Evil Academy

Full Version: Russia and China want to create a Desirable World Order.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russia, China embrace uneasily, aim for 'desirable world order'

Moscow-Beijing relations are "showing dynamic growth," according to Chinese leader Xi Jinping. He also described Vladimir Putin as a "close friend."

by Elena Holodny / Sep.20.2018 / 6:39 PM GMT+10

[Image: 180917-putin-xi-panckes-mc-1404_a1e7f4cb...-2000w.JPG]

VLADIVOSTOK, Russia — Donning a blue apron, Russian President Vladimir Putin poured batter into a pan and tossed it.

He was cooking with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, and the pair were making a traditional Russian pancake called a blini.

The culinary showmanship reflected a larger trend: Russia and China are developing a closer, albeit uneasy friendship.

Before last week's blini-making, the two leaders had just discussed military and economic cooperation on the sidelines of the Eastern Economic Forum, an annual event held in this far-eastern Russian city.

"The president and I agree that since the beginning of this year, Russian-Chinese relations have been showing dynamic growth," Xi said. He announced that ties with his "close friend" Putin had "entered a new era of rapid development and are reaching a higher level."

It was the third Xi-Putin meeting in four months, and the first time the Chinese president had attended the event in Vladivostok, which started in 2015 and encourages foreign investment.

Image: Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, and Chinese President Xi Jinping Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, and Chinese President Xi Jinping attend the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, on Sept. 12Valery Sharifulin / AP
The growing rapport between the two countries has accelerated under President Donald Trump, whose policies have put greater pressure on both countries, according to Alexander Gabuev, a senior fellow at the Carnegie Moscow Center.

Ties between the countries have been strengthening for a while, but the "Trump administration and domestic political fight in the U.S. just brings confrontation to a new level, and increased Sino-Russian cooperation is [the] result,” he said.

Russia and China’s increased cooperation is “driven by U.S. pressure against both of them at the same time,” Gabuev said.

China hits back at Trump, adds tariffs to $60B of U.S.-made products
SEP.19.201801:38
The latest evidence of this pressure came on Monday when the Trump administration announced a new round of tariffs on China, slapping a 10 percent tax on a $200 billion list of Chinese imports ranging from consumer goods to manufacturing materials. The move marked an escalation in ongoing Beijing-Washington. trade tensions that began over the summer when the administration imposed a 25 percent tariff on steel and aluminum from China, the world's second-largest economy.

In Russia, sanctions are continuing to bite after they were imposed by Trump's predecessor, President Barack Obama, over Moscow's invasion of Ukraine, and under the current administration over meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and for using a chemical weapon against an ex-spy in Britain.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russi...d_ms_fb_ma
Quote:Ties between the countries have been strengthening for a while, but the "Trump administration and domestic political fight in the U.S. just brings confrontation to a new level, and increased Sino-Russian cooperation is [the] result,” he said.

Russia and China’s increased cooperation is “driven by U.S. pressure against both of them at the same time,” Gabuev said.

insane news media is saying different things at the same time

first they say Trump is a russian stooge, next they say his anti-russian/chinese policies have driven Russia and China towards closer cooperation

make up your minds idiots
(09-20-2018 09:18 PM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ties between the countries have been strengthening for a while, but the "Trump administration and domestic political fight in the U.S. just brings confrontation to a new level, and increased Sino-Russian cooperation is [the] result,” he said.

insane news media is saying different things at the same time

first they say Trump is a russian stooge, next they say his anti-russian/chinese policies have driven Russia and China towards closer cooperation

make up your minds idiots

Bingo
Trump is definitely anti-Russia.. it's so easy to see. He escalated the freezing of Russian assets and is against Russian objectives in Syria

the whole cambridge analytica nonsense is just a dog and pony show used to justify regulating social media and online speech
I do not believe President Trump to be anti-Russia nor do I think he needs to be anti-Russia. World would be a lot better if the people endeavored to make good friendships instead of WAR.

Now days we have paint-ball, video games, there are all kinds of peaceful ways we can enjoy channeling our aggression without really causing anyone harm. Of course this only works if EVERYONE makes some effort.
Agreed, Karasu. I don't think Trump is anti-Russia either. I think he sincerely would like to improve relations.
My beef with China is strictly regarding Communism. I get that they aren't actually Communist in the economic sense (as much) any more and that they have to keep up the facade or 'lose face' after 6+ decades of telling the peasants that Communism is what helped China rise up (as opposed to America shipping over all its factories, for profit). But the charade has to end at some point, doesn't it?

If they think being a one party state is what works for unified China, so be it. But don't call yourself Communist or spread Communism, and then I would feel like I could trust the Chinese government (to some extent).

And obviously it means ending censorship. Instead of China ending its censorship, we are being subject to the same methods and tools of censorship (because it was western companies like Google that pioneered that tech FOR the Chinese government).
[Image: Dm2xm2KW0AAxXmV.jpg]

"Bro, is that the new GMO fish you got there?"

"Don't worry, it didn't say anything on the label....."
(09-21-2018 01:21 AM)karasu Wrote: [ -> ]I do not believe President Trump to be anti-Russia nor do I think he needs to be anti-Russia. World would be a lot better if the people endeavored to make good friendships instead of WAR.

Now days we have paint-ball, video games, there are all kinds of peaceful ways we can enjoy channeling our aggression without really causing anyone harm. Of course this only works if EVERYONE makes some effort.

Russia's economy is crippled now due to Obama and now Trump's sanctions

if Trump was pro-Russia he would not be ramping up the sanctions and economic measures
(09-21-2018 05:46 PM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2018 01:21 AM)karasu Wrote: [ -> ]I do not believe President Trump to be anti-Russia nor do I think he needs to be anti-Russia. World would be a lot better if the people endeavored to make good friendships instead of WAR.

Russia's economy is crippled now due to Obama and now Trump's sanctions

if Trump was pro-Russia he would not be ramping up the sanctions and economic measures

do sanctions really impact countries like Russia/China at this point?

Haven't they become prosperous enough on their own now?
China is impacted quite a bit, because their economic rise has been tied so closely to bringing over American factories, then selling everything those factories produce back to America!

Russia, not so much. It is just for appearances. Assets being frozen, that type of thing, is probably have more of an impact, but that is on more of an individual level.
(09-21-2018 05:46 PM)pug-thug Wrote: [ -> ]Russia's economy is crippled now due to Obama and now Trump's sanctions

I would not say that the Russian economy is crippled at all. A lot of production sectors were actually really helped by the sanctions.

Russia's problem is the enormous level of traitors who are within the Russian goverment and financial sector.

A lot of them present themselves as patriots (Rogozin for example) and talk trash about the liberals, then go on and sabotage major projects while wasting enormous sums of the budget.

The reason western (American ones in particular) leaders are not at all scared of Russia's nuclear arsenal is that they can't believe their lackeys will actually shoot back at them. The other reason being that America has always been safe throughout the 2 world wars. They don't have senses to tell them that the level of weaponry and delivery mechanisms is principally different from that of WW2.
I think Trump would like better relations with Russia but the Deep State's resistance to that is just too powerful. He's got to compromise on that just to get anything else done.
If Donald Trump is Putin's puppet, then what does the West think of Xi Jinping? Oh wait, he is considered by Forbes to be the most powerful and influential person on the planet!

Hmmm. And yet he is pursuing closer relations with Putin and Russia?

My bird brain just can't compute all this! Almost like it is smart for world leaders to work with Russia, and Russia itself wants closer/friendly relations with the likes of China and USA?
Reference URL's