Evil Academy

Full Version: 2013 Formula 1 Season Starts Next Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Preseason testing results are all over the map with 3-time consecutive defending champion Sebastian Vettel declaring it the "most inconclusive" of his career.

Last season kicked ass with Vettel and Alonso coming down to the wire, plus with Lewis Hamilton making the unlikely move to Mercedes(which has looked strong in testing) it looks like it's gonna be a majorly unpredictable season.

Buncha champions on the grid: Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, etc.

Who ya got? I'm partial to Alonso.
I'll be rooting for Kamui Kobayashi!
(03-09-2013 08:55 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be rooting for Kamui Kobayashi!

Unfortunately he lost his ride for the 2013 season. Shame too cuz he's easily one of the top 2 most exciting drivers. He's trying to get himself back in the mix for 2014.
oh wow. So he's not racing? that sux.

he's got some cool passing skillz!
EY have you been to the Shanghai track? It's been the most consistently exciting track the last few years and easily the best race of last year.
Yes, I have for some BMW event.

Never saw F1 there though.

I am not sophisticated with F1, apparently you need a lot of knowledge to really understand it.
Nah you'd catch on quick.

It's basically tire and fuel calculations.
I'm hoping that my boy Massa can recapture his 07/08 glory. He was never the same after the concussion, props to Ferrari for sticking with him during all those bad years.
cool skynet.

Something I definitely want to get into as I do enjoy karting.

However the only sport I really liked and followed was MMA. I am generally not really the sports type. I like the olympics though or intl competition cuz it has political/national rivalry. that is interesting.
(03-09-2013 10:53 PM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping that my boy Massa can recapture his 07/08 glory. He was never the same after the concussion, props to Ferrari for sticking with him during all those bad years.

That was a damn shame too cuz it looked like he was just starting to come into his own the season before he got injured. But yeah pleasantly surprised that a cutthroat team like Ferrari stuck with him - I believe Ross Brawn described Ferrari as a "culture of fear" lol.
^^they also kept Barrichello and Irvine on the team for many years. As long as you accept playing second fiddle, Ferrari will take care of you Wink
I like that Jackie Stewart fellow, I hope he does well this year.
This is really the only sport I follow, I love everything about it.

I was disappointed that my boy Schumi didnt stick it out for one more season, looks like Mercedes might have finally found some speed.

It's on in my hometown next week, but unless I get a ticket to a VIP area, i'm not going. In 2011 I was in the Vodafone VIP section, directly above the McLaren pits, it was beyond awesome.

EY, you'd probably like F1, its highly political and elitist, and is the most expensive sport in the world, plus the drivers literally do risk their lives every time they compete, more so than in most sports. It's good shit.

If ever you get bored, check out this amazing documentary that gives a very good background into the workings of F1, its about Senna, the Fedor of modern F1 (RIP).

Quote:EY, you'g probably like F!, its highly political and elitist, and is the most expensive sport in the world, plus the drivers literally do risk their lives every time they compete, more so than in most sports. It's good shit.

HAHA. I'm an elitist? I thought I was for the people! haha.

Wow. Did not know you were into F1 Prof. I need to spend maybe half a day looking into the rules and then I will appreciate it.

I just happened to watch Kamui Kobayashi get 3rd place last year at some Japanese restaurant and I got interested in it because everyone in the restaurant was cheering.
I didn't mean that you were an elitist my fren, I meant that the sport has many interesting aspects, one of them being it's high roller type of following and imagery. In Europe it is the place to be seen, and the Monaco GP is a must attend event on any elite's social calendar.

The drivers are extremely courageous and the machines are incredible. I know that it's a circus for the masses like all sports, but I dont have a problem enjoying the circus, as long as I dont lose sight of what it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's