Evil Academy

Full Version: Korean Baseball Star Catches Heat Following Racist Remarks Towards American Pitcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.busanhaps.com/article/korean-...st-remarks

Korean Baseball Star Catches Heat Following Racist Remarks Towards American Pitcher

Posted on 11. Jun, 2013 by Jeff Liebsch

One of Korea's top baseball players is embroiled in controversy for remarks made Monday about Lotte's African-American ace starting pitcher, Shane Youman. Korean netizens have reacted harshly against Hanwha's star Kim Tae-kyun for what are being called racist comments.

BUSAN, South Korea -- South Korea national baseball team member and Hanwha Eagles first baseman Kim Tae-kyun is facing criticism from fans for making what are being called racist remarks on a radio show Monday about Busan's Lotte Giants' African-American ace, Shane Youman.

During an appearance on Radio Ball, a Naver Internet baseball radio broadcast, the 31-year-old slugger was asked about the difficulties in facing Youman, who is considered the toughest pitcher in the league.

“The Lotte Giants’ Youman is the most difficult player to play against,” Kim replied. “His face is too black, so it is hard to bat because his white teeth and the ball confuses me when he smiles on the mound. So, I suffered a lot."

He then went on to say, “There’s no particularly difficult pitcher, but when I play against Youman, I screw up because of his white teeth.”

Both the Hanwha organization and Kim have separately offered apologies to Youman over the incident, and there’s been no word on whether Kim will face any repercussions from the team or the league over the comments.

Kim's remarks have garnered heated debate on Korean baseball forums with many denouncing the star player.

However, the issue has so far made fewer waves than recent scandals including Nexen’s Kim Min-woo receiving a 30-game suspension and a 10-million-won fine for his involvement in a drunk driving hit-and-run incident, and LG’s relief pitcher Im Chan-gyu, who splashed Jeong In-young, a female announcer for KBS N Sports, with water during a post-game interview last month, both of which received heavy media attention.

“If these words truly came out of Kim's mouth, it's very sad to hear that in 2013," said Dan Kurtz, founder of MyKBO.net, a website dedicated to introducing English-speaking fans to Korean baseball. "Foreigners in the KBO are still not given the same respect as their Korean counterparts.”

Kurtz, who has been covering the league for nearly ten years, is puzzled why there hasn’t been more media coverage of the incident, which was knocked off the front page of the Naver baseball site within a matter of hours. The story was also noticeably absent from the official KBO site.

“Why does a water celebration involving the LG Twins and a female reporter get more attention than remarks like this or even a DUI hit and run involving a Nexen player?” he said.

Foreign Journeyman

Kim Tae-kyun, who himself is no stranger to playing in a foreign country, spent an injury plagued 20-month career in Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball League which ended last year—ironically with the Chiba Lotte Marines, owned by the South Korean-Japanese Lotte conglomerate which also controls the Giants.

Youman's former teammate at Lotte and fellow American Ryan Sadowski, told Haps ​he hopes Kim learns from his mistake.

"Sixty years ago, Korea was a homogeneous society that has advanced faster than any other place in the world in history. It has taken Americans nearly 300 years to reach a level of racial equality. I challenge Kim Tae-kyun to use this as an opportunity to educate the Korea population about racial equality so that Korea can continue to advance as quickly as it has in the past."

Imported non-Korean players have been allowed in the KBO since 1998, with many African Americans, including Tyrone Woods, the league's first foreign MVP, enjoying much success and admiration from fans and players alike.

Jasper Johnson, an African-American player in the Korean pro basketball league said that during his time playing in Korea, racism has never been an issue.

"I have never (had any) experience of any discrimination or negative vibes in Korea. Maybe it's a baseball thing. KBL players are pretty welcoming and are good people," said Johnson, who spent the majority of his three-year Korean basketball career with the KT Sonic Boom.

The response of Lotte fans to Kim's remarks about Youman will be readily gaged this weekend as the Giants play host to Kim and the Eagles in Busan for a three-game series at Sajik stadium.
(06-14-2013 09:43 AM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]"Sixty years ago, Korea was a homogeneous society that has advanced faster than any other place in the world in history. It has taken Americans nearly 300 years to reach a level of racial equality. I challenge Kim Tae-kyun to use this as an opportunity to educate the Korea population about racial equality so that Korea can continue to advance as quickly as it has in the past."

yes, America should send Korea every black and Mexican person, so they can learn hands on!
I know he had racist intentions.. but it seems as if some blacks take offense to people saying they have black skin or high contrast between teeth and skin. Be proud of who you are and what you look like.

What I mean to say is.. I know this guy did not have good intentions, but at the same time when you overreact to this YOU PUT YOURSELF IN A LOWER POSITION.

If you said his "white skin and golden hair" distracted me.. what that be racist? technically it's the same thing.
holy shit what a bunch of sensitive ass bitches.
Would white people be bothered if someone said his WHITE SKIN, BLUE EYES and CURLY BLONDE HAIR distracted me?

But blacks would get angry if someone said his 'black/dark skin' and 'afro-textured hair' distracted me

even if both had bad intentions.. the white person wouldn't care, but the black person would care even though it is true they have darker sin and afro textured hair.

my point is if you get angry at this you are LOOKING DOWN ON YOURSELF. i am all for black empowerment.
That was hilarious, Im pretty sure the black dude would have found that funny.

Talk about a storm in a tea cup.

LOL @ the Korean Netzeins or whatever they are called crying about this, shut you fucking power socket looking flat faces it was a joke!

(06-14-2013 10:13 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Would white people be bothered if someone said his WHITE SKIN, BLUE EYES and CURLY BLONDE HAIR distracted me?

But blacks would get angry if someone said his 'black/dark skin' and 'afro-textured hair' distracted me

even if both had bad intentions.. the white person wouldn't care, but the black person would care even though it is true they have darker sin and afro textured hair.

my point is if you get angry at this you are LOOKING DOWN ON YOURSELF. i am all for black empowerment.

Do white people grow up watching themeselves being portrayed as useless powerless slaves and being harrassed by the cops due to their skin color?

Black guys would probably LOL @ being called a pin dick, how about asian dudes?

Call out a black dude about what his ancestors did to others then call out a white dude and let me know how that goes.

Lets not over simplify things.

There is your answer. I teach my kids that violence is ok if someone calls them out for their skin color and Ill fight for them all the way to the fucking privy council if need be.
(06-14-2013 09:52 AM)Coffee Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2013 09:43 AM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]"Sixty years ago, Korea was a homogeneous society that has advanced faster than any other place in the world in history. It has taken Americans nearly 300 years to reach a level of racial equality. I challenge Kim Tae-kyun to use this as an opportunity to educate the Korea population about racial equality so that Korea can continue to advance as quickly as it has in the past."

yes, America should send Korea every black and Mexican person, so they can learn hands on!

Yeah that comment stood out to me.

Korea "was" a homogenous society?

what does that mean?

It isn't anymore? it won't be soon?

Why? How?

These people are really sick.
If you are going to make a racist joke on a talk show, it should at least be funny.
Quote:Do white people grow up watching themeselves being portrayed as useless powerless slaves and being harrassed by the cops due to their skin color?

that's irrelevant. I already said this guy had racist intentions.. however I was commenting on physical descriptions.

It seems that saying someone has 'dark' skin is even bordering on racist these days.

also I don't think asian people really care about getting bashed.. they've been bashed forever and they still don't have a very powerful or vocal "action group"

people need to lighten up. whatever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones.. but words will never...
(06-14-2013 11:36 AM)Shahanshah Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2013 09:52 AM)Coffee Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah that comment stood out to me.

Korea "was" a homogenous society?

what does that mean?

It isn't anymore? it won't be soon?

Why? How?

These people are really sick.

Korea has historically been nearly 100% ethnically homogenous, dating from the unification of the peninsula under Goryeo during the 10th century. That's 1000 years of homogeneity there. Even during the 19th century, the only foreigners around were a small handful of Chinese merchants in the coastal cities, and almost none of these were subjects of the King.

And how did this happen? There were NO genocides, NO ethnic cleansing, NO violence, NO persecution of ethnic minorities, etc. It was a natural historical process that took place organically. What a bunch of sad cretins. What the hell did Korea ever do to anyone else so that they deserve to be multiculturalized?

Koreans never owned black slaves, they never colonized any foreign nation, they never committed any genocides, they never oppressed people of other races, blah blah. Liberals truly have no shame.

Historically Korea has always been the VICTIM of foreign aggression. Korea never even abused its power when it was in a position of military strength, which wasn't uncommon -- when King Sejong conquered Tsushima island to cleanse it of Japanese pirates, he voluntarily RETURNED it to Japan, because retaining it would violate the Confucian code of ethics. Compare that behavior to the Turks or Arabs, two ethnic groups that bitch constantly about "racism" in Europe, and have firmly established themselves as a victim class.

Already these sick sacks of filth are talking about how "migrant workers run the korean economy", and how "korea has already been a racially diverse society". These cultural marxist types are truly without honor.
people also have to be careful about these foreign news stories.. They are often constructed to push a particular perception.

the avg. korean from what I know would laugh at that joke. Like when korean people say stuff like that in a restaurant, they would laugh pretty hard at it. It's wrong, but it is what it is.. it's a homogeneous society.

it does not mean they are racist or even hate blacks.
I am telling you. Cultural marxists are truly asinine.

Finland is another country that is in the same mold as Korea. Historically been a victim of foreign aggression (never an aggressor), ethnically homogenous, no history of racial oppression, etc. (not to mention the high suicide rate, high test scores, strong economy, competent workforce, etc.) They CEDED Finnish territory to Stalin because those Soviet cunts were in danger of wiping out their entire nation.

And yet these same assholes are constantly busy trying to flood Finland with beautiful, "vibrant" cultures like Iraqi Sunnis, Congolese Bantus, and Somalians. I even read someplace that a Finnish MP tried to justify mass immigration by claiming that Finns owe reparations to Africans, because Finnish pine tar was exported to Britain to construct the slave ships. (No, I am not making this up.)

Like I said, no shame; no honor; NO dignity. They will literally make up bullshit out of thin air to justify their insidious agenda.

Anyone mind explaining how ironic it is when Turks move into Austria and start calling themselves racial victims, demanding government handouts, and screaming about white oppression? I mean how insane can you get?
Ey it is correct but you wouldnt get it seeing as youre not a darkie so thats cool mang.

HA wtf are you going on about? wrong thread?

If a Korean dude is racist to you (which this guy WASNT) just say the following, "Ill fucking bend you over and rape you like the Japs raped your whore of a grandmother"

They will literally cry.
(06-14-2013 12:13 PM)Vutulaki Wrote: [ -> ]Ey it is correct but you wouldnt get it seeing as youre not a darkie so thats cool mang.

HA wtf are you going on about? wrong thread?

If a Korean dude is racist to you (which this guy WASNT) just say the following, "Ill fucking bend you over and rape you like the Japs raped your whore of a grandmother"

They will literally cry.

I always joke with the darkies about their skin colour, the only ones who have been offended have been adopted rich kids in Sweden. My African friends just think it's funny.

Went to a halloween party a few years ago where I was the only Swedish guy. First thing a guy says is "And what the fuck are you supposed to be, Swedish?!?" I laughed my ass off.
Reminds me of the toothpaste my grandmother uses... the brand has since been changed to "Darlie", but the logo is the same.
[Image: darkie-toothpaste.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's