Evil Academy

Full Version: Yesterday you could buy a orginal Banksy for $60 US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Crazy

some girl bought two, but before that there were hardly any takers

She just made probably tens of thousands of dollars instand profit for $120 investment

[Image: STALL-TIGHT-private.jpg?1381679523]

Yesterday I set up a stall in the park selling 100% authentic original signed Banksy canvases.
For $60 each.

got to be looking out for those art bargains all the time I find.
Checkout his website for some of the cool stuff hes been doing lately

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

For those not in the know, hes the top street artist in the world, a mysterious figure, who he really is is unknown to the general public, in fact hes probably the most famous artist in the world right now ..and he does it for the art, not the dollars, other folk make lots off him though
Proves that talent is meaningless when it comes to contemporary art. It's all about marketing.
so this guy is a famous artist who set up a stall?
he is basically a tagger, as such, he does paintings on walls, they just appear, however if you find one and you own the wall, you have just made a lot of $
Its a big deal if you find one

He dosent sell his works, but he did this street stall thing to show how meaningless it all is, how the $ the fame etc is all in the hype when it comes down to it , its just pictures, if you don't know about him then they are just like anything else.
modern art can't stand on its own most of the time.

with music, any dupe can tell if it's good or bad.

it's harder to fake it with music.

the lowest of the low to the highest of the high all like Bach, Mozart etc.
but my point with music doesn't always hold.

i think some famous violinist played on the street and only scrounged a few bucks.

but my point was more about composition.

like most people don't need critics to tell them what to like in music. they feel it, they like it.

with art.. you need explanations. a lot of it can't stand up without someone telling you "he's famous for blah blahblah.. postmodern, social critique blah blah, challenging conventions blalh blah

it's all a personality cult..

i'm looking for what's real.. what can stand up on its own.
(10-14-2013 08:45 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]but my point with music doesn't always hold.

i think some famous violinist played on the street and only scrounged a few bucks.

but my point was more about composition.

like most people don't need critics to tell them what to like in music. they feel it, they like it.

with art.. you need explanations. a lot of it can't stand up without someone telling you "he's famous for blah blahblah.. postmodern, social critique blah blah, challenging conventions blalh blah

People just don't appreciate visual arts in general, because it doesn't touch them on an emotional level like music does. Most people listen to music every day but can't even name one painter.
yeah.

and also no human made art can beat the visuals that nature provides.

nice landscapes, a relaxing sunset, beautiful clouds etc.

but nature's sounds are not as beautiful as manmade music.

i mean bach sounds better than chirping birds, barking dogs, or wind.
yup landscapes like this beat Monet anytime, it can change your mood in a manner that's similar to music.

[Image: A-Dog-and-a-Beautiful-Landscape.jpg]
I can tell good art from shit art, everyone can. There a lot of f*ggots who would convince you otherwise though. Isn't that a CT? That the CIA funded the bullshit 'Modern Art' garbage we see today that might as well be me nutting on a canvas and color coding it?
'Naked man' mural allowed to stay
'Guerrilla artist' Banksy's graffiti
The mural is near Bristol City Council's offices
A piece of graffiti by Bristol artist Banksy has been allowed to stay after what the city council described as "overwhelming support" from the public.
The stencilled image shows a woman in her underwear standing behind a suited man leaning out of a window, and a naked man hanging onto the ledge.

The public was invited to decide whether it should stay on the side of a building on Park Street or be removed.

An internet discussion forum showed 97% of submitters supported the work.

Many people who logged on highlighted the fact that Banksy is a Bristolian, and that his work "brightened up" the urban environment.

However, the council warned the support of the Banksy piece is not support of graffiti in general, and an extra council team has recently been created to tackle graffiti.

The decision to keep this Banksy image is not a green light for more graffiti in the city
Councillor Gary Hopkins
Only six people on the AskBristol forum wanted to see Banksy's latest contribution removed.

Three of these argued the work might encourage imitators and other graffiti that was less desirable; the others said graffiti of any sort made the city look scruffy.

"It is fantastic that Bristol's residents have felt so strongly about it as a work of art that they have been encouraged to register their views," said councillor Gary Hopkins.

"I have seen it bring a smile to people's faces as they stop to appraise it, so I personally am pleased that Bristol wants it to stay.

"I stress that the decision to keep this Banksy image is not a green light for more graffiti in the city."

[Image: banksy-man-hanging-from-window-1365891466_b.jpg]

[Image: 3916080453_5f91029892_z.jpg?zz=1]
[Image: day8.jpg?1381439407]
[Image: day4.jpg?1381436458]
[Image: occupy-day4.jpg]
[Image: underwear-day4.jpg]

Random graffiti given a Broadway makeover (an ongoing series).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's