Evil Academy

Full Version: anyone play Diablo 3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just 9 levels away from 100. Was wondering if anyone here plays?
No man, the wait was too long for a product that was way too similar to Diablo 2.
I like Dungeon Hunter 4 on my phone.
I never played it but I'm definitely getting the game when it comes out on XBOX360....

I cannot wait for it... I switched my BF4 preorder to Diablo 3
I've been itching to get my hands on a good dungeon crawler, but will have to wait until it comes out for the PS4.

For those of you who've played it on the PC, does it really deserve 2 stars on Amazon, or are the Blizzard haters just lashing out like they always do?
^^ The game is the most "loved" hated game ever. Go on a D3 forum and it will have dozens of threads with people saying that they are quitting or why the game sucks, yet they still play the game 8 hours daily. At first I thought the game was pretty weak, but I got pretty hooked. I have some problems with the AH as a means of getting gear, but it certainly was a clever way for blizzard to get more revenue off the game. Back in the day, people would sell D2 items on ebay. Now you can buy items with real money or the games "gold" currency. Trading is not nearly as popular as it was in D2.
I played it but my email got deleted and now I can't login anymore Sad have to buy it again... forget that.
(06-27-2013 12:47 PM)Coffee Guy Wrote: [ -> ]^^ The game is the most "loved" hated game ever. Go on a D3 forum and it will have dozens of threads with people saying that they are quitting or why the game sucks, yet they still play the game 8 hours daily.

That's interesting.

Would it be fair to say that most of the people bitching are young gamers whose main criteria for a game is graphics?

It's like their subconscious is telling them that the game is brilliant, and addictive, but their conscious mind can't get past the fact that it's not visually spectacular. So they trash the game, but at the same time can't put it down.
I am not sure about that Might. What I can say is that many people found the game to rely too much on a jackpot lottery style of items dropping. In D3, the same item can roll with different stats. you may find the best item in the game, but its stats roll shitty when you identify it. Luck is the best reward, not the amount of skill you have, nor time you put into the game. D3 is a game where the rich get richer and the poor have troubling getting good items to take them to the games highest level. Playing solidly will overcome this, but people like to bitch. You also have people who hack the game with bots. This has truly fucked up the Auction House economy. The value of gold has changed so much since the games inception, leaving the average player clueless what to do with items they want to sell or buy.

Monster slaying is fun, and blizzard packed in tons of side quests and exp runs. In D2 was the same few runs; cow runs, baal runs, bloody foothills. D3 is much more diverse, all the acts are equally as popular to play. Plus in D3 your drops are your own. In D2 public games, whatever dropped was a free for all on who picked it up. Whatever drops on your screen in D3 is only available to you.
+2 CG
Reference URL's