Evil Academy

Full Version: I thought I could post THIS here without being BANNED ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought I would first test the waters here since it is a more intellectual environment of studios discussion without judgment or emotional influenced insults:

[Image: fc65c6a3d97221f257e41981bb6b51df.jpg]
a simple gun safety licence may not be bad

the problem I have with gun control is that they are targeting LEGAL GUNS with the most vigor

get rid of the ILLEGAL GUNS then talk about restricting the LEGAL GUNS

until then, do not talk about banning legal guns

if the thugs have em, you need em too
what happens if a "thug" is caught driving without a license?

and would it be unreasonable to require potential gun owners to pass written and physical capability tests the same as required for operating an automobile?
a simple 2-3 hour gun safety course could be good

a physical/mental health check would be too intrusive imo, too much wiggle room to deny

but the goal is NOT GUN CONTROL

the goal is a national MENTAL HEALTH database and monitoring system implemented under the PRETEXT of gun safety
(03-23-2019 04:42 AM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]a simple 2-3 hour gun safety course could be good

a physical/mental health check would be too intrusive imo, too much wiggle room to deny

but the goal is NOT GUN CONTROL

the goal is a national MENTAL HEALTH database and monitoring system implemented under the PRETEXT of gun safety

"a physical/mental health check would be too intrusive imo, too much wiggle room to deny"------

I remain a top the fence on this matter. I can see how it could easily be manipulated into a control mechanism.....

and "villainizing" mental illness is not going to inspire a morally nourishing social progress
What happens if you make all guns illegal, except for the police and military?

And then you only pay the police/military 60k a year, but their weapon is worth 18k on the black market?

Hmmm... I can't figure it out.
(03-23-2019 05:14 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you make all guns illegal, except for the police and military?

And then you only pay the police/military 60k a year, but their weapon is worth 18k on the black market?

Great post.
If I ran for president, my campaign slogan would be a 3D-printed gun in every pot.
If I were president there wouldn't be any big government programs. I would return all of the stolen federal tax dollars (except for funds required for National Defense and border security) back to the states, to with with as they see fit. Hopefully they spend it well, because the people will grade them on the job they do at the polls.

Next thing would be to shorten patent & copyright durations, and subsidize R&D for cottage manufacturing technology.

I would peg corporate tax rates at about 30%, and reduce all individual income tax rates and capital gains to zero.
(03-23-2019 05:14 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you make all guns illegal, except for the police and military?

quite easy to figure out. I imagine the police enjoy their BIG GOV benefits package and would not like to lose it

and that the harsh military discipline would keep the clones in line

so all in all there would be very little concern about "Black Market" temptation

18k is not worth one year salary and loss of BIG GOV benefits or incurring HARSH military discipline and I imagine thievery would carry a severe punishment
(03-23-2019 06:53 AM)jho Wrote: [ -> ]If I ran for president, my campaign slogan would be a 3D-printed gun in every pot.

so I am guessing you will not be a contender for POTUS anytime soon?
is USA Gun Control now a matter of "object in motion" that is no longer a matter of "IF" but a matter of "WHEN"?
just checked this:

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/gun-safety/

some highlights:

"thus we need to have common-sense gun safety measures.........subject to licensing and education requirements that will encourage the public safety

Current gun laws have been pushed in a dangerous direction by lobbying groups only looking out for the profits of gun manufacturers

Create a common sense licensing policy, requiring investment and safety precautions
Prevent dangerous individuals from owning guns

Promote a stringent, tiered licensing system for gun ownership (think a CDL vs. a regular driver’s license):

Pass a federal background check, eliminating the gun show loophole.

Tier 1 – Basic hunting rifles and handguns
pass a basic hunting/firearm safety class
Provide a receipt for an appropriately-sized gun locker, or trigger lock per registered gun.

tier 2 – Semi-automatic rifles
Have a Tier 1 license for at least 1 year
Be at least 21 years of age
Pass an advanced firearm safety class.

Tier 3 – Advanced and automatic weaponry
Maintain current restrictions and definitions (National Firearms Act of 1934)
Ban high-capacity magazines
Require submission of fingerprints and DNA to the FBI
Submit to a gun locker inspection to ensure it can house the weapons
Undergo yearly refresher trainings on the use of these firearms.

Anyone with a history of violence, domestic abuse, or violent mental illness would be restricted from receiving a license.

Implement a federal buyback program for anyone who wants to voluntarily give up their firearm.
(03-23-2019 07:16 AM)karasu Wrote: [ -> ]is USA Gun Control now a matter of "object in motion" that is no longer a matter of "IF" but a matter of "WHEN"?
Objects in motion is what war brides like you spread your cheeks for.
(03-23-2019 07:16 AM)karasu Wrote: [ -> ]is USA Gun Control now a matter of "object in motion" that is no longer a matter of "IF" but a matter of "WHEN"?

How do you propose they do this, Karasu?

Pass legislation, and watch as the guns magically turn themselves in?

Or are you going to go around collecting guns from gun owners, in return for a bounty? Because I will tell you right now, the object in motion will be a few grams of hot lead, travelling 3000 ft/sec in your direction.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's