Evil Academy

Full Version: $40,000 3D Television
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN85S9-85-...151&sr=1-1

lol @ the comments at the bottom of the page.

Quote:My wife and I bought this after selling our daughter Amanda into white slavery. We actually got a refurbished. It's missing the remote, but oh well-- for $10K off, I can afford a universal, right? The picture is amazing. I've never seen the world with such clarity.

Amanda, if you're reading this, hang in there, honey! We'll see you in a year.

I just wanted to add an addendum to my review. Since posting it, we have received a flood of responses. People have said some pretty hurtful things--even questioning our values. Let me assure you, this was not an easy decision to make, and we made it as a family. Obviously, it's very personal. But in light of all the second-guessing, I wanted to explain our thinking.

First and foremost, screen size. I really think you can't go too big. 85" may seem huge, but you get used to it fast. Second, resolution. Is 4K overkill? Please, that's what they said about 1080P! More dots = better. Period. And as far as this being a $40,000 "dumb" TV, people need to re-read my initial post: WE BOUGHT IT REFURBISHED. It was only $30,000.

Some of you may think I'm avoiding the "elephant in the room"-the real reason why this was such a heart-wrenching choice. So let's just get it out there. Yes, the 120 Hz refresh rate is a disappointment, especially on a 4K. But life is full of compromises. And frankly, we hardly notice. All in all, no regrets.

P.S., as for our daughter, NO ONE has the right to question our parenting. Totally out of bounds. Amanda was going into 7th grade, so it was going to be a transitional year anyway. Now she gets to see the world. How many kids her age get to go to Bahrain? I sure as heck didn't, but you don't hear me screaming "child abuse." Bottom line: MYOB! Seriously.
Quote:More dots = better. Period.

I'm stealing that.
Amazing! Amazon has some real gems!

Here's a site you might enjoy: http://leasthelpful.com/
LOL, did you check out the 'Customer Questions and Answers' for this product?

This more than I make in a year. How the heck can anyone afford this much for a TV?
asked by M Lynn on November 26, 2013

Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
I've heard of some people temporarily selling their kids into slavery; it seems to be working. If you have old money then this shouldn't be a problem, but if you're looking for new money then it is best to sell off your kids.
Bruno answered on December 3, 2013
Comments (4) | 87 of 89 found this helpful. Do you?

Obviously, a new job is in order for you. Have you considered a career in sales of recreational pharmaceuticals?
GaryG7 answered on December 3, 2013
Comment | 59 of 59 found this helpful. Do you?

Why do you think God gave you two kidneys?
Megan M Matthews answered on December 4, 2013
Comment | 41 of 42 found this helpful. Do you?

Mortgage?
argiope answered on December 3, 2013
Comment | 19 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?

Step 1 is to buy a shirt with 3 wolves howling at the moon. Wear it every day, everywhere you go. Step 2 is to install Adobe Air on your smartphone. Your life will begin changing, and soon you will end up with over 9,000 of these televisions.
b_beard answered on December 4, 2013
Comment | 22 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?

I heard that there are 3 tiny midgets that come out of the TV. The first midget comes out of the TV and laughs at you for paying that much money. The second one slaps you back into reality. The third midget is there to make sure he reminds you everyday how much of a moran you're.
The BEE answered on December 5, 2013
Comments (2) | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?

I have 2 of them in my cart right now!!!
T answered on December 6, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?

I agree, What I don't understand is why this is $40k and the 84LM9600 84-Inch Cinema 3D 4K Ultra HD 240Hz LED-LCD LG TV is $16k and you can find it other places for $8k... Something about one or the other is off...
Mitch answered on November 28, 2013
Comments (7) | 16 of 26 found this helpful. Do you?
LMAO.
Reference URL's