Evil Academy

Full Version: Kundalini Yoga Dangerous? This lady will assure you it's not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I've heard of yoga teachers getting all messed up from pursuing difficult poses
apparently kundalini syndrome is a legit psychiatric disorder.

i think it's listed in some versions of the DSM.
i think just the plain exercises without spiritual overtones is probably good for your circulation and health.. but I think the spiritual stuff can be damaging to people.

they are encouraging people to fuse the male and female serpentine spirit. not COOL
read about kundalini syndrome here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini_s...categories
just think about how heavily yoga is promoted by the establishment.

what healthy practices does the establishment promote?

SSRIs, Fluoridated water, GMO food...

YOGA?

Yoga is heavily promoted, esp. to women and housewives.
Kundalini
Kundalini is interpreted as a three and half times coiled serpent sleeping at the base of the spine. It signifies creative potential energy, which when awakened will move up along the spine upbraiding and purifying the 6 chakras on the way up to the crown chakra. It is the working of the energy of the glandular system combined with the nervous system to awake the brain towards total clarity. Some people interpret the culmination of this yoga of awareness as enlightenment. This kundalini needs the concentrated life force or prana to activate it. Prana is equivalent to Qi or Holy Spirit. Prana is the universal life force.

In order to awaken the serpent, prolonged internal meditation is required to release the vast mass of energy stored up in it. Other methods will be mentioned later. The aroused kundalini will then travel up the sushumna as well as the smaller channels, ida and pingala (see Fig. below). No matter how the kundalini is aroused, either a lot or a little, it can bring out abnormal reactions in the body and mind. In order for the full awakening to be achieved the aspirant must be guided by an accomplished teacher, who himself has succeeded in total awakening. On the way up, the purification of the chakras can cause much bizarre physical symptoms, some of which are distressing to the yogi. During this sojourn all the nadis (subtle nerves) around and along the chakras and nervous plexuses are opened up. In order to understand kundalini more clearly, we must go into the concept of kundalini yoga and bring in the terms Shiva and Shakti.
"One often hears and reads about the dangers of Yoga, particularly of the ill-reputed Kundalini Yoga. The deliberately induced psychotic state, which in certain unstable individuals might easily lead to a real psychosis, is a danger that needs to be taken very seriously indeed. These things really are dangerous and ought not to be meddled with in our typically Western way. It is a meddling with Fate, which strikes at the very roots of human existence and can let loose a flood of sufferings of which no sane person ever dreamed. These sufferings correspond to the hellish torments of the chönyid state... "

-Carl Jung
Quote:Sri Chinmoy reckons that there are two ways of arousing the kundalini: (1) the tantric process and (2) the vedantic process. He warns that the tantric approach is systematic and elaborate but quite dangerous. The vedantic method is simple, mystical but safe and no less fulfilling. The tantric method is dangerous because it deals with the lower vital and emotional life. It is also dynamic and courageous, but one has to be strong internally to conquer the vital forces of the kundalini energy. The vedantic method is safe because he purifies himself and expands his consciousness first before he deals with the obscure, impure lower forces of the kundalini
Quote:There have been many scandals among kundalini yoga teachers - particularly sexual scandals. Is there a correlation between sexual scandals and kundalini yoga practice?

There have been scandals regarding the teachers of many paths, both spiritual and non-spiritual ; however, it is probably fair to say that kundalini yogins have had more than their share. Since the first publication of these frequently-asked-questions in 1994 more than one well-known kundalini yoga teacher has been implicated in having clandestine affairs with students and has been asked to step down from his position as spiritual leader as a result.

An advanced kundalini yogin is typically a powerful charismatic individual who has the ability to directly influence the minds of others. Westerners often mistake this power as a sign of enlightenment and allow such teachers liberties as a result.

In addition it is quite common for kundalini yoga to temporarily accentuate the sex drive. This period requires extra discipline. Finally, kundalini yoga is closely associated with tantrism and sex is often used in conjunction with tantric practice. Where sex is used there is of course the opportunity for misuse or abuse.

this stuff can lead to promiscuity. I doubt 99% of the practitioners will get to the level of ego-loss and enlightenment. they will be stuck in the sex mania stage.

Dangerous?

Hmmm.

Promoted by the establishment? YES.

the 'comments' for this particular talk appear to have been disabled.

I'm guessing the speaker did not tell many people who have experienced or are chasing after Kundalini experiences what they want to hear.

Kundalini is not Liberation.

Liberation is about suffering, the knowledge of the root causes of suffering, and freedom from suffering.

Kundalini may be a pleasant experience but it comes and goes like everything else.

It's not your true self, your true being, or your true nature.

Kundalini's popularity is largely a by-product with the recent public fascination with New Age movements and the occult.

In Theravada Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, and Vedanta...it is not promoted.

So before engaging in some sort of quest for Kundalini experiences, I think it's important to ask oneself "What kind of truth am I seeking?".

Yeah. the article I quoted stated that Vedanta is a safer way rather than tantra.

although they do say that some vedantists try to reach the "kundalini"
A lot of yoga teachers end up dying, possibly not a coincidence ?
(10-16-2013 05:45 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]apparently kundalini syndrome is a legit psychiatric disorder.

So is being suspicious of your government.

So is thinking homosexuality is not natural.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's