Evil Academy

Full Version: Iron Mike Zambidis Just Be Small!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: Mike+Zambidis+-+Flying+Knee+2.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGPp59hAmTfa1b-CRlD39...esXE7Uc_mY]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW8KJe2rg-yb_Cfym4xAk...K_szLGj2F7]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0y5hJA2ruLfTQOXOe32w...vNIFUc9vRg]

A real banger that Zambidis!

Prime Zambidis was an incredible fighter.

He had some epic wars with John Wayne Parr.

And the Gurkan Ozkan story is inspirational. Ozkan defeated and humiliated an ageing Stan Longinidis at Heavyweight, Stan was Zambidis trainer and hero. The 155lb Zambidies challenged Ozkan to an 'open weight' match so he could avenge Stan's loss.

that KO of Gurkan was AMAZING

and look at the size diff!1

(09-27-2019 09:10 AM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]that KO of Gurkan was AMAZING

and look at the size diff!1

Yeah, Ozkan wasn't a true HW, he was a Super MW and Light HW, but he bulked up and fought Stan at HW and beat him. I think when he fought Mike he was around 185-190 and Mike was maybe 165-170.

Ozkan's star was rising, especially after he beat Stan, but Zambidis seemed to send him on a downward spiral, and today he is a meth head and small time gangster type.

Zambidis is one of my favorite kickboxers, he lived in Australia for a long time but he doesn't speak English and is very much a Greek.
yeah he got his ass kicked sometimes in K1 MAX but he was never truly embarrassed

definitely one of the legends of K1 MAX i would say.

He was also the first IIRC to stop KID
UFC veteran Pete Spratt pays dearly for knocking Zambidis down early in the fight.

^ very impressive

I never knew ZAM could beat people so much bigger

I basically only saw him in MAX
(09-27-2019 08:33 PM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]^ very impressive

I never knew ZAM could beat people so much bigger

I basically only saw him in MAX

In the late 90s and early 2000s the Australian kickboxing scene was very strong, and guys like Zambidis came here and quickly rose to the top of the local talent pool. The promoter was a Turkish guy name Tarak Solack and he held many tournaments that were open weight, and there were many single matches that were catch weight or open weight. This was partially due to the limited number of fighters available. So Zambidis had his share of fighting bigger opponents.

splendid commentary Professor Redneck thanks for the the brilliant contribution!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's