Evil Academy

Full Version: What's Going On in Italy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to hear the forum thoughts......
I don't quite understand their system, but from what I can gather they're finding it difficult to form a coalition government. They might have to go back to the polls.
The President, who is elected separately from members of Parliament, veto'd the coalition's choice for Finance Minister, because he is a 'euroskeptic', i.e. would prepare Italy to exit the Eurozone.

Basically, the people of Italy want one thing, and TPTB want another. Seems like they have tried a workaround by giving the Finance Minister pick another position, and putting a different candidate up for Minister of Finance.

Angela Kasner/Schicklgruber/Merkel will not be pleased.

They need this guy back.

[Image: 1493319304982663.png]
A lot of people feel like the economy is on the verge of recession, and yet, you can't criticize immigration policy, let alone illegal immigration, or economic migrants!!
(06-01-2018 09:00 AM)Count Iblis Wrote: [ -> ]I don't quite understand their system, but from what I can gather they're finding it difficult to form a coalition government. They might have to go back to the polls.
Mama Mia???!!!
They were never quite as fash as the Germans in the 30s and 40s but also never quite as cucked as they are in the 2000s.

SS Lazio, a top 3 soccer club in Italy are known for taunting their rivals with anti semitic jokes.

[Image: 1.5685419.1018316866.jpg]

"Images of Anne Frank wearing a Roma jersey were among the anti-Semitic stickers and graffiti left by soccer fans of crosstown rival Lazio, and discovered at the teams' shared stadium in Rome on Monday.
It was the latest in a long line of racist or anti-Semitic incidents involving Lazio supporters.
The northern curva (end) of the Stadio Olimpico where Lazio’s “ultra” fans sit was closed on Sunday for its match with Cagliari due to racist chanting during a match against Sassuolo earlier this month."

Opinion

Lazio's Anne Frank 'Insult' Is Hardly Shocking. Italian Soccer Is Viciously anti-Semitic to Its Core

'Adolf is still with us.' 'We warn the Jews we won’t betray our flag.' This is what it's like to be Jewish and an Italian soccer fan: Decades of abuse, with the complicity of managers and captains alike

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/italian-...-1.5460292
(06-01-2018 05:02 AM)karasu Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to hear the forum thoughts......
The Five Star Movement has been growing for the last ten years under populist comedian Bepe Grillo. He's basically the Italian Ron Paul. Gerald Celente has been talking about him forever. Their party won a majority in parliament about three months ago, and their coalition government was just sworn in on Friday.

https://www.wthr.com/article/populists-t...tic-agenda
Quote:ROME (AP) — Populists took power in Italy for the first time Friday with the swearing-in of a new government fusing in a coalition a political movement that delights in pillorying the establishment and a party whose anti-migrant, euro-skeptic politics have seen it soar in popularity.

At an oath-taking ceremony in the presidential palace atop Quirinal Hill, the new premier, political novice Giuseppe Conte, and his 18 Cabinet ministers pledged their loyalty to the Italian republic and to the nation's post-war constitution in front of President Sergio Mattarella.

Only five days earlier, the leader of the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement, Luigi Di Maio, was inciting followers to press for Mattarella's impeachment. The president had invoked his constitutional powers to reject the populists' initial choice for economy minister because he is an advocate of a backup plan to exit from euro-currency membership.

Mattarella's act scuttled Conte's first try to assemble a coalition uniting the forces of Di Maio's 5-Stars and his populist rival Matteo Salvini, leader of the right-wing League, which is based in the affluent north.

The president approved Conte and a rejiggered Cabinet list Thursday after Paolo Savona was moved from the economy slot to that of the ministry of European affairs. On Friday, a beaming Di Maio stood before Mattarella and recited the loyalty oath — he'll serve as minister of labor and economic development.

The initial failure of Conte to form a government had alarmed financial markets, which feared a quick return to the polls that risked being tantamount to a plebiscite on Italy's keeping the euro currency.

But the markets were reassured by the formation of a new government, which came three months after elections resulted in a political stalemate with no single party or alliance winning control of Parliament.

On Friday, the 5-Stars' clinched their quest for national power, after five years in Parliament as the largest opposition party. Co-founded by comic Beppe Grillo, who rails against an entrenched political "caste," the Movement bills itself as a web-based democratic force, not a traditional political party.

Grillo tweeted euphorically: "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Conte was a professor of law at the University of Florence, who had offered ahead of the March election to serve as a 5-Star minister. He became a compromise choice for premier when rivals Di Maio and Salvini refused to let the other hold the top post.
Reference URL's