Evil Academy

Full Version: Should I argue with my lecturer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, as most of you will know I am the resident left wing scumbag on here. But I can see myself trolling one of my left wing lecturers next semester.

I am studying for a degree in English Literature and one of the lecturers that I will be having next semester is very left wing and constantly drops in comments in his lectures about how the current government is ruining things.

Now I happen to agree with him on his viewpoints. BUT, I don't feel that this kind of discussion should be coming up in a class about English Lit. (and Shakespeare in particular, which he teaches) Especially as half of the class are only 19/20 years old.

So do I troll him (which I can easily do, I was brought up to play the Devils Advocate) or do I keep my mouth shut as I don't want to jeopardise what should be a good grade for me?
Life is short brother use your tools and have fun.

In reality he needs to be challenged, he might just appreciate the due discourse.

You know what to do, keep us briefed broheim
depends what type of teacher.

also if you ask too many questions your classmates may hate you and trash talk you in front of the prof.
My classmates know I like a good troll (they've been on the receiving end of it) and I've started explaining to them it is a possibility.

They seem amused by the prospect as this lecturer can be quick to anger. It is because of this that I'm wary to wind him up.

The only other thing I can think to do is have a word with him on the side and ask him not to voice his political views. But this may not go down well either.
Need to wear Margaret thatcher tshirt to lectures & quoting her at length when questioning him
(12-20-2013 10:56 AM)Benwahwah Wrote: [ -> ]My classmates know I like a good troll (they've been on the receiving end of it) and I've started explaining to them it is a possibility.

They seem amused by the prospect as this lecturer can be quick to anger. It is because of this that I'm wary to wind him up.

The only other thing I can think to do is have a word with him on the side and ask him not to voice his political views. But this may not go down well either.

LOL.

so you are basically going to take conservative positions against his liberal ones?

what arguments does he make
Yeah I would be using conservative arguments against him.

He tends to talk about the Conservatives ripping the country apart because of the cuts they make. I plan to explain the concept of fiscal responsibility to him.
cool.

i believe in hybrid systems.

i beleive in strong government.. but non-subverted strong government.

but the lower you go.. the more laissez faire it shoudl be

the larger the corporation, the more regulated.
Just keep your mouth shut.

But it's pretty troubling how common this is, professors in non political subjects trying to push political messages and view points to student.

In our last literature class of the year we had a 10 minute talk on "white privilege"

It's not a right wing talking point that campuses are left wing, it's a fact.
rape him in front of class. then pee on him.

he'll understand.
Always challenge when able or have some countenance and purpose.

Some of you are pussys. Wink wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-20-2013 01:22 PM)DonJohnson Wrote: [ -> ]rape him in front of class. then pee on him.

he'll understand.

That's what I'd do. In uni I kept bringing up bestiality whenever we discussed medieval law.
Yeah, tough call

I used to mess with teachers a lot in highschool, had much fun.

I had one guy in my classes during college who was very witty and would often challenge/question/entertain off-topic ideas etc

He was pretty smart, but damn it got really annoying at times, lol

You have to just keep a check on your ego I think, when you see it getting too magnetic calm the fuck down

Have fun, may the force be with you
(12-20-2013 01:18 PM)Shahanshah Wrote: [ -> ]Just keep your mouth shut.

But it's pretty troubling how common this is, professors in non political subjects trying to push political messages and view points to student.

In our last literature class of the year we had a 10 minute talk on "white privilege"

It's not a right wing talking point that campuses are left wing, it's a fact.

By a female of Northern European descent, I'm guessing?
(12-20-2013 11:09 AM)Benwahwah Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I would be using conservative arguments against him.

He tends to talk about the Conservatives ripping the country apart because of the cuts they make. I plan to explain the concept of fiscal responsibility to him.

I would ask him whether he considers this an improvement from the previous conservative government of Tony Blair.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's