Evil Academy

Full Version: 9/11 Insider Trading Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.larsschall.com/2013/09/11/911...revisited/

"In March 2012, I’ve published a special investigation for Asia Times Online by taking a critical look at the issue of informed trading prior to the 9/11 terror attacks – see here. I’ve concluded back then that there can be no dispute that speculative trade in put options – where a party bets that a stock will drop abruptly in value – spiked in the days around September 11, 2001 – even if the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the 9/11 Commission will not say so. More than a few people must have had advance warning of the terror attacks, and they cashed in to the tune of millions of dollars.

The SEC review – entitled “Pre-September 11, 2001 Trading Review” – states,

“We have not developed any evidence that suggests that those who had advance knowledge of the attacks traded on the basis of that information. In every instance where we noticed unusual trading before the attack, we were able to determine, either through speaking directly with those responsible for the trading, or by reviewing trading records, that the trading was consistent with a legitimate trading strategy.”

However, there are three scientific papers that come to very different conclusions:

- Allen M Poteshman: “Unusual Option Market Activity and the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001″, published in The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, 2006, Vol 79, Edition 4, page 1703-1726.

- Marc Chesney, Remo Crameri and Loriano Mancini: “Detecting Informed Trading Activities in the Option Markets”, University of Zurich, April 2010, online here.

- Wing-Keung Wong, Howard E. Thompson und Kweehong Teh: “Was there Abnormal Trading in the S&P 500 Index Options Prior to the September 11 Attacks?”, published at Social Sciences Research Network, April 2010, see here.

Please let me summarize them for you just briefly.

In the first scientific study which had been carried out in 2006 regarding the put option trading around 9/11 related to the two airlines involved, United Airlines and American Airlines, US economist Allen M Poteshman from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign came to this conclusion: “Examination of the option trading leading up to September 11 reveals that there was an unusually high level of put buying. This finding is consistent with informed investors having traded options in advance of the attacks.”

Another scientific study was conducted by the economists Wong Wing-Keung (Hong Kong Baptist University, HKBU), Kweehong Teh (National University of Singapore, NUS), and Howard E Thompson (University of Wisconsin), whose findings were published in April 2010 under the title “Was there Abnormal Trading in the S&P 500 Index Options Prior to the September 11 Attacks?” The authors looked at the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX Index Options), in particular with a focus on strategies emanating from a bear market.

Basically, Wong, Thompson and Teh came to the conclusion “that our findings show that there was a significant abnormal increase in the trading volume in the option market just before the 9-11 attacks in contrast with the absence of abnormal trading volume far before the attacks”.

More specifically, they stated, “Our findings from the out-of-the-money (OTM), at-the-money (ATM) and in-the-money (ITM) SPX index put options and ITM SPX index call options lead us to reject the null hypotheses that there was no abnormal trading in these contracts before September 11th."
"My question: How does the SEC comment on these scientific studies and their findings that contradict the assertion of the SEC (and subsequently that of the 9/11 Commission) that no individuals used foreknowledge to profit from the 9/11 terrorist attacks?

Furthermore, may I ask you for information concerning your response to a Freedom of Information Act request regarding the pre-9/11 put options that was submitted by David Callahan, the executive editor at that time of SmartCEO. The SEC responded:

“This letter is in response to your request seeking access to and copies of the documentary evidence referred to in footnote 130 of Chapter 5 of the September 11 (9/11) Commission Report. (…) We have been advised that the potentially responsive records have been destroyed.“

My question: Why did the SEC destroy its records on the 9/11 insider trading issue?

Thank you for your attention!

Kind regards,

Lars Schall.

The response of the SEC was…well, to make a short story even shorter: there was none. Thus, the issue remains pretty much unresolved – and should be treated in the field of research as a dramatic gap in the official narrative of the event going forward.
I read about this before, my first thought is where there any other reasons people might be buying put options on those two airlines?
(09-14-2013 12:31 AM)GMB13 Wrote: [ -> ]I read about this before, my first thought is where there any other reasons people might be buying put options on those two airlines?

One can come up with possibilities, but the tragedy is that those who purchased these put options were never required to testify publicly under oath as to their reasons.
Very good. I will use this as ammo.

Tired of their creative explanations.

Willie brown was told not to fly that day.
"Every Jew that worked in the WTC's didnt turn up to work on 9/11 after receiving personal phone calls from Mossad"

FACTS are FACTS!
"In the first scientific study which had been carried out in 2006 regarding the put option trading around 9/11 related to the two airlines involved, United Airlines and American Airlines, US economist Allen M Poteshman from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign came to this conclusion: “Examination of the option trading leading up to September 11 reveals that there was an unusually high level of put buying. This finding is consistent with informed investors having traded options in advance of the attacks.”

Scientific studies n sheet !
(09-14-2013 06:58 PM)Cool Hand Vutu Wrote: [ -> ]"Every Jew that worked in the WTC's didnt turn up to work on 9/11 after receiving personal phone calls from Mossad"

FACTS are FACTS!

[Image: cease_faggotry.jpg]
(09-14-2013 06:59 PM)Cool Hand Vutu Wrote: [ -> ]"In the first scientific study which had been carried out in 2006 regarding the put option trading around 9/11 related to the two airlines involved, United Airlines and American Airlines, US economist Allen M Poteshman from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign came to this conclusion: “Examination of the option trading leading up to September 11 reveals that there was an unusually high level of put buying. This finding is consistent with informed investors having traded options in advance of the attacks.”

Scientific studies n sheet !

Scientific studies appeal to dupes.
How does one conduct a scientific study into trading? Forensic maybe?
Hard to do a forensic study when the suspect documents have been destroyed.

Vutu, you seem real unhappy here, your posts show it, they are either loaded with sarcasm or vitriol. Want to talk babe, I can maybe be of assistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freedom
Im not ready for that yet but thanks what one, ill keep that up my sleeve. Cheers
(09-14-2013 06:58 PM)Cool Hand Vutu Wrote: [ -> ]"Every Jew that worked in the WTC's didnt turn up to work on 9/11 after receiving personal phone calls from Mossad"

FACTS are FACTS!

I do remember watching a scroll of names of the dead in the towers during the televised news coverage of the event and being struck by the absence of one certain prominent New York ethnic group from the death tolls.

It sure was peculiar.
What was in Tower 7?
(09-14-2013 08:58 PM)Cool Hand Vutu Wrote: [ -> ]How does one conduct a scientific study into trading? Forensic maybe?

I don't believe a study needs to be physical to employ the scientific method.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's