Evil Academy

Full Version: The Peacock Angel, Secret Society and an Ancient religion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Order of the Peacock Angel(from Wikipedia)
Info form A History Of "Secret Societies" by the mysterious Arkon Daraul

Order of the Peacock Angel is the name of a Yazidi-influenced secret society described in the 1961 book, Secret Societies Yesterday and Today (subsequently reissued as A History of Secret Societies). [1] The pseudonymous author, "Arkon Daraul", describes encountering members of the organization in the suburbs of London and attending their rituals. Daraul appears to be the only source for the existence of this group.

"Peacock Angel" is the customary translation of "Melek Taus", the divinity honored by the Yazidi. According to Daraul, the English version of the cult was brought to Britain in 1913 by a Syrian whose name is only known to initiates. Membership grew to encompass "several hundred members throughout Britain" as well as three lodges in the United States".

The group subscribes to a belief in a power governing human affairs, symbolized by a peacock. Recruits are instructed through a series of mental and physical exercises intended to place the experience of emotion under the control of the will. Daraul described a ceremony where robed members engaged in an ecstatic dance in the presence of a large statue of a peacock.

As a sign of identification, "the right hand is placed, with the fingers spread out (perhaps to represent the tail of the peacock) on the left breast, just above the heart." Some members are said to keep live peacocks.

Sounds sort of Thelemic

The Yazidi people (from wikipedia)
The Yazidi (also Yezidi, Kurdish: ئێزیدی or Êzidî) are a Kurdish ethnoreligious group with Indo-Iranian roots. They currently live primarily in the Nineveh Province of northern Iraq. Additional communities in Transcaucasia, Armenia, Turkey, and Syria have been in decline since the 1990s, their members having emigrated to Europe, especially to Germany.[13] Their religion, Yazidism, is a branch of Yazdânism, and is seen as a highly syncretic complex of local Kurdish beliefs that contains Zoroastrian elements and Islamic Sufi doctrine introduced to the area by Sheikh Adi ibn Musafir in the 12th century.[14] The Yazidi believe in God as creator of the world, which he placed under the care of seven holy beings or angels, the chief of whom is Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel.

Any one with information on this secret order please contirbute
The British carried off much of Mesopotamia back to England during their period of exploration of the region in the nineteenth-early twentieth century. It's not too surprising then that some of the old beliefs of the land made their way back home to Old Blighty as well then. It is interesting though; I hadn't heard of this Order of the Peacock Angel before. Of course, the Yezidi Kurds have been one of the most persecuted of Iraq's ancient minorities since the mass persecutions began in the wake of the US invasion. The ancient Christian, Yezidi and and Mandean peoples will eventually disappear from Mesopotamia as a result of the war.

It's probably fitting then that their belief system might outlive the people themselves in England of all places.
interesting.

dawn of a new day, 1000 points of light?

[Image: 7136089-beautiful-indian-peacock-with-fu...d-tail.jpg]
There is a rumor that members of the U.S. lodge of the order were the founders of NBC, the peacock network.
I have heard that a number of times, but it seems incredibly hard to nail down any info these cats.
the rothschilds and rockefellers are flash points of criticism .. but there has to be many groups many have never heard about.

there is a group called WACL (world anti-communist league) based in taiwan that has a lot of power or at least used to during the reagan era. no one ever seems to talk about them.
(02-26-2013 05:30 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]the rothschilds and rockefellers are flash points of criticism .. but there has to be many groups many have never heard about.

there is a group called WACL (world anti-communist league) based in taiwan that has a lot of power or at least used to during the reagan era. no one ever seems to talk about them.

Yeah there are all sorts, but the Order of Peacock is documented in a famous book about secret esoteric societies. The author was allowed to whiteness one their ecstatic ceremonies.
the peacock imagery reminds me of vishnu's multiple arms.

if you have any more info on esoteric secret societies, please do share.
My info is limited, I think Redneck is the man in that department.
^ are you a freemason?
(02-26-2013 05:39 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]the peacock imagery reminds me of vishnu's multiple arms.

if you have any more info on esoteric secret societies, please do share.

Melek Tawus is an intersting character (not a peacock himslef lol)all sorts of symbolism with the eyes.

(02-26-2013 05:45 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]^ are you a freemason?

You trolling? lol
I don't think I am Mason material . Esoteric Freemasonry interests me a lot but I don't have any interest in the rest of the deal. I think Mason's involved with the esoteric side are few and far between judging from what actual Mason's have told me. It seems like most of them are vaguely aware of that side of it but don't pay much attention, kind of like fraternities rituals on college campuses have esoteric trappings but no frat boy really knows or cares. Not that Mason's frat boys.
^ you're totally right. most masons know nothing about the esoteric side. it's more a fraternal gathering or for business networks.

the frat boy analogy is apt.. deep esoteric foundations, but most are just in it for the booze and women!
we do have a real freemason on this site, Roman Monstrum. He's very helpful.
t
[Image: 387px-Yezidi_Man-1.jpg]
[Image: Yezidi_Flag1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's