not Jewish Americans would volunteer to fight in a war where Israel was an enemy.
Jewish Americans would only put America second as a default. In my 10 years of participating in the "Global War on Terror" I only met 1 Jewish person.

Fighting in the wars? no way. Profiting from them? Sure, why not.
Italians know what's up.

Great thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
(03-08-2014 10:47 AM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]Jewish Americans would only put America second as a default. In my 10 years of participating in the "Global War on Terror" I only met 1 Jewish person.

you were former blackwater?
(03-08-2014 02:34 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014 10:47 AM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]Jewish Americans would only put America second as a default. In my 10 years of participating in the "Global War on Terror" I only met 1 Jewish person.

Yep. 4 yrs contracting for them.
(03-08-2014 03:48 PM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you ex-Military?
(03-08-2014 04:05 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014 03:48 PM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you ex-Military?

Yea so I dont exactly consider what I did "profiteering" since I got paid shit wages for years in the military.

You kind of have to be ex mil or ex swat to get on legit overseas BW contracts. Lots of pretenders out there and a few on the OG.
(03-08-2014 04:16 PM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]You kind of have to be ex mil or ex swat to get on legit overseas BW contracts. Lots of pretenders out there and a few on the OG.

No surprise about the OG, it's full of pretenders.

Where were you deployed during your years at Blackwater?
I met a ex SF guy in Pattaya afew months ago.
(03-08-2014 04:53 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014 04:16 PM)Dale Doback Wrote: [ -> ]You kind of have to be ex mil or ex swat to get on legit overseas BW contracts. Lots of pretenders out there and a few on the OG.

No surprise about the OG, it's full of pretenders.

Where were you deployed during your years at Blackwater?

I went to Baghdad a few times then spent some time in Kabul and then some time along the Afghan/Paki border. I left Iraq after those dumbasses shot up those civilians, things went down hill quickly after that happened for the industry as a whole.

The "resident" contractor on the OG is a complete fraud and has never deployed overseas or carried a weapon for a contracting company but is considered the "authority" over there..... comical.
(03-08-2014 04:55 PM)Som-Pong Wrote: [ -> ]I met a ex SF guy in Pattaya afew months ago.

Tons of SF guys retire and go to Thailand or Colombia. I envy those guys.
interesting.

I hear they are called the academy now.
Interesting.

Doesn't surprise me all, Italians are proud of their heritage but have always seemed to consider themselves Americans first.

I don't really get the dual citizenship thing...especially when serving office.

Serving in office should require full citizenship.

I don't care if you're from England, Israel, or were somehow beamed in from the Kingdom of Heaven itself.

You should be 100% loyal to the people you govern, not 75, 50, or 20 percent.

Maybe that's just the American in me.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's