Evil Academy

Full Version: Enter the Dragon remake? How bad will this be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lot of talk on the rumor mill of a remake of Enter The Dragon. Deadpool's director- David Leitch to helm.
[Image: david-leitch-enter-the-dragon.jpg]

I am not sure how they will do this correctly. The movie is very dated, unless they make it a period piece and have it take place in the 1970's. In addition, the problem of casting some one as Bruce Lee.
they have to set it back in time, because nowadays it's not believable for one man to have his own personal island with its own laws and a harem of women

I think they will fuck it up as western directors still don't understand action and balletic movement

bruce lee moved in a very special way. I am still trying to wrap my head around this because it could be the most UNDUPLICATABLE THING 2nd only to the MOON LANDING

how can there be billions of more people since the 1970's and not ONE PERSON can move like Bruce lee?
No one can replicate his movement or screen presence. Bruce had a certain Fire on camera that Cannot be recreated .
complete confidence both internally and externally

it will never be duplicated

esp. during that time when anti-asian discrimination was DE RIGEUR
they need to pick an actor from Asia to play the role

no asian american imo can play bruce lee

asian americans in their efforts to "assimilate" lose their asian edge in a lot of ways

of course TREVOR RICE will play HAN
Dream role !! Welcome to Han’s Island
(10-09-2018 11:19 AM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]how can there be billions of more people since the 1970's and not ONE PERSON can move like Bruce lee?
People don't eat hash like they used to.
https://wtkr.com/2018/07/07/new-bruce-le...-fu-jesus/
Quote:The star of the classic film, “Enter the Dragon,” was already known for his fanatical fitness regimen. He didn’t smoke or drink; he gobbled vitamin supplements and drank raw blended hamburger meat. He’d transformed himself into a lithe fighter who could do two-finger push-ups and send burly men flying with his famed one-inch punch.

But Lee ended the training session at his home on this particular day with a different type of flourish. He lit a joint and started puffing away. It came from a box of marijuana cigarettes he kept in his garage. Lee would later move on to hashish, carrying it around in little bags and nibbling on it like edibles.

“It raises the consciousness level,” Lee explained when another martial artist asked him why he got high.

That’s not the type of story one typically hears about Lee. Since he died at age 32, his legend has grown to such mythological levels that one martial artist calls him “kung fu Jesus.” A new biography, though, debunks some of the most popular myths about the man.

“Bruce Lee: A Life” by Matthew Polly is the first in-depth account of Lee’s journey from a street-brawling teenager to a global icon. The book, which comes on the 45th anniversary of Lee’s death, features interviews from everyone from his childhood classmates to friends who saw him smoke up to the woman who last saw him alive. Lee’s charisma, ambition and relentless appetite for combat leap off the pages. You can practically hear his catlike shrieks in some of the most vivid sections.
interesting. Bruce Lee definitely destroys the idea that WEED causes lethargy and spiritual weakness

i think it depends on what you use and your purpose for using it

and BL was so intense he probably needed some relaxing herbs to wind down
Enter The Dragon has been remade numerous times in various forms. Bloodsport, The Quest, and all of the other tournament style MA movies, all borrowed heavily from ETD.

These days they will use CGI and other special effects to make the fighters look like supermen.

They could find any number of athletic and muscular Asian actors to play the role, he doesn't have to be able to move like Bruce.

To the younger viewer I'm sure that Bruce Lee doesn't look that impressive on film after seeing the more modern MA and Superhero movies.

The film will suck though, they'll probably have a female fighter who plays a prominent role, as well as a gay fighter, and possibly a transgender one.
It's gonna be played by a black woman. C'mon guys.
(10-09-2018 05:52 PM)Dale Gribble Wrote: [ -> ]It's gonna be played by a black woman. C'mon guys.

This would not surprise me at all.
(10-09-2018 05:40 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Enter The Dragon has been remade numerous times in various forms. Bloodsport, The Quest, and all of the other tournament style MA movies, all borrowed heavily from ETD.

These days they will use CGI and other special effects to make the fighters look like supermen.

They could find any number of athletic and muscular Asian actors to play the role, he doesn't have to be able to move like Bruce.

To the younger viewer I'm sure that Bruce Lee doesn't look that impressive on film after seeing the more modern MA and Superhero movies.

The film will suck though, they'll probably have a female fighter who plays a prominent role, as well as a gay fighter, and possibly a transgender one.

maybe not because they didn't have crazy special FX back then

but just pure movement alone, I think anyone can tell he was on another level

a mix of ECONOMY OF MOTION with the GRACE OF NATURAL ANIMALISTIC MOVEMENT

deadly BALLET
I wonder if being a hapo I glorified Bruce too much as a kid?
bruce lee was 25% german

so he is kind of a hapa

but he looks 100% Asian for sure
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's