Evil Academy

Full Version: "morality is cowardice" - Nietsche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how true is this statement?

the more i study the asian culture. the more i realize it's a society of cowardice.

same with the western culture today to a lesser degree.
The problem isn't cowardice, it is Communism. Although I suppose one could make the argument that the cowardice to stop Communism is the problem.
When your society is going in the wrong direction, moral conformity is definitely cowardice.

Morality itself is not cowardice. Lack of moral courage is.
On an individual level

Cowardice to assert yourself. Cowardice to shame culture. Psychologically caged by the opinions and perceptions of all those around you. Family neighbors etc
CHINA IS RISING
the bravest thing you can do in 2018 is to speak your mind

morality is bravery.. doing the right thing.

cowardice is when you don't act cuz you don't have the balls or you are afraid of losing something when u know shit ain't right
(12-16-2018 08:27 AM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]the bravest thing you can do in 2018 is to speak your mind

morality is bravery.. doing the right thing.

cowardice is when you don't act cuz you don't have the balls or you are afraid of losing something when u know shit ain't right

I can observe in the news about the violence of Isis and can see the the world is full of such violence and injustice but I'm not a Rambo or a scary man with a special set of skills except for making mischief on message boards so I might be guilty of being a BIG CHICKEN Tongue

of course I can also observe poor migrant families escaping hardships and domestic homeless in need of help from those more fortunate yet I do not open my door to them and offer a warm place to sleep and food to eat and so I how can I claim to be man of great compassionate morality?
Karasu do you even lift?
(12-17-2018 05:41 AM)kungfool Wrote: [ -> ]Karasu do you even lift?

A quote from Chapter 4 of The Living Sword. It should give some insight into the origin of Nadi's style. Enjoy!

"...It was here, in this very period, that a new outlook began to form in my mind insofar as fencing and training were concerned. To begin with, I refused to work every day. With my weight constantly under 130 pounds, I simply had not enough physical power to do so, while Nedo, about one inch shorter than I, was heavier and far better and more harmoniously built. I reminded myself of a breadstick, but I instinctively knew that my long and thin muscles were as wiry as steel and that I could always depend upon them – provided I did not abuse them. I felt now sufficiently mature to assume responsibility towards my own future, and my rebellious decision to work less and only when I felt so disposed proved to be the first step in the right direction.

I started revising the system which had actually created me, discarding all that I thought superfluous. To the ultimate end of a fully dramatic interpretation of both my character and nervous assets, I felt that I had to produce a highly personal style.........As for my offensive movements, my limited physical resistance compelled me to use sparingly even the all-out simple attack. However, its use being commanded by the inescapable theory of variation, such forced restriction actually brought to me the revelation of its tremendous efficiency.

My style was anything but fixed. Above all, I tried to rely to the maximum upon exploitation of all my opponents’ mistakes – a fundamental line of thought never abandoned since. Indirectly this led me to evolve a continuously changing pattern of combat, the various forms and expressions of which appeared to my adversaries as so many different methods. For this reason, I was told – later – that I was rather difficult to read, and more difficult still to be fully understood. I seldom gave the slightest clue to what I was after..."-------

https://www.fencing.net/forums/threads/a...yle.10691/
People definitely need to do what works for them.

Some people are explosive but tire easily. Others are not explosive, but have good endurance (I fall into this category). Those are just two examples.

I imagine there is a full spectrum, that actually exists (as opposed to, you know, the gender spectrum).

People should work on their weaknesses, but at the same time, there may be physical (or underlying) reasons for those weaknesses.
For all intents and purposes, Nietsche died in an insane asylum, he had quite literally lost his mind.
Raised in a strict, abusive and forced religious home.
He rebelled and gained societal strength by doing so.
A house divided against itself cannot stand, whether a house of congress, a household, or a house of the mind.

Anything of note I ever hear from that man, well, frankly, I ponder it briefly, right before reminding myself how that tortured soul lived the last 12 years of his life.
A mind divided, driven to insanity.
(12-19-2018 07:03 PM)sparkuri Wrote: [ -> ]For all intents and purposes, Nietsche died in an insane asylum, he had quite literally lost his mind.
A house divided against itself cannot stand, whether a house of congress, a household, or a house of the mind.

Anything of note I ever hear from that man, well, frankly, I ponder it briefly, right before reminding myself how that tortured soul lived the last 12 years of his life.

just because he went crazy at an old age does not mean he wasn't right at a young age.
(12-19-2018 10:48 PM)DonJohnson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2018 07:03 PM)sparkuri Wrote: [ -> ]For all intents and purposes, Nietsche died in an insane asylum, he had quite literally lost his mind.

just because he went crazy at an old age does not mean he wasn't right at a young age.

I am pretty sure that is exactly what it means.

If thinking a certain way LITERALLY makes you crazy, then it is obviously not healthy.

But it could be that it wasn't necessarily his mind, that was ill. It could have been his soul (or technically his body, too).

Seems like he pioneered a style of thinking that was healthy for your mind, but poison for your soul.

He contracted Syphilis from a brothel in college. That's what caused his mind to degenerate in his 40's. I won't argue that he was picture perfect mental health either. He life was filled with shortcomings and he was truly isolated. Despite the mad writings, alter ego and delusions of grandeur he'd experience in the late night, during the day hours, he was known to be very cordial, humble, and interested in the lives of the towns-folks he'd converse with.
Almost sounds like he was possessed... Something only took hold of him late in the day/night time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's