Evil Academy

Full Version: Tech Industry in unbearably Leftist {Rant}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I've been getting nonstop targeted advertising for a certain popular certification course for the past month. They've targeted me wisely, I'm right at the point where adding this certification could easily increase my value by $20,000-30,000/yr. It probably won't take me more than 6-months from the time I purchase their $10 course to pass the exam, which costs about $280, and get the certificate. A MUCH better deal than 4 years of college. They WIN. Their data-collection on me and subsequent targeted advertising worked. I'm obviously going to buy the course.

I finally click the preview video, and the guy has a laptop with a big sticker "WOMEN IN TECH", is parroting his Amazon Alexa and has a big Space-X poster on his wall. Okay, not the worst thing in the world, but a nice little reminder.

One of the things I enjoy about tech work is the demographic distribution. I'm usually working with 110-140 IQ Whites, Asians and Indians. Women are a rare exception and diversity hires almost always bomb. A huge number of the White Men in Tech have turned Alt-Right; it's only fitting, mildly introverted, above-average IQ, often socially awkward, White men between 25-40 who spend most of the day on the internet. In fact, based on the leaders I follow on youtube; I'll go out on a limb and bet that the 2nd most common occupation for Alt-Righters (after NEET) is Programmer.

Yet we're all downstream from Silicon Valley, and the Industry as a whole, despite having a 'diversity problem' as they put it, pushes cringey Leftist, Corporate, Futurist culture around the globe. The most sought after, 'top' places to work are filled with Nu-Males and have offices that look like Hipster Cafe's. Wearing shorts and sandals to work is almost mandatory.

[Image: Atlassian-new-office-9.jpg]
wow that looks unbearable.

the world has changed. people who cling to the authenticity are the last samurai of today
it's probably better to do a straight up blue collar job and keep your mind clear from nonsense than to be in this virtue signaling corporate environment 24/7

in order to fit in to this type of culture you have to change your entire being.
^ I'm sure it would be a nice place to work.

There is plenty that is pleasant and desirable about Lefty Hipster sensibilities, but it's a trap.

Ostensibly, it's the Hipsters and Artists today that are chasing Authenticity.
Obscurely, it's the Blue-Collar people that are achieving Authenticity.
The Nu-Male tech culture seems to promote professional men looking, dressing and acting like beta-boys.
They're soft, have underdeveloped muscles, sometimes even bitch-tits, mid-puberty level facial hair, and wear shorts to work.

You know that feeling you Asian guys get when you see Autistic Soyboys?
I'd get the same stabbing feeling in my gut when I used to out to lunch, and see flocks of Blizzard Employees.

It's a primal level of disgust; like they're an embarrassment to my race. I feel a sudden urge to bully them.
artists are in the same trap.. because they can't express themselves beyond the tight rails of virtue signaling

art is about free expression and controversial ideas that challenge you. they only want safe stuff now

the problem with today's society is if you're authentic you'll be ostracized.. even if people secretly agree with you.

this is the new world order folks. everyone signed up for this.
(04-02-2018 03:32 PM)kungfool Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I've been getting nonstop targeted advertising for a certain popular certification course for the past month. They've targeted me wisely, I'm right at the point where adding this certification could easily increase my value by $20,000-30,000/yr. It probably won't take me more than 6-months from the time I purchase their $10 course to pass the exam, which costs about $280, and get the certificate. A MUCH better deal than 4 years of college. They WIN. Their data-collection on me and subsequent targeted advertising worked. I'm obviously going to buy the course.

I finally click the preview video, and the guy has a laptop with a big sticker "WOMEN IN TECH", is parroting his Amazon Alexa and has a big Space-X poster on his wall. Okay, not the worst thing in the world, but a nice little reminder.

One of the things I enjoy about tech work is the demographic distribution. I'm usually working with 110-140 IQ Whites, Asians and Indians. Women are a rare exception and diversity hires almost always bomb. A huge number of the White Men in Tech have turned Alt-Right; it's only fitting, mildly introverted, above-average IQ, often socially awkward, White men between 25-40 who spend most of the day on the internet. In fact, based on the leaders I follow on youtube; I'll go out on a limb and bet that the 2nd most common occupation for Alt-Righters (after NEET) is Programmer.

Yet we're all downstream from Silicon Valley, and the Industry as a whole, despite having a 'diversity problem' as they put it, pushes cringey Leftist, Corporate, Futurist culture around the globe. The most sought after, 'top' places to work are filled with Nu-Males and have offices that look like Hipster Cafe's. Wearing shorts and sandals to work is almost mandatory.

[Image: Atlassian-new-office-9.jpg]

don't have much experience in silicon valley but I am very familiar with the biotech sector in san diego (illumina, genentech, etc.). last I checked, they're mostly no nonsense people with little time for politics. dysfunctional minorities (to the extent that they exist) are shafted into Human Resources where they are annoying but otherwise do little damage.

at my interview for illumina (got an offer years ago, turned down position) they basically had an all day interview session at their campus where they ask you nothing but scientific questions and make you solve puzzles. no bullshit whatsoever.

"what strengths do you think you can contribute to an ethnically diverse work environment?" <--- this is what they ask prospective hires nowadays in corporate america. What kind of bullshit is that?
I think the higher the jobs go up on the IQ scale, the less PC bullshit they can afford.

Realistically, Biotech and other Research level positions requires 10 points higher IQ than Programming, which requires 10 IQ points higher than System Engineer / Network Engineer, which requires 20 points higher than Tech Support on the phone.

I'm happy that I'm in a field that's merit based enough that I'm not gimped by being a Staight-White-Male. At the same time, I see that the closer you get to the cutting-edge jobs, the more you enter into this pseudo Silicon-Valley startup culture.
the thing is with more automation, they can get less qualified people to fulfill their patronizing "diversity obligations"

and they can actually make more money by making it look like it's more diverse.

do people really think these soulless tech companies really care about people and diversity? it's about creating a better image for themselves. virtue signaling.

also I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these "tech bros" are secretly alt right or conservative as engineering mindsets are generally more logical and less emotion based. however they will do nothing about it and will just pretend to be liberals to get ahead in society
link to course KF?
(04-02-2018 03:32 PM)kungfool Wrote: [ -> ]One of the things I enjoy about tech work is the demographic distribution. I'm usually working with 110-140 IQ Whites, Asians and Indians. Women are a rare exception and diversity hires almost always bomb. A huge number of the White Men in Tech have turned Alt-Right; it's only fitting, mildly introverted, above-average IQ, often socially awkward, White men between 25-40 who spend most of the day on the internet. In fact, based on the leaders I follow on youtube; I'll go out on a limb and bet that the 2nd most common occupation for Alt-Righters (after NEET) is Programmer.

On a side note Andy Warski scored 110 on the progressive matrices test. JF somewhat disappointingly scored 128. (59:20)

(04-03-2018 03:36 AM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]link to course KF?

Link

This is for the basic 'Associate' Solutions Architect test. It's cake even for non-tech or management type people. The 'Professional' test is much much harder. Both are in very high demand right now and will be for at least another 4 years. I'm sure you know the story of why there is such a rush to move to cloud right now, and why AWS is the premier platform.

For Devs, they have a DevOps Associate and Professional. It's less of a focus on building Network Infrastructure, Servers and Monitoring, and more focused on Automation and Scaling. DevOps positions run between 115k and 140k right now.

A couple acquaintances of mine have this cert, and are confidently asking for 130k in interviews. Sure, they're 7-12 years into their careers, but trust me, they're no smarter than me or you, nor are they exceptionally ambitious. One of them even constantly comes to me to pick my brain before interviews. I'm only at 2.5 yrs ( I was unemployed and living in moms garage when I started posting here) so I can't expect that much, but in due time I'll be there too.
KF, any need to learn Docker and Kubernetes as well?

Your link doesn't seem to be working.
(04-03-2018 03:54 AM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2018 03:32 PM)kungfool Wrote: [ -> ]One of the things I enjoy about tech work is the demographic distribution. I'm usually working with 110-140 IQ Whites, Asians and Indians. Women are a rare exception and diversity hires almost always bomb. A huge number of the White Men in Tech have turned Alt-Right; it's only fitting, mildly introverted, above-average IQ, often socially awkward, White men between 25-40 who spend most of the day on the internet. In fact, based on the leaders I follow on youtube; I'll go out on a limb and bet that the 2nd most common occupation for Alt-Righters (after NEET) is Programmer.

On a side note Andy Warski scored 110 on the progressive matrices test. JF somewhat disappointingly scored 128. (59:20)

Warski is of middling intelligence and he would be nothing without that sexual creep JFG.

(04-03-2018 03:38 PM)pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ].
KF, any need to learn Docker and Kubernetes as well?

Your link doesn't seem to be working.

Link fixed.

Last year, I spent 4 weeks after work running through a Docker course and it was enough for me to move our company website to it. A couple months later I started interviewing and used the Docker experience as my main selling point. I landed a job at a 2BN/yr Semiconductor company and they offered me close to double what I was making, plus relocation costs... I ended up turning it down for a slightly better offer.

I haven't learned Kubernetes yet, but I talk to friends about it.

TBH, I'm not sure if either are here to stay or if they are more transitional technologies. Docker allows Developers to quickly test and deploy stuff on their personal machines. Docker Swarm was promising, but is still buggy and hasn't gotten picked up. I think things like EC2-Container are probably easier to learn, and might have a longer life-span than Docker. Kubernetes also might also get replaced by Cloud GUI tools that are much easier to use.

I'm not an expert on either, and I have no idea what your career is or goals are, so take this all with a grain of salt. You might know much more than me.

I'd say either are huge resume boosters though. They make the other people in the room look up to you with envy. Know some cutting-edge shit and they end up trying to prove themselves to you rather than vice-versa. Since they both have steep learning curves, pushing yourself to absorb new and original concepts will stretch your brain out. When you're done, you'll have an IQ boost that will last a few months.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's