Evil Academy

Full Version: 10 things single Japanese women want from a man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. He wouldn’t have to do anything in particular, just be there for me when I’m lonely.”

2. When I’m tired or sad, I would want him to just take me in his arms without saying a word.”

3. I would want him to take me to lots of nice places.”

4. I would want him to quietly and attentively listen to my complaints about daily life.
5. I would want him to take care of me when I get sick.
6. I would want him to sneak up behind me and suddenly give me a hug.
7. I would want him to play with my hair.
8. I would want him to cover me with a blanket when I fall asleep.
9. When we’re out and about, I would want him to hold my hand and walk close to me.
10. I would want him to arrange surprises for me.
-National Institute of Population and Social Security Research
An Internet survey asking Japanese men and women aged 20 to 39 which company they would like a potential marriage partner to work for ranked Nintendo number one.

The survey, conducted November 28 and 29, 2012, received 500 valid responses. Filling out the top five were All Nippon Airways (ANA), Tanita (electronic scales), Google and Apple. Reasons given for choices were wide-ranging including, “It’s a hot company,” and “My partner is unlikely to gain a middle-aged bulge (working there).”
Which Company’s Employee Would You Like to Marry? Nintendo Tops Rankings in Japan
TOP TEN FOR 2012

1. Nintendo: Previous Rank: 6
Reasons: I feel it’s constantly at the top of its industry and doesn’t falter (Female, 20s). Because I like games (Male, 20s).
2. All Nippon Airways: Previous Rank: 14
Reasons: It appears to be a forward-thinking and energetic company (Female, 20s). Salaries look good (Female, 30s). It would be great to marry a cabin attendant (Male, 20s).
3. Tanita: Previous Rank: –
Reasons: It looks like they take care to manage employees’ health (Male, 30s). My partner is unlikely to gain a middle-aged bulge working there (Female, 20s).
3. Google: Previous Rank: –
Reasons: Company has a cool image (Female, 30s). Company’s industry position going forward is thought to be secure (Female, 30s). Flexible working conditions (Male, 20s).
5. Apple: Previous Rank: –
Reasons: It’s a hot company (Female, 30s). Its products are selling well (Female, 30s).
6. Mitsubishi: Previous Rank: 20
Reasons: Company appears stable (Female, 30s). Appears to have a lot of people who are active globally (Female, 20s). High salary (Male, 20s).
7. Shiseido: Previous Rank: 50
Reasons: It has an image of taking good care of its employees (Male, 20s). I’m interested in beauty (Male, 20s). The company has made a good impression on me (Male, 20s).
8. East Japan Railway Company: Previous Rank: 22
Reasons: If my partner has detailed knowledge about railways it would be helpful (Male, 30s). Punctuality (Male, 20s).
9. The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ: Previous Rank: 19
Reasons: It’s a major corporation and thought to be stable (Female, 20s).
10. Suntory: Previous Rank: 10
Reasons: I buy their products a lot because they suit my tastes (Female, 20s).
11. Sex with Curry Hitler.
interesting to note that virtually none of these demands require money.

I think it generally is true that japanese women dont' see money as the end all be all like women in many other places.
#3 I guess could be construed as a money thing. But this is what surprised me about a lot of j-women.. they tend to judge based on your character. Not sure if it's still true for the younger generation though. Things are changing fast there now.
it's interesting to present it this way.

i have found japanese women to be really into money. i don't mean they're gold diggers, but the society places a lot more value on money than the west overall, and i think that's good, right, and intelligent. they don't go into debt, they save alot, they economize, they plan for the future and any financial problems that might occur later on, and many of them live a high level of life full of globe hopping and gourmet.

however, in some places in japan that maintain more of the historical connection to china, they worship money and the women look at men and see dollar signs (well, yen signs) in their eyes and it's disgusting.

now, maybe western girls these days are going crazy for money, with their sense of entitlement and television brainwashing, and maybe me being older in japan than when i was in the west makes women more likely to ask - but not a single western girlfriend asked me my salary, and every japanese girlfriend did, usually pretty early on in the relationship. many japanese women when you first meet them ask for your business card so they can guesstimate your salary based on company and position.

i'd actually argue the other way around. japanese women want both love and money (and it might be dirty, face-losing and too embarrassing to talk about money in a survey), but their desire for money is a positive thing linked with life-planning and realism.
Printing this out...
(02-18-2013 10:39 AM)Yatsuzaki Wrote: [ -> ]it's interesting to present it this way.

i have found japanese women to be really into money. i don't mean they're gold diggers, but the society places a lot more value on money than the west overall, and i think that's good, right, and intelligent. they don't go into debt, they save alot, they economize, they plan for the future and any financial problems that might occur later on, and many of them live a high level of life full of globe hopping and gourmet.

however, in some places in japan that maintain more of the historical connection to china, they worship money and the women look at men and see dollar signs (well, yen signs) in their eyes and it's disgusting.

now, maybe western girls these days are going crazy for money, with their sense of entitlement and television brainwashing, and maybe me being older in japan than when i was in the west makes women more likely to ask - but not a single western girlfriend asked me my salary, and every japanese girlfriend did, usually pretty early on in the relationship. many japanese women when you first meet them ask for your business card so they can guesstimate your salary based on company and position.

i'd actually argue the other way around. japanese women want both love and money (and it might be dirty, face-losing and too embarrassing to talk about money in a survey), but their desire for money is a positive thing linked with life-planning and realism.

excellent insight. my thoughts exactly. girls who don't care about money are not -realistic.. but I do find a deemphasis placed on it in Japan.

they care about money, just that you have enough for living a comfortable life. that's normal.

Money is like air or water.. however there are many girls in Korea, China that want MUCH more than just living comfortably. and then again then the avg. salaries in japan tend to be on the lower side so that must factor into it a bit.
t
All I know is that Japanese chicks generally don't like me.
I think it's too much machismo on my part.
Japanese girls LOVE machismo.. Machismo with a feminine shell.
Hmm, well I've had sex with 2 japanese women in my life. They are very underrepresented. African chicks like me, SEA do, Eastern Euro do. Western girls and Jap girls hate me.
in other news water is still wet.
Reference URL's