Evil Academy

Full Version: Mas Oyama was a Fraud?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:How did Mas Oyama kill bulls with his fists?
7 Answers
Profile photo for Joshua Emmanuel Gilbert
Joshua Emmanuel Gilbert, Dojo darling. Spams hi block. Will BallOFoot round kick you
Answered 2 years ago ยท Author has 195 answers and 404.8K answer views
He didnt. He chopped off the horns of bulls that had their horns pre cut. Or he just plain cut the horns off. If you watch the youtube videos, youll notice you never see him strike the horns, but you see it fall. Its probably just editing. As far as wrestling the bull, when a bull has a lead, its not terribly hard if the bull is small. Anyone with reasonable strength and knowledge of leverage can wrestle down a regular bull, provided they use the right timing to maximize their leverage.

Btw, this wasnt a healthy bull, it was old, and looke tired. Or drugged. ctually, someone said it was an ox, that makes sense given how docile it is.

Look up bull wrestling and youll find cowboys smaller than Mas Oyama wrestling bulls.

You can even find guys wrestling bears (the bears have muzzles, and sometimes gloves on) and doing well, despite not having martial arts experience.

Mas Oyama was a fraud in some respects. He fixed tournaments (through being a judge and biased towards japanese fighters, or overruling match decisions etc. look it up), used parlor tricks to gain a following, and used a lot of exceptional marketing.

He didnt fight 51 bulls, and was never gored by a bull. I defy you to find a picture of the scar from his alleged hospital visit. Or aby accounts if his bull fights. Were that deat true, then theybwouldve showed up in newspapers, especially in mexico, where such a thing would have made him seem like a warlock or someone with supernatural powers. If you manage to find an article it will reference all 51 bulls, but out of all 51, its suspicious that not one bull fight managed to get their own news coverage.

He was still an outstanding martial artist. And a very knowledgeable teacher. But things like wrestling bulls, cutting bottles with karate chops etc, those are parlor tricks that anyone with a fair amount of knowhow can do, even without martial skill.

There is also no proof of his 300 man kumite. But there are fighters who have been filmed doing the 100 man kumite, like francisco filho for example. And he WAS very skilled, so i can believe that one.
Sometimes the legend is bigger than the man.

There was a story that became an urban myth about Joe Frazier, that he knocked out a horse with one punch.

I have also seen George Foreman attributed to the same urban myth, depending on which version of reality you choose to believe.

I doubt that either man actually did it.

Mas Oyama was famous for chopping the horns of bulls with his knife hand technique. That is obviously BS. If he did it in a public display then the horns were probably pre-cut.
so many stories are BS it's not even funny

people have been sold so many lies

BRUCE LEE however, I think his story is not as exaggerated. You could just feel the authenticity with him
(08-30-2021 07:01 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]There was a story that became an urban myth about Joe Frazier, that he knocked out a horse with one punch.

I've heard the exact same story about Roberto Duran.
I heard that David Tua was kicked in the jaw by a horse and did not go down.
(08-31-2021 11:13 AM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021 07:01 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]There was a story that became an urban myth about Joe Frazier, that he knocked out a horse with one punch.

I've heard the exact same story about Roberto Duran.

Come to think of it, so have I.

What do these guys have against Horses?
Only a man like Mongo could do that. [Image: fce2686504d4936ec9013c20948cf702.gif]
yeah we were sold the "size and strength don't matter" snake-oil too!
Reference URL's