Evil Academy

Full Version: Hitler Sitcom: "Heil Honey, I'm Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1A-CGI_Mefo

Heil Honey I'm Home! is a controversial British television sitcom, produced in 1990, which was cancelled after one episode aired.

The programme proved controversial when first aired. Television historian Marian Calabro described Heil Honey, I'm Home! as "perhaps the world's most tasteless situation comedy".[2] It was accused of crassly trivialising Nazism, although others have defended it as being in the same tradition of Third Reich parodies such as 'Allo 'Allo! and Hogan's Heroes, or along similar lines to the portrayal of Hitler as a domestic fool in The Producers. They also point out the crassness was intentional, and part of the parody anyway.[3] One comedy historian cites Heil Honey, I'm Home! as a "heavy-handed concept", and argues the show was a failure as a comedy because it "disastrously exceeded" the limits of irony.[4]
"nervous piped in laughter
[Image: ssRhRZ.jpg]

[Image: 3OSbYh.jpg]

[Image: vgWyVF.jpg]

[Image: RYCThV.jpg]

[Image: LxiJbH.jpg]

[Image: 3Qs4Ut.jpg]

[Image: w4X9Vf.jpg]

[Image: gjOZdO.jpeg]

[Image: Glf9OX.jpeg]
[Image: 75a80dcbfbe411053226f1db5d435707f6e3215a...b8de8c.jpg]
That is just terrific. I don't want to watch it because I can't stop laughing already!

Hey, if you don't throw it out there, you're never going to know if it works!

You go alternative comedy sitcom!
(01-18-2014 05:59 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]That is just terrific. I don't want to watch it because I can't stop laughing already!

Hey, if you don't throw it out there, you're never going to know if it works!

You go alternative comedy sitcom!

You owe it to yourself to at least watch the first minute to hear the theme song. It's a catchy little number.
Trippy stuff
[Image: JordanStache.jpg]

I remember when they rebranded this show for the US market.

(01-18-2014 10:41 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]I remember when they rebranded this show for the US market.

And the animated version.

Reference URL's