Evil Academy

Full Version: Watch What You Eat Around Sir Paul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Paul McCartney tells Regina crew: Go veggie or go home

Paul McCartney rocked out for fans in Regina last night. But before he took the stage, the legendary rocker told the crew working his show at Mosaic Stadium that they had to go vegetarian.

Our own David Menzies weighs in on this absurd piece of bologna.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/15/pau...or-go-home
What a douchebag.
Is that the whole story? Where did David Menzies weigh in?
vegetarian = gay
Not sure what the issue is here to be honest.

Paul is a vegetarian and pays for the caterer to bring vegetarian food.

It's basically a free meal, correct?
(08-17-2013 02:42 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what the issue is here to be honest.

Paul is a vegetarian and pays for the caterer to bring vegetarian food.

It's basically a free meal, correct?

Still kinda douchey imo. If it were me, I'd order what I wanted for myself and what I thought others would want for everybody else.
Well, I'll stay out of this debate then.

I've been to many work parties, weddings, dinners, etc. and never get upset that only meat is offered.

I just work around it or eat ahead of time.

On one occasion like this meat eaters have to go through what I've been doing for 15 years and get up in arms.

It's just the way is when it comes to free meals.

You eat what is offered or you plan around it.
Is there any evidence Paul forbid them to order a pizza or bring some Micky D's?

If so, I agree that it's douchey.
headline sounds sensationalized. If the food is on his dime, crew cannot say a word.
(08-17-2013 03:50 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any evidence Paul forbid them to order a pizza or bring some Micky D's?

Yeah, you really have to watch the video.

He does come off as a bit of a douche.
(08-17-2013 01:11 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the whole story? Where did David Menzies weigh in?

In the video, I provided a link.

Maybe not workin`for folks in certain countries?
vid doesn't work for me.
(08-17-2013 05:25 AM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2013 03:50 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any evidence Paul forbid them to order a pizza or bring some Micky D's?

Yeah, you really have to watch the video.

He does come off as a bit of a douche.

Well, celebrities tend to be that way. I doubt Paul is no different.

The commentators seem a bit douchey as well.

Again...it's a free meal paid for by McCartney.

He's a staunch vegetarian so he's going to order a vegetarian meal.

When I go to a wedding...the choices are usually Salmon or Chicken or something like that.

When work has a party, there's usually pepperoni pizza or some other meat based options and nothing vegetarian/vegan.

When I go to a golf tournament...pay for the golf and the meal afterwards beforehand out of my own pocket...and I only get the option of hamburgers, roast beef, or hotdogs.

I don't get upset or think I'm being oppressed. I just realize that that's what the people who order it eat and that's what they want to have.

In fact, most places don't even offer vegetarian/vegan meals.

That's just life.

You gotta live your life the way you want and you can't expect others to cater to your personal preferences.

Paul McCartney is a staunch vegetarian so, if you work for him, there's a good chance that's what you're going to get.

I don't see it as shocking in any way.

If it were me, I'd probably try to accommodate the meat eaters with something they might like because I know what it's like to go to events and gatherings and not be able to eat anything.

But what these people are getting upset about is basically an everyday experience in one way or another for somebody like me.

It's hard for me to feel a lot of sympathy for somebody who has to eat one free meal that doesn't include meat.
It's Canadian CTsar. I can't watch a lot of highly commercial US news links from places like CNN so it makes sense. It's a major Canadian news chain.

There's a clip from the Simpsons (Lisa and Apu) then a short interview with a very pompous sounding Sir Paul followed by a mocking editorial spot with a crusty Canadian editorial commentator.
Your Pink Name is well disorrowed meka.
If it was not for my brave pebpnpalo the dingo.
It LLL qouls vw fur nuit. tHEN again though it mighy.
Just be.
Kangariio
Fuckas.
/
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's