Evil Academy

Full Version: Suicide Forest in Japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Aokigahara Forest is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. After the novel Kuroi Jukai was published, in which a young lover commits suicide in the forest, people started taking their own lives there at a rate of 50 to 100 deaths a year. The site holds so many bodies that the Yakuza pays homeless people to sneak into the forest and rob the corpses. The authorities sweep for bodies only on an annual basis, as the forest sits at the base of Mt. Fuji and is too dense to patrol more frequently.

Originally released in 2011 at http://vice.com

Death is sacred, the man who they interview has my respect. What a purposeful job
Just discovered this forest for myself this morning. I figured this place would have something on it.

Sad but interesting.
I'm surprised it hasn't been invaded by music video makers and b grade movie directors.
Thats what Detroits for bro.

But that place would be a trip for a camping......trip..
They sweep for bodies annually? I think I know when I would take my vacation days.
I want to go there this year when I go back to Japan
(05-01-2014 04:01 AM)A Black Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I want to go there this year when I go back to Japan
Should we keep your belt, shoe-laces and prescription meds for you before you go???!!!!
I wear Velcro or rubber boots when its wet outside....also my med's are not decriminalized where you live I am guessing

Ess normal
Should we camp out there!??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
(05-01-2014 03:45 PM)Señor Penis Wrote: [ -> ]Should we camp out there!??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It would be trippy to hold a seance there.
one of the more famous vice documentaries.

I wonder if they inserted the obligatory japanese are unhappy/depressed with the leading suicide rate.

i actually think the US suicide rate is higher but the numbers are fudged.
(05-01-2014 01:21 AM)BOZY Wrote: [ -> ]Thats what Detroits for bro.

But that place would be a trip for a camping......trip..
With everyone attending the camping trip wearing personal video-recorders at all times...so at least we can find out after what happened to their lives???!!!!
If tree fall in forest, anyone hear

If lonely hobo die in forest, anyone care

Tree last thousand years, a man's life but a seedlings
(05-02-2014 05:19 AM)superCalo Wrote: [ -> ]If tree fall in forest, anyone hear

If lonely hobo die in forest, anyone care

Tree last thousand years, a man's life but a seedlings
Sapling like young homo
bends easy
breaks wind
easier
???
!!!