Evil Academy

Full Version: STALKER SONG OF THE CENTURY? OR NSA PROGRAMMING?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
THE POLICE - EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
NSA admits that analysts spied on their love interests
BGR.com By Brad Reed
September 27, 2013 8:45 PM

When Sting wrote “Every Breath You Take,” he probably never imagined that someone in the future could literally act out the song word for word. But then again, Sting also never knew what analysts at the National Security Agency would be capable of doing. The Hill reports that the NSA has admitted in a letter to Senator Chuck Grassley (R — Iowa) that it’s “identified 12 incidents since 2003 in which analysts intentionally misused their intelligence gathering powers” to spy on love interests. What’s more, the NSA said that it has two open investigations into similar intelligence abuses and that it’s reviewing a third possible incident for investigation.
This song is 30 years old. When I was a kid in the 80s, a 30 year old song would be like Elvis or Chuck Berry. Mind=bottled!
there is less of a generation gap nowadays.

nowdays high school kids would probably be into JAYZ.. yeah the same JAYZ we were into in high school

i believe after the internet age..it's hard to make new stars.

so the old ones keep on thriving
True about less of a generation gap. Is it because adults want to be kids or kids want to be adults?
probably a bit of both.

i've noticed some of the youngsters are more awakened than a lot of the adults. they look up to old dudes like Ron Paul.

also another factor is that by the mid 2000's.... nearly every style has been exhausted.

there really are no new styles out there these days.. just mixing and matching of old stuff.

this keeps the old artists relevant to the young folks
Maybe I'm a codgy old bastard, but there really isn't much to get excited about anymore in terms of music. Boy/girl bands, Beiber and Rihanna represent the industry today.

No thank you.
there's a lot of good music.. just not out in the mainstream.

but even then.. good music is better when your friends and others like it as well.

otherwise it's just you listening to it.
(11-12-2013 09:15 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]probably a bit of both.

i've noticed some of the youngsters are more awakened than a lot of the adults. they look up to old dudes like Ron Paul.

also another factor is that by the mid 2000's.... nearly every style has been exhausted.

there really are no new styles out there these days.. just mixing and matching of old stuff.

this keeps the old artists relevant to the young folks

Definitely. I've started watching the series 7 Ages Of Rock... the one i posted on the stone roses thread, from episode 1. It details every transformation rock music has gone thru from the 60s to 90s. Seven. But from 90s to now? None!

sent from my LG-P765 using Fapatalk
Reminds me of this meme...

[Image: ic_26f0acdb5258f0ff4017e4187798d080.jpg]
^ that is true. every dog owner can relate to that. hahahaha
When he was asked about the song in an interview once, Sting commented that he was staggered that many people seemed to think it was a romantic song, and that many couples had made it "their song". He went on to say that the song is intentionally creepy, and it's about an obsessive stalker type singing to his victim.

Blondie had a similar themed song, albeit not as dark, which the IRS took and used in one of their fear mongering campaigns.

Debbie Harry of Blondie said that they never gave the IRS permission to use the song, but that they weren't about to try and sue them over it.

Up here in space
Im looking down on you
My lasers trace
Everything you do

You think youve private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
Im watching all the time

Im made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Im elected electric spy
Im protected electric eye

Always in focus
You cant feel my stare
I zoom into you
You dont know Im there

I take a pride in probing all your secret moves
My tearless retina takes pictures that can prove

Im made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Im elected electric spy

Electric eye, in the sky
Feel my stare, always there
Theres nothing you can do about it
Develop and expose
I feed upon your every thought
And so my power grows

Im made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Im elected electric spy
dealing with a stalker right now. About to regulate this shit.

stalkers are very deft as they barge into your social circle so you can't really tell them to fuck off outright.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's