Evil Academy

Full Version: Some of the most violent cities on earth are catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let us do the statistics and please let me know your thoughts.

Mind you , these places are where we keep hearing about sightings of Mary.

Brazil - 64% catholic

3. Maceió, Brazil

Homicides: 1,564
Inhabitants: 1,156,278
Murder rate: 135.26

Mexico - 84% catholic

2. Juárez, Mexico

scazon via flickr Creative Commons
Homicides: 1,974
Inhabitants: 1,335,890
Murder rate: 147.77

4. Acapulco, Mexico

Homicides: 1,029
Inhabitants: 804,412
Murder rate: 127.92

7. Torreón (metropolitan area), Mexico

Homicides: 990
Inhabitants: 1,128,152
Murder rate: 87.75

8. Chihuahua, Mexico

Wikimedia Commons
Homicides: 690
Inhabitants: 831,693
Murder rate: 82.96

9. Durango, Mexico

Ivan Rumata via flickr Creative Commons
Homicides: 474
Inhabitants: 593,389
Murder rate: 79.88

13. Culiacán, Mexico

Homicides: 649
Inhabitants: 871,620
Murder rate: 74.46

15. Mazatlán, Mexico

Homicides: 307
Inhabitants: 445,343
Murder rate: 68.94

Colombia - 90% catholic

11. Cali, Colombia

Homicides: 1,720
Inhabitants: 2,207,994
Murder rate: 77.90

Honduras - 47% catholic

Homicides: 1,143
Inhabitants: 719,447
Murder rate: 158.87

5. Distrito Central, Honduras

Homicides: 1,123
Inhabitants: 1,126,534
Murder rate: 99.69

Venezuela - 92% catholic

Homicides: 3,164
Inhabitants: 3,205,463
Murder rate: 98.71

Guatemala - 60% catholic

12. Guatemala, Guatemala

Homicides: 2,248
Inhabitants: 3,014,060
Murder rate: 74.58

Meanwhile Buddhist and "Hindu" cities are the least violent.
you can't ascribe that to Catholicism.

by your logic you could say some of the most violent people are "latin"

It is somewhat true that Catholic societies are more LAX because they value freedom/autonomy of the individual. they also tend to be less strict about dishing out punishment. I mean fuckk. John Paul 2 lobbied to get the guy who almost killed him out of jail. They became friends. Imagine befriending some guy that shot you twice and almost killed you.
Compare Thailand (Buddhist) with the Philipines (Catholics), they are by and large the same ethnicity (Malay), similar levels of development (at least till recently)

Which would you rather visit with you family? India vs Pakistan (ok not catholic but abrahamic all the same)

Constants and variables my dear friend. Show me ONE successful Catholic society.
France is catholic, so is Italy. not super successful, but they've made some good contributions to culture/fashion/food. also a lot of bad ones too (french revolution)
At the very best Catholicism has failed to do what it set out to achieve in both SE asia and Latin America.

Lets not get into the French and Italians, they are LOLZ.

Also the French have contributed NOTHING to food, just a bunch of half baked overly complicated techniques that the Vietnamese had to fix to make it palatable.
well it fails because people don't follow their precepts and they aren't strict about enforcement.

also the church has been attacked from within for 100s of years.

I do agree we need to move beyond organized religion.. but you can't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

the catholics have experience managing war mongering tribes for 2000 years.. they know a thing or 2 about human nature.
The places listed are impacted heavily by the drug trade and/or civil strife, and massive poverty levels. That is always a recipe for crime.

There are also plenty of Catholic cities and countries with very low crime rates. The corollary is the many high crime jurisdictions on the planet without Catholic populations.

It's not clear that the motivation behind the individuals committing the murders in Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia, for example, is religious. It seems rather that the bulk of the murders are carried out by the non-religious members of crime gangs as opposed to practising Catholics.

A better comparison would be with Catholics and other populations living in the same, or in similar, environments and with similar controls (income, historical, cultural, ethno-racial, etc).
What are your thoughts on why Thailand is safer than the Phillipines and India more so than Pakistan.

Do you think religion has played a part in it?

PS. Buakaw works Pacman bro.
(06-18-2013 12:06 PM)Vutulaki Wrote: [ -> ]What are your thoughts on why Thailand is safer than the Phillipines and India more so than Pakistan.

Maybe.

Hard to comment, as I don't know much about these countries.
yeah can't discount western backed drug peddling.
(06-18-2013 12:12 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]yeah can't discount western backed drug peddling.

Or proxy war support.
(06-18-2013 12:12 PM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013 12:06 PM)Vutulaki Wrote: [ -> ]What are your thoughts on why Thailand is safer than the Phillipines and India more so than Pakistan.

Maybe.

Walk down the street at 3am in bangkok and no one will fuck with you.

Try that shit in Manilla and prepare to see the afterlife.

Seriously we need to fuck religion in its ass and be done with it, its had its chance and FAILED every time in every nation.

I mean for fuck's sake the conquistadors were catholics and they were the most evil humans to ever live. OK thats a bit much but you know what I mean.

I have a point EY and you know I do.

(06-18-2013 12:12 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]yeah can't discount western backed drug peddling.

That has occurred in Thailand and the Flipapines and which country came out on top?
Catholic attendance rates are dwindling.. if anything.. if crime is increasing in these regions it's because they've lost the faith

Quote:The picture in Brazil and Mexico, the world’s two largest Catholic nations, tells a thousand words. According to Brazil’s 2010 census, 65 percent of the population is Catholic, down from over 90 percent in 1970. Similarly, between 2000 and 2010, the percentage of Mexicans that identify as Catholic dropped from 88 to less than 83 -- the largest fall recorded to date. If these trends persist, by 2025 about 50 percent of all Latin Americans will be Catholic, down from approximately 70 percent today. Such a decline would offset any gains the church might make in its new continent of hope, Africa...

this is from the official NWO newspaper FOREIGN AFFAIRS:

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/1...in-america
(06-18-2013 12:28 PM)Vutulaki Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2013 12:12 PM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe.

Walk down the street at 3am in bangkok and no one will fuck with you.

Try that shit in Manilla and prepare to see the afterlife.

Seriously we need to fuck religion in its ass and be done with it, its had its chance and FAILED every time in every nation.

I mean for fuck's sake the conquistadors were catholics and they were the most evil humans to ever live. OK thats a bit much but you know what I mean.

I have a point EY and you know I do.

That has occurred in Thailand and the Flipapines and which country came out on top?

Does religion motivate Western imperialism?

(06-18-2013 12:35 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Catholic attendance rates are dwindling.. if anything.. if crime is increasing in these regions it's because they've lost the faith

Quote:The picture in Brazil and Mexico, the world’s two largest Catholic nations, tells a thousand words. According to Brazil’s 2010 census, 65 percent of the population is Catholic, down from over 90 percent in 1970. Similarly, between 2000 and 2010, the percentage of Mexicans that identify as Catholic dropped from 88 to less than 83 -- the largest fall recorded to date. If these trends persist, by 2025 about 50 percent of all Latin Americans will be Catholic, down from approximately 70 percent today. Such a decline would offset any gains the church might make in its new continent of hope, Africa...

Also, the crime in the inner city U.S. and in Caribbean islands such as Jamaica - is that motivated by religion or secularism?

I'm not clear what in the message of Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular would condone crimes levels of the jurisdictions being discussed.
Does western imperialism promote higher levels of impulsiveness and aggresion we see amongst Malay Filipinos as opposed to their Thai cousins?

Not too sure which dots you are trying to connect here mate?

(06-18-2013 12:35 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Catholic attendance rates are dwindling.. if anything.. if crime is increasing in these regions it's because they've lost the faith

Im pretty sure Brazil was MOER violent in the 70's compared to now if not the same.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's