Evil Academy

Full Version: Toxic Boomer Culture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Barbara Streisand, Wayne Newton, Neil Diamond, etc.

Why were all these no talent, tacky people so popular **among boomers**? I don't understand it.

[**edit**]
@2:25 they sound like drowning cats...
When you lose sight of your values, this is what happens.

A lot of the time, I wonder "Well, what is the worst that could happen, due to a bad idea(s)/bad values/bad ideology?"

And then I snap out of it and say "Oh yeah" and just go read the latest news headlines.
Joni Mitchell on the "Failure of the Baby Boomers"

Interestingly, of the five you mention only Springsteen is a boomer.
(04-28-2019 02:29 PM)Skookum Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Interestingly, of the five you mention only Springsteen is a boomer.

I'm mostly interest in the generation fans whom they brainwashed into lowering the bar.
(04-28-2019 08:29 AM)jho Wrote: [ -> ]Joni Mitchell on the "Failure of the Baby Boomers"

Great songwriter, but Joni was also not a boomer.
jho, perhaps it is just old people in general that you dislike. I quite liked the older folks when I was young, but I must admit I have very little use for young people today. Can't stand being in their company, even briefly.
I respect Paul Simon and Joni Mitchell, and a lot of old musicians and bands. Most admittedly are dead now.
I'm talking about boomer culture that's toxic, the stuff that the boomers love. My favorite grunge era musical artista were mostly boomers, bu they were the exception to the rule and honorary GenXers.
(04-28-2019 05:17 PM)jho Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about boomer culture that's toxic, the stuff that the boomers love. My favorite grunge era musical artista were mostly boomers, bu they were the exception to the rule and honorary GenXers.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what boomer culture is. As far as pop music goes, I haven't hear much of anything post '75 or so that is worth listening to. Granted I stomped out radio and tv then and began exploring older music, and music from outside of my own culture so I likely missed something Smile
Dylan was only the best and most famous of a certain type of Jewish American folk / protest singer songwriter that came out of the fifties and early sixties coffee house scene.

Phil Ochs was another that wasn't bad:

dylan is actually a genius troll.
Corporate America was in on the troll though. We probably wouldn't know he existed if they didn't prop him up.
(04-28-2019 07:31 PM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]Corporate America was in on the troll though. We probably wouldn't know he existed if they didn't prop him up.

Everything about our culture is prefabricated now though, things were just newer and less obvious then. If you only stood back and looked around for a minute back then you could see the majority of the leaders of the so called counter culture were Jewish campus radicals who were older people in their thirties that dated back to the beat generation. I actually had a next door neighbor in the nineties who was a leading figure in the local counter culture who was from this background. He actually organized the first Easter Be In in Stanley Park here in Vancouver back in 1967. He had been an award winning poet in the sixties but gave up writing for thirty years to devote himself to 'the struggle.'

The major difference then from today was that they were pro Soviet and anti American with the situation being reversed today. It was what E Michael Jones has called the Jewish revolutionary spirit that was being spread out among the baby boom goyim of course, and it hasn't ceased since.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's