Evil Academy

Full Version: Head-Scratcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DESPITE HIS EXOTIC LOOKS, Momoa spent his childhood in Norwalk, Iowa, a town of about 9,000 outside of Des Moines. He was born in Honolulu, son of a Hawaiian father and Midwestern mother. But his parents split when Momoa was young, and his mom took him back to her hometown. “I grew up where everyone was a wrestler or football player, and I was the skateboarder, an outcast,” Momoa says. ------

https://www.mensjournal.com/features/jas...-dec-2018/

that must have been a real head-scratcher for the school athletic department coaches
He’s been on a beer run, he explains. On Momoa’s list of shoot requests, he’d put Guinness at the top, and we’d come with ample supply. Still, he says, “I wanted to make sure you got the right stuff.” He puts two more six-packs of Irish water, plus a sixer of Elysian Space Dust IPA, on ice.....

Momoa pops open a Guinness and takes a long swallow. “You know, I met my wife over a pint of Guinness,” he says. “I knew it was love when she ordered it first.”------article

so he follows the "eat and drink what you like active lifestyle habit" masculine dietary system?
"......four sharpened tomahawks. He designed them himself, working with a local outfit to source the wood and forge the steel.

Momoa is explaining the allure of throwing an ax, the sense of satisfaction and catharsis he gets from the thunk of a blade sinking into a wall, the testosterone boost he believes it delivers.

“The trick,” Momoa says, “is to throw straight, release early, and don’t bend your wrist. People always bend their wrists, like they’re throwing a football spiral or a baseball.”-------article

drink some beers and throw some tomahawks seems like a fun fitness methodBig Grin
That does sound fun
I am also a firm believer in EITHER diet OR exercise. Why exercise if you are then also going to punish yourself in terms of what you allow yourself to eat or drink? The misery you will experience will not counteract the gains you will make, and it won't be sustainable.

But if you exercise and eat what you want, at least that is sustainable. You are not going to yoyo in weight like a woman or go on fad diets or get cravings.
I've slowly but steadily been losing weight just by eating more fruit. Fruit is packed with fiber and fiber removes fat and estrogen from the body while also making you feel more full. Most fruit is cheaper than most of the other food I buy so I'm even saving money by doing this.
(11-19-2018 10:11 AM)Count Iblis Wrote: [ -> ]I've slowly but steadily been losing weight just by eating more fruit. Fruit is packed with fiber and fiber removes fat and estrogen from the body while also making you feel more full. Most fruit is cheaper than most of the other food I buy so I'm even saving money by doing this.

"Most fruit is cheaper than most of the other food I buy so I'm even saving money by doing this.------

BIG WIN Big Grin
(11-19-2018 05:30 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote: [ -> ]I am also a firm believer in EITHER diet OR exercise. Why exercise if you are then also going to punish yourself in terms of what you allow yourself to eat or drink? The misery you will experience will not counteract the gains you will make, and it won't be sustainable.

But if you exercise and eat what you want, at least that is sustainable. You are not going to yoyo in weight like a woman or go on fad diets or get cravings.

that is a sensible thinking. I wish add to what is said in that post to practice a reasonable habit of moderation to eating what you like. Develop a strong intuition of knowing the point of satisfaction and a discipline to stop when that point is achieved.
LOL

"Jason Momoa Has Been Eating Bread And Butter Every Day Since He Quit His Aquaman Diet
"Every day is a cheat day!"

I had to not really eat as much to stay lean. I'm Hawaiian—if we eat, we just get big. So, genetically, it's hard for me to get trim," he told E! of getting into Aquaman-level shape. "You deplete yourself of carbs, so I had a harder time getting lean. I'd rather just get big."

So "get big" he is: "I haven't touched a weight in nine months. I'm just eating bread and butter! Every day is a cheat day!

Lest you worry he's neglected blowing off ab workouts too, don't: He's always hated doing abs, he said, because he can't drink beer. And he wants to drink beer! So now he's drinking beer.------

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment...diet-done/
Reference URL's