Evil Academy

Full Version: BEER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Goddamn do I love a good beer. I just had a friend stop by I hadn't seen in a while who had heard about my dog getting shot and he brought my a 30 pack of Bud Light which, while I appreciate the sentiment, is just a disgusting beverage, swill.

Do any of you guys drink beer? What are some of the beers of your country that are worth drinking?

As an American I must apologize for our disgusting major brands (Coors, Budweiser, Miller), they are just BAD. But we do have some fucking awesome beers, anything from Sierrra Nevada brewing co are personal favorites, lots of small local breweries that make good drinks.

So tell me, was ist der weltweit beste Bier?
Been drinking some Guinness beer. I really like it. Has a lil widget(ball) inside so when you open the can nitrogen or something gives it a head to resemble it on tap.
American beer is pretty awful (tho not as shitty as Korean beer), but at the same time some of the best craft brews in the world are American.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone S3 using Crapatalk
not a big fan of beer.. but if I have to drink it I like hooegarden.

[Image: hoegaarden.jpg]

the other one I like is Asahi Black

[Image: James-Cridland1-574x400.jpg]

actually.. i really like beer when I'm eating Korean BBQ. it really goes well with BBQ

[Image: hite-beer-its-for-dad-blog.jpg]
Lol Hite tastes like the carbonated saliva of a crack whore.

Although asahi black is some mighty fine beer.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone S3 using Crapatalk
Yeah. Hite is not quality but it goes very well with KBBQ.. it's very watery and refreshing.
When it comes to beer, I'm not picky...I'll drink whatever everybody else is having.

I do like Guinness though.

Even I admit that, although I'll drink Bud Light, it's a shitty beer.

If you're going to go with Bud Light...you might as well save a few bucks and get some Old Milwaukee or Red, White, and Blue.
it just gets me too full. You're not tipsy or drunk after a few beers.. but your stomach feels bloated. hate that feeling.

i'm still trying to figure out why some people like it so much. Japanese males are obsessed with beer. they have to drink it after work everyday.
(07-01-2013 09:26 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote: [ -> ]When it comes to beer, I'm not picky...I'll drink whatever everybody else is having.

I do like Guinness though.

Even I admit that, although I'll drink Bud Light, it's a shitty beer.

If you're going to go with Bud Light...you might as well save a few bucks and get some Old Milwaukee or Red, White, and Blue.

haha. That HITE i posted is kind of like the korean version of bud light or budweiser.
beer is so popular in japan.. that they even sell low priced pseudo beers called HAPPOSHU. they only have 20% malt content and are cheaper than ordinary beers.

[Image: japanese-happoshu-beer-sapporo-asahi-kirin.jpg]
(07-01-2013 09:31 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]it just gets me too full. You're not tipsy or drunk after a few beers.. but your stomach feels bloated. hate that feeling.

i'm still trying to figure out why some people like it so much. Japanese males are obsessed with beer. they have to drink it after work everyday.

I'm the same. Makes me sleepy and bloated before I even get started=)

On the other hand, whiskey and gin rarely let me when I'm out having a good time.

I'm pretty laid back by nature...maybe beer works better for the type A personality?
yeah the idea is to get drink less but stronger.

sometimes you're out having a good meal and you drink a couple beers and you can't enjoy the food anymore because your stomach feels so bloated.

I'll do one beer max as a starter and then move straight to harder stuff like Sake, Shochu, Whiskey etc.
There is a local Delicatessen slash food market slash wine shop that does a very good range of international beers, I tend to pick up one or two bottles a week for my evening contemplation on the deck admiring the sunset.

I had a very big hankering for this yesterday, alas they did not have it, it is glorious, a beer that is a milkshake, Boddigntons the cream of Manchester

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTontJZGnBOJtlAFUci230...tGyCe0zzJf]

Upon my dismay the helpful wine / beer man recommended the following:
I tried the Gem & another one not listed on the photo, from the Town of Bath, England, hence the name.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3mkVXExBHk4WVlJTqWpH...78QkKPYzAA]

This one truely is epic, I keep going back to it.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQVnW0is3JKKeiO4PU3Fa...s-PEvisilB]

I do like a darker beverage from time to time, I am sure this is unavailable internationally but its consistent with the genre

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqNZasJ5FMm9FLTp526kz...MMxi1l8w1A]

I do like the hofegarden white listed above, of course I only have it in the patented hofefarden glass of which I have several, you never know when a guest may want one as well.

[Image: hoegaarden.jpg]

Although for after a hot day or as a cheaper alternative for guests, I dont want them drinking all the good stuff I keep a supply of Kingfisher, its the best beer with a hot curry I can think of, its how I first experienced it at least
For our Australian frens it has some nice advertising too.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtt7fJ8ZSUMUOAY6k5EWG...pPN6kco2ry]
LOL. Calo knows his shit when it comes to beers.

Beer Connoisseurs really like that Boddington.
If you are drinking multiple beers of course, then most of the above are not the wisest choice, they are for enjoyment not for getting drunk, the kingfisher however is perhaps the exception to that in certain parts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's