Evil Academy

Full Version: Dana's account got hacked on the UG!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2...ne/?pc=103

Normally I'm not one for talking about the UG over here, but I figured this was newsworthy.

Apparently this morning DFW did an AMA on the UG. He answered a bunch of questions and then signed off. There was a couple of answers that seemed slightly strange, but nothing to crazy.

Then all of a sudden the thread got deleted. Questions were asked why it was deleted and Kirik answered that it wasn't DFW posting. This brings up two possible problems to my mind.

1. If DFW was hacked then just how strong is the site safety over there?
2. If DFW wasn't hacked and this is just damage control, how can anyone trust the UG anymore?
And just to add to the fun and games the editors of the UG asked Bloody Elbow to remove an article they wrote about it! (Bloody Elbow declined)

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/18/532...-fightpass
Someone on Fightsport once told me that Kirik and one of his friends that run a grappling promotion once filed a frivolous lawsuit against a competitor just to bankrupt him. Eventually after Kirik and his buddies dragged the proceedings out, the judge bitchslapped Kirik and told him he was abusing the judicial process, and that Kirik's case was the first time in his judicial career that a plaintiff was the one that tried to drag out proceedings needlessly. I'll make a phone call and see if I can't find out more. This source is from Fightsport, but he's one of the absolutely bulletproof members over there; if he says it, it's probably true.
I wonder if Kirik has the balls to pull the same stunt against Bloody Elbow?

Anyway, this is what I got sent:

"MMA, LLC's inexcusable conduct and intentional abuse of the discovery process"

"The behavior of the plaintiff's counsel (MMA) was inconsiderate and unfair in taxing unnecessary costs to the defendant. It is all the more inexplicable in that it was the plaintiff (MMA) who chose to bring suit against Mr. Cimins and his firm."

While the court is accustomed to delaying tactics on the part of the defendant striving to avoid their day in court, plaintiffs, for the most part are eager to hasten the vindication of their claims. From MMA, LLC's (http://www.MMA.tv) dilatory (definition: causing delay) prosecution of its own case, the court draws the inference that the suit was INSTIGATED AND MAINTAINED PRIMARILY FOR THE REASONS OF HARASSMENT."

"That, and the plaintiff's failure to comply in good faith with the court's order are sufficient reasons to grant the relief requested"

The "relief" was Kirik's lawsuit being dismissed with prejudice by the judge.
mma.tv is ridden with bugs and security holes, they need to redesign the site from scratch and no outsourcing to India bs. It's incredible that they have the nerve to charge $30 bucks a year for that fucked up software.
(01-19-2014 08:24 AM)Benwahwah Wrote: [ -> ]And just to add to the fun and games the editors of the UG asked Bloody Elbow to remove an article they wrote about it! (Bloody Elbow declined)

Good for Bloody Elbow.
I was given his password, was just a joke, didn't say anything defamatory, big kafoo about nothing iMo
Quote: 2. If DFW wasn't hacked and this is just damage control, how can anyone trust the UG anymore?

I don't know that they've been considered trustworthy for a long time anyway, they've done many things that make people wary of them.

It would not be the first time Dana posted some stuff and then denied it was him. When Fightsport first opened, Dana was a regular member there and would often post. One night he seemed to be drunk and he answered many questions frankly and openly. The next day, he had edited all of his replies, and denied that he had ever posted at FS. Funny how the user name was registered to his Zuffa email, and the admin could see that no-one had hacked his account.

So, it is not unprecedented for him to post on a forum, and then claim it was not him.
(01-19-2014 09:34 AM)Gimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2014 08:24 AM)Benwahwah Wrote: [ -> ]And just to add to the fun and games the editors of the UG asked Bloody Elbow to remove an article they wrote about it! (Bloody Elbow declined)

Good for Bloody Elbow.

Thank goodness for that, it would have destroyed their credibility. They need to let the UG sink on it's own with this one.
I always sensed Kirik was some shady twat

I want my $1.99 back for the app, I would like to beat it out of him in a cage
I'm sure Jason, the I.T. aficionado, will take care of any security threats so no one's personal info is accessible to hackers.
(01-19-2014 09:03 AM)Daniel Carver Wrote: [ -> ]Someone on Fightsport once told me that Kirik and one of his friends that run a grappling promotion once filed a frivolous lawsuit against a competitor just to bankrupt him. Eventually after Kirik and his buddies dragged the proceedings out, the judge bitchslapped Kirik and told him he was abusing the judicial process, and that Kirik's case was the first time in his judicial career that a plaintiff was the one that tried to drag out proceedings needlessly. I'll make a phone call and see if I can't find out more. This source is from Fightsport, but he's one of the absolutely bulletproof members over there; if he says it, it's probably true.

It is true, that was Kipp Kollar's NAGA suing Brian Cimins from Grappler's Quest, the judge actually blasted NAGA for wasting the court's time with an obvious stall tactic to disable their competitor, and eventually dismissed the case. Brian was also crippled in a grappling match by a NAGA goon. Why anyone would openly wish to be associated with an organisattion that would stoop so low, is beyond me, but I suppose Kirik has his reasons.
Looks legit to me, the answers I saw from BE anyway.
That was Dana
(01-19-2014 02:05 PM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]That was Dana

I agree. Probably drunk n coked up... False sense of his own power, which he later regretted.

Or It would have to be a solid troll/hacker combo. Probably a team... Not likely, IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's