Evil Academy

Full Version: Edward Snowden: Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-sn...ald-2013-6

Quote:"How many sets of the documents you disclosed did you make, and how many different people have them? If anything happens to you, do they still exist?" a questioner asked Greenwald in a livechat on the website of The Guardian, to whom Snowden has provided some of the documents.

Here is his answer:

"All I can say right now is the US Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."
Many members of Congress have suggested that Snowden is a "traitor" or committed an "act of treason."

In the chat, Snowden also said that he fled to Hong Kong over Iceland — his preferred destination for asylum — because of travel restrictions for NSA employees.

"Leaving the US was an incredible risk, as NSA employees must declare their foreign travel 30 days in advance and are monitored," Snowden wrote.

"There was a distinct possibility I would be interdicted en route, so I had to travel with no advance booking to a country with the cultural and legal framework to allow me to work without being immediately detained. Hong Kong provided that. Iceland could be pushed harder, quicker, before the public could have a chance to make their feelings known, and I would not put that past the current US administration."

Live Chat with Snowden is located here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun...mentpage=1
I hope the Chinese send him a security force. This guy is a treasure to red China.
CHina is definitely against the google surveillance grid.. that's why they booted them.

Google claimed to leave, but they actually got booted.
It is a great Q and A session, people should check it out.
Guardian staff
Spencer Ackerman
17 June 2013 4:16pm
Edward, there is rampant speculation, outpacing facts, that you have or will provide classified US information to the Chinese or other governments in exchange for asylum. Have/will you?

Answer:

This is a predictable smear that I anticipated before going public, as the US media has a knee-jerk "RED CHINA!" reaction to anything involving HK or the PRC, and is intended to distract from the issue of US government misconduct. Ask yourself: if I were a Chinese spy, why wouldn't I have flown directly into Beijing? I could be living in a palace petting a phoenix by now.
AhBrightWings
17 June 2013 2:12pm
My question: given the enormity of what you are facing now in terms of repercussions, can you describe the exact moment when you knew you absolutely were going to do this, no matter the fallout, and what it now feels like to be living in a post-revelation world? Or was it a series of moments that culminated in action? I think it might help other people contemplating becoming whistleblowers if they knew what the ah-ha moment was like. Again, thanks for your courage and heroism.

Answer:

I imagine everyone's experience is different, but for me, there was no single moment. It was seeing a continuing litany of lies from senior officials to Congress - and therefore the American people - and the realization that that Congress, specifically the Gang of Eight, wholly supported the lies that compelled me to act. Seeing someone in the position of James Clapper - the Director of National Intelligence - baldly lying to the public without repercussion is the evidence of a subverted democracy. The consent of the governed is not consent if it is not informed.
(06-18-2013 03:32 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]AhBrightWings
17 June 2013 2:12pm
My question: given the enormity of what you are facing now in terms of repercussions, can you describe the exact moment when you knew you absolutely were going to do this, no matter the fallout, and what it now feels like to be living in a post-revelation world? Or was it a series of moments that culminated in action? I think it might help other people contemplating becoming whistleblowers if they knew what the ah-ha moment was like. Again, thanks for your courage and heroism.

This e-mail is very intimidating.

is this an internal email?
the funny thing is.. this is stuff EVERYONE knew.. he just confirmed it.

I guess this is big because he backed it up with internal documents.
Quote:2) All I can say right now is the US Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.

strong words.

this guy isn't afraid of death.

this guy is quite good with words and psychology.
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

I don't think anyone's truly surprised about what he's coming forward with though, just that he actually had the balls to do it.
"US officials say this [that leaks help the terrorists] every time there's a public discussion that could limit their authority. US officials also provide misleading or directly false assertions about the value of these programs, as they did just recently with the Zazi case, which court documents clearly show was not unveiled by PRISM.

Journalists should ask a specific question: since these programs began operation shortly after September 11th, how many terrorist attacks were prevented SOLELY by information derived from this suspicionless surveillance that could not be gained via any other source? Then ask how many individual communications were ingested to acheive that, and ask yourself if it was worth it. Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it.

Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are."

"Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that you can rely on. Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that NSA can frequently find ways around it."
^^ Powerful.
he's going to be paid in Chinese poon by the hundreds.

I hope he doesn't die soon.
Quote:Shanghai Festival: Oliver Stone Calls Whistleblower Edward Snowden a Hero

Oliver Stone at the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival.
Stone went on to praise WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and Bradley Manning, and condemned President Barack Obama's administration for its prosecution of whistleblowers.

SHANGHAI – Director Oliver Stone brought thunderous applause to a crowd of more than 500 festivalgoers at the 16th Shanghai International Film Festival in China on Monday when he praised whistleblower Edward Snowden as a "hero."

LOL. i was invited to this event yest. MAD HOT GIRLS.
i don't think they will put a hit on him..

too much to lose for the controllers.

It would be such bad PR for the NWO.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's