Evil Academy

Full Version: 8th Grade Exam from 1912. Wow. US has been dumbed down.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Eighth-Grade-Exam.jpg]
I'm pretty sure I could pass this exam given a reasonable time limit.

Although lmao @ 8th grade standards. 60 years ago a high school diploma used to be worth something.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone S3 using Crapatalk
Teachers today are too lazy to grade a test like that.

Just give the little shits a multiple choice test that a machine can grade then spend the rest of your day bitching about how you're underpaid.
^ yeah that is a key point. Multiple Choice makes everything much easier.
Also knowledge is so specialized that day that even PHDs cannot answer some of these questions.

-Through which waters would a vessel pass in going from England through the Suez Canal to Manila?
-How does the liver compare in size with other glands in the human body?
-Compare arteries and veins as to function. Where is the blood carried to be purified?
-During which wars were the following battles fought: Brandywine, Great Meadows, Lundy’s Lane, Antietam, Buena Vista?

would a sociology phd be able to answer these easily?

or an Econ PHD?

I'm guessing no.
If there is a guessing penalty and a reasonable time limit, multiple choice cannot be gamed so easily.

The #1 benefit of multiple choice exams is that they are extremely objective, even if the questions and answer choices themselves may be suspicious. Has anyone ever taken the SAT and thought "WTF??" when none of the answers choices to a reading comprehension question made sense? This is the reason why I was one question short of a perfect score.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone S3 using Crapatalk
I agree about them being more objective..
I actually think HA could pass this lol.
This is what I thought all along, but then I saw you guys refer to this Flynn effect and thought I must have been wrong all these years. Glad to see I was right all along.
no one truly understands the flynn effect.
Wow, pretty telling, and they are talking about further lowering standards in places like California righ?
I have grown more stupid with age, it correlates that humankind has done likewise
Ain't it the truth brotha!
(08-14-2013 04:20 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Also knowledge is so specialized that day that even PHDs cannot answer some of these questions.

-Through which waters would a vessel pass in going from England through the Suez Canal to Manila?
-How does the liver compare in size with other glands in the human body?
-Compare arteries and veins as to function. Where is the blood carried to be purified?
-During which wars were the following battles fought: Brandywine, Great Meadows, Lundy’s Lane, Antietam, Buena Vista?

would a sociology phd be able to answer these easily?

or an Econ PHD?

I'm guessing no.

2,3 are very straightforward. Physiology is my shit.

1 is a bit tricky, bc seas do not have exact boundaries... from the suez there is only one easterly route, through the red and arabian seas. The indonesian archipelago has all kinds of tiny little bodies of water that I never bothered to learn. After sailing through the indian a ship can pass through the strait of malacca (sp??) and into the south china sea. (Without checking, I'm pretty sure manila is on the western seaboard... )

American history is my weakest point, but I know about all the battles except Lundy's Lane,,, although I can't describe any in great detail.

Like I always say. Rote memorization is HIGHLY underrated. There was a time when American students were forced to memorize the rules of phonics, common orthography, grammar, geographical locations, historical events, etc. Nowadays you have PhD candidates in history who cannot recognize the subjunctive mood.

This is why whenever a terrorist from Goatrapistan blows up a building somewhere, Americans have NO clue what is going on when they turn on the news. "Kurdistan? Tikrit? Sunni vs. Shia? Kabul? The strait of hormuz? Huh??? Is that a brand of cognac?" This is why they are so easily brainwashed. Even Bush couldn't tell the difference between Shia and Sunni a YEAR after starting the Iraq War. Donald Rumsfeld sold the war by claiming that Iraq had no holy places sacred to Muslims. I mean WTF is this.

I guarantee you 90% of Americans on the street STILL cannot locate Afghanistan on a map of the world, after their country has wasted trillions of retarded wars overseas.

And that's a conservative estimate. That actual figure is prob 95% more.

Dumb fucks.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone 7.0 using Crapatalk
My mum threw this at me when I was trying to show her how smart I was with my big words and what not.

I'd heard it from my grandmother many a time and so did mum, but she remembered it:

In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial and psychological sentimentalities, beware of platitudinous ponderosity.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and your unpremeditated explications have an intelligibility and vivacious veracity without rudimentary or phrasmical bombast.

Sedulously avoid all polysyllable profundity, facetious vacuity and ventriloqual verbosity, observant or otherwise.

IN OTHER WORDS: Speak plainly, briefly, sensibly, naturally, say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't use big words!

Think Tiresias would agree? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's