Evil Academy

Full Version: Has anybody seen Cloud Atlas (Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugo Weaving)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished watching it. I'm going to watch it again and write about it at some point. Until then, has anybody seen it? It was directed and written for the screen by Tom Tykwer and the Wachowski brothers, the same two guys who brought us the Matrix Trilogy. It takes place between the 1800's and 2300's.

Just like the Matrix Trilogy, the film is full of propaganda. It promotes one world government and eugenics, although I believe parts of Cloud Atlas make the case that eugenics is bad.

As always the homo quotient is met. If you believed Hollywood, you would think that 15-20% of people were gay. Considering Lana Wachowski's decision to cut off his penis, it is not surprising that the movie includes LGBT promotion.

I believe global warming makes a brief, subtle appearance in reference to "Old Seoul" being primarily flooded. Neo Seoul is where part of the film takes place.

Old Seoul

[Image: ku-xlarge.jpg]

Neo Seoul

[Image: cloud-atlas-wallpapers-16_wide-170254027...s6-c30.jpg]
sounds super interesting..

Your pictures aren't working. i'm reading up on this now
all art is propaganda..

everyone should be on the lookout for them.. WHETHER YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE is not the question. perhaps you may agree with the NWO on some issues.
there are parts of Korea that look like that picture right now

I've been here. shit exists. It looks great. this is PUSAN

[Image: 4.jpg]
”Our lives are not our own. From Womb to Tomb we are bound to others. Every crime and kindness births our future”

This is the main theme of the film, with parts of this being repeated throughout.
Interesting quote. did you catch any symbolism?
Quote:Neo Seoul, (Korea), 2144
Sonmi-451, a genetically-engineered fabricant (clone) server at a restaurant, is interviewed before her execution. She recounts how she was released from her compliant life of servitude by Commander Hae-Joo Chang, a member of a rebel movement known as "Union". While in hiding, she watches a film based on Cavendish's adventure. The Union rebels reveal to her that fabricants like her are killed and "recycled" into food for future fabricants. She decides that the system of society based on slavery and exploitation of fabricants is intolerable, and is brought to Hawaii to make a public broadcast of her story and manifesto. Hae-Joo is killed in a firefight and Sonmi is captured. After telling her story and its intent, she is executed.

seems like anti-asian propaganda.
Wasn't really looking for it, I'm sure its there though. It's a hard movie to keep track of on the first viewing. Each actor plays multiple reincarnated characters interacting with one another over 5 or 6 different generations throughout 500 years. Tom Hanks gets a little too carried away with the various accents at times.

There are also multiple survival of the fittest references in it. "The weak are meat and the strong do eat."
I'm reading on conspiracy sites that this film is anti-NWO.

I'm guessing it's more predictive programming.. but I'll have to watch it to make a real judgement
characters appear and reappear as different races. Black face antics for the 21st century

[Image: grant_wb_cloudatlasjames_300.jpg]

[Image: grant_wb_cloudatlashugh_300.jpg]
[Image: grant_wb_cloudatlasdoona_300.jpg]

the message is clear.. race is a social construct.
(06-08-2013 05:47 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Neo Seoul, (Korea), 2144
Sonmi-451, a genetically-engineered fabricant (clone) server at a restaurant, is interviewed before her execution. She recounts how she was released from her compliant life of servitude by Commander Hae-Joo Chang, a member of a rebel movement known as "Union". While in hiding, she watches a film based on Cavendish's adventure. The Union rebels reveal to her that fabricants like her are killed and "recycled" into food for future fabricants. She decides that the system of society based on slavery and exploitation of fabricants is intolerable, and is brought to Hawaii to make a public broadcast of her story and manifesto. Hae-Joo is killed in a firefight and Sonmi is captured. After telling her story and its intent, she is executed.

seems like anti-asian propaganda.

I don't think it is anti Asian, if anything, I would consider it pro Asian because I believe the world government headquarters are located in Asia. I think it is pro one world government propaganda with a slight pro Asian incline.

I forgot to mention the two soylent green references in the film.

Halle Berry and Donna Bae look really bad as other races haha.
Reference URL's