Evil Academy

Full Version: British Royal Family's Savings Down to $1.6 Mil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick someone start a paypal fundraiser before the Queen is out on the street!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ro...-1.1593645

British Royal family’s savings down to just $1.6M: report

The Royals need to stop spending so much money, English officials warn, as Queen Elizabeth’s savings plunge from $58 million to $1.6 million. Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle are falling apart, with ancient boilers costing $1.2 million each year.

God save the Queen’s bank account.

English officials have warned that there must be some belt-tightening at Buckingham Palace to stop the Royal family from hemorrhaging money.

Queen Elizabeth II’s savings has shrunk from $58 million to just shy of $1.6 million placing the the family’s finances under the microscope, Members of Parliament said in a damning report.

Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle are is in such a state of disrepair that employees are using buckets to catch water leaking from the roof during rain storms.

The archaic boilers at the properties, which officials said haven’t been replaced in 60 years, burn a hole in the Royal wallet to the tune of $1.2 million each year, according to reports.

“The household must get a much firmer grip on how it plans to address its maintenance backlog,” Margaret Hodge, the Labor chair of the public accounts committee said, according to the Telegraph.

“It has not even costed the repair works needed to bring the estate back to an acceptable condition. Again, the Treasury has an oversight role here.”

The Royal household slashed its spending 5% over the past five years — meager in comparison to the 33% of cut by the larger English government in that span, the Telegraph reported.

Last fiscal year, the Royals received $51.4 million in taxpayer money, but doled out $55.2, forcing them to dip into their savings, the outlet reported.

“We believe that the Treasury has a duty to be actively involved in reviewing the household’s financial planning and management — and it has failed to do so,” Hodge warned.

The Royal palace is “crumbling,” and could take $83 million to fully repair.

A Buckingham Palace officials defended the family’s spending habits and said the iconic clan has doubled its income since 2007, the Telegraph reported.

"A significant financial priority for the Royal household is to reduce the backlog in essential maintenance across the occupied Royal palaces,” a spokeswoman told Sky News.
58 million was a ridiculous enough claim, but 1.6 million is just insulting.
I think if they only have one kipper each for breakfast and maybe walk instead of taking the limo fleet here and there, the Royal Family just might figure out a way to squeak by.

God Save our Queen
what they don't mention is that the queen has supreme veto power over the govts. of the commonwealth.

probably some type of psyop to take scrutiny off the royal family.

notice they take very little heat relative to the vatican. the vatican has never directly colonized a country.. the UK royal family has.. they also peddled drugs to various countries and attacked them when they were told to stop.
I hope they are all ok, maybe if they get behind another war we can raise more funds for them
this 1.6 million is probably just referring to the common accounts used for upkeep of the palaces/public property.

LMFAO @ the royal family's personal wealth being only 1.6 million. they are probably in secret accounts in the "CITY"
Phillip would piss more than 1.6 million up against the wall each year.
ludicrous story IMO.

i think they are just making sensational stories just to get people to click on their website.

if anyone believes this garbage.. i have some prime swampland I want to sell
LOL @ "English offcials" being the source.
Thank you EY you said everything I came to post

The whole notion that the British Monarchy somehow lost/gave up all their power within the last 50 years is absolutely crazy. In Canada we are trained to believe she has no real power etc... but never any explanation in any of the history as to how exactly they got to that point from being the most powerful empire on the planet. Did they just give it up willingly? Spent too much? - I don't remember any kind of overthrow, either politically or militarily.

IMO they retreated from the stage to behind the curtain, their wealth was shifted to corporate/banking investments, etc.

No way an empire like that just fizzles out for no reason.
(02-04-2014 12:17 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]LOL @ "English offcials" being the source.

lol, good catch

So funny how often the very first lines in an article can discredit the whole thing from the get-go.

Reminds me of a Global Warming graph I saw a while ago, that right at the top of the article stated it was made by the Council on Foreign Relations lol
(02-04-2014 12:58 AM)Masato Toys Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you EY you said everything I came to post

The whole notion that the British Monarchy somehow lost/gave up all their power within the last 50 years is absolutely crazy. In Canada we are trained to believe she has no real power etc... but never any explanation in any of the history as to how exactly they got to that point from being the most powerful empire on the planet. Did they just give it up willingly? Spent too much? - I don't remember any kind of overthrow, either politically or militarily.

IMO they retreated from the stage to behind the curtain, their wealth was shifted to corporate/banking investments, etc.

No way an empire like that just fizzles out for no reason.

good post.

they simply switched from OVERT rule to COVERT rule.. and an argument could be made that the US is their attack dog.

the fact that the GCHQ and the NSA basically share the same data servers is very telling.

World Freemasonry (UGLE) is headed in the UK, with the queen arguably as the head.
The chinamen wanted the numbness.
I'd be happy to fatality reptile the brt royal familia. Fucking gangsters.
Reference URL's