Evil Academy

Full Version: Aussie tax-payers pay $110K for rainbow crossing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rainbow crossing costs ratepayers $110k

A simple rainbow pedestrian crossing painted on Sydney's Oxford Street ahead of Mardis Gras has reportedly cost ratepayers $1018 per sqm.

Sydney City Council will pay up to $110,000 for the rainbow stripes even though they will have to be removed from the road by the end of March, Nine News reported.

The council forked out $40,000 for special non-slip road paint and road management alone, The Daily Telegraph reported.

A Roads and Maritime Services spokeswoman said the council chose to use the non-slip paint for cyclists and motorcyclists and the crossing was approved until the end of March.

The rainbow was installed on February 25 and 26 in preparation for the gay pride parade and festival this Saturday, which sees Oxford Street closed to traffic once a year.

Some Sydney councillors want the rainbow to be a permanent fixture on the Darlinghurst street, which is widely recognised as Sydney's main gay district.

Councillor Christine Forster said she was seeking state government support to make the crossing permanent, on the condition it was proven to meet safety standards.

WATCH VIDEO - http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013...ratepayers
wow. Awarding contracts = easy path of corruption.
(02-27-2013 10:46 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]wow. Awarding contracts = easy path of corruption.

Yep, and because its for the gay people, no cost shall be spared.

Meanwhile, kids playgrounds are being closed down due to lack of funding.
This is fucking bullshit, my nephew has to wait to get a tumor cut out because they "dont have the resources available" yet these f*ggots get a rainbow crossing?

WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​???????????????????????

I know its not that simple but I have a point right?
(02-27-2013 10:52 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2013 10:46 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]wow. Awarding contracts = easy path of corruption.

Yep, and because its for the gay people, no cost shall be spared.

Meanwhile, kids playgrounds are being closed down due to lack of funding.

Yeah.. it's easy to see how the corruption works.

they OVERCHARGE for some petty work done.. and then kickback the money to the elected representative that authorized it.

Possibly they are friends are even part of the same lodge.

even if he didn't get a kickback. he can just allow his friends to overcharge.

charging that price is a total joke lol.
[Image: 359160-taylor-square-rainbow-crossing.jpg]

LMFAO @ this costing 110K.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

wow. in china they'd do this for like 5K usd

this is how corruption works all over the world.
The Western 'democracies' are about as close to providing their citizens with representative government as Belarus is.
^ the corruption is even worse in western countries because it's legalized.

IN these other countries lobbying is "illegal" and done under the table. they still recognize it's bad.

in the US they have legalized it with professional lobbies.
(02-27-2013 12:20 PM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]The Western 'democracies' are about as close to providing their citizens with representative government as Belarus is.
it's all a sham.

at least in eastern europe the citizen's know it's a sham..

in the west they are BRAINWASHED and deluded to believe they are under diff. governing principles. GOVT FOR THE PEOPLE!
I will never live in a western country again.
'Sign of hatred:' Rainbow crosswalk defaced by tire burn out

[Image: 20170605_133927.jpg?itok=K6B6E4EF]

askatoon's Pride organization is responding after a rainbow-coloured crosswalk was defaced Monday.

An unknown driver appeared to have burned out their tires through the special crosswalk at 4th Avenue and 23rd Street sometime Monday, leaving two black tire marks across the rainbow colours.

"Shame on the person who did this," said Michelle Lane, a resident who walked to see the damage for herself.

"That's a sign of hatred that somebody would come out and do that. And it's sad because these are beautiful and inclusive."

The crosswalks were installed Saturday by the city to celebrate Pride month throughout June.

Pride Festival Co-Chair Danny Papadatos said he expected backlash, but not so soon after the installation.

"I thought Saskatoon was better than that," he said. "But it doesn't surprise me when I see what else is happening in the world where hate has room to grow."

The organization has yet to file a police complaint, but they're analyzing their next steps.

Papadatos said they don't want to tie up police resources until they find more evidence of what happened, including any possible video.

Police spokeswoman Alyson Edwards said if an officer had caught the driver in the act, they would've pulled the vehicle over and issued a ticket.

Papadatos noted the incident shows the importance of events like Pride.

"Now more than ever in this community Pride is needed to help raise awareness," he said.

http://ckom.com/article/1605638/sign-hat...e-burn-out
Lol that is epic trolling.
(02-27-2013 11:44 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]wow. in china they'd do this for like 5K usd
Why not 1K USD?
Reference URL's