Evil Academy

Full Version: Chinese Street Surveillance. Real Time Object/Face Recognition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

China is doing some scary stuff with the internet to control citizens. They are aiming for a scoring system that monitors behavior and can be used to deny jobs, loans...Etc depending on your score. I read a good article about it today and saved it on my work computer. I'll share it here tomorrow.

The internet is becoming scary worldwide.
5G hasn't even been rolled out yet

I am very surprised China has decided to go this route.

people in China aren't happy about a lot of this
check out the 2nd half of the video. they are matching random people with their govt ID pictures.

it's pretty high tech
I will be a lone dissenting voice here.

The Chinese people need this more than anyone else. A high IQ, (formerly) creative people who are being hampered by low trust, dishonesty, shady behavior, and pure selfishness. For the time being, they need to be governed with an iron fist if they want to amount to anything in the future. The law doesn't count for shit in China because nobody has the power to enforce any rules... This needs to change ASAP.

Imagine if we had 10 more Japans in East Asia... Instead we get teashop scams, cooking oil recycled from human shit, and counterfeit eggs made from soy protein.

^ true to an extent, HOWEVER China has a very low violent crime rate.

among the lowest in the world over decades.

so I don't think that's a cogent argument. this stuff is good for preventing street theft violent crime. teashop scams, fake products etc can't be detected with these systems
ALL east Asian societies have low violent crime. And low rape. That has nothing to do with society or culture, it's mostly biological.

I'm talking about the basic lack of cooperativity in everyday China. Why can't the Chinese build one single corporation that can compete with Japan or Korea? Is it because they are less intelligent? Hell no. Koreans trust other Koreans, and Japanese trust other Japanese. Why can't the Chinese cooperate? They are constantly afraid of being scammed by other Chinese.

You can build social trust through either of two ways -- you can have a culture that shames people who break the law (Japan), or you can have an authoritarian state that cracks the whip on any shady people.

Singapore had to go the second route, because Chinese are a disobedient, uncooperative people worldwide. They basically have no other choice.

And China has no other choice. Just imagine China with a representative democracy.... LOL they would degenerate into warlord rule within 10 years.
(03-07-2018 04:58 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]so I don't think that's a cogent argument. this stuff is good for preventing street theft violent crime. teashop scams, fake products etc can't be detected with these systems

China has low trust on every single level.

Low trust in business and commerce. (Huawei has trouble competing with Samsung in China. They will never penetrate Europe and America at this rate.)

Low trust in academia. 1.3 billion people, high IQ, and where is your cutting edge scientific research? Chinese academia is full of corruption at every level.

Low trust in everyday life. Creativity is impossible when you have a low trust society... Contrary to popular belief, creativity isn't simply an individual enterprise. It can only flourish when creative types can collaborate together and learn from each other without fear of being ripped off. Artists will not create art if people constantly rip off and take credit for their work. Authors will not write books when the Chinese plagiarize.

And don't blame "government censorship" for China's shitty movies and TV shows... Western censorship used to be much more severe in the 1800s, and look at their art and literature from that time period.

Lastly, while the Chinese government is great at guiding economic policy, and great at building infrastructure, they are total failures at enforcing the rule of law.

hey it sucks that Chinese people are so fucking shady that you have to monitor them with an AI system. But what else can you do?
Quote:Why can't the Chinese build one single corporation that can compete with Japan or Korea?

HUAWEI?

TENCENT?

ALIBABA?

you being serious?

this isn't 2008 bro. China has seriously stepped up their game in the corporate arena.

what they lack is cultural soft power now
Quote:ALL east Asian societies have low violent crime. And low rape. That has nothing to do with society or culture, it's mostly biological.

again not a good argument. Japan during WW2 committedrape on an unimaginable scale all over asia.
A hyper-individualistic mindset permeates all of Chinese culture, and the Chinese need this tendency beaten out of them with brute force.

Like I said before -- you can have this happen either of two ways. Either you are brainwashed from birth through your culture, or like Pavlov's dog, you are psychologically conditioned into it because the police will whoop your ass.

Literally everything the West says about Asian culture is wrong. Chinese aren't uncreative because they are "conformist by nature" (lol what the hell is that). The exact opposite is true; per capita they are the most selfish and individualistic Asians.

They are the exact opposite of the Japanese, who are an extremely conformist people. Scientifically, they are innovating at Western European levels... Every single year they pick up one or two Nobel prizes in science.

Are the Chinese innately uncreative? I never saw anything like that in China. Lacking a cooperative society, they devote their creativity to selfish and destructive ends -- creative scams, creative counterfeit products, creative ways to rip off strangers. It is a total shitshow of a society.

(03-07-2018 05:19 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:ALL east Asian societies have low violent crime. And low rape. That has nothing to do with society or culture, it's mostly biological.

again not a good argument. Japan during WW2 committedrape on an unimaginable scale all over asia.

Wrong. You can't even follow my train of logic. Pay attention here.

Japanese ultra-conformity is a double edged sword. Wherever they work together, they will execute their agenda perfectly and harmoniously as a group, whatever the hell that agenda is. Rebuilding Tokyo after an earthquake, building an undersea tunnel, working on quantum physics research, etc.

So what happens when they have an insane military government in charge? They start raping and plundering throughout Asia, because their superiors brainwashed them into doing it. That was by government order, it's not because they are innately prone to violence.
well you said proclivity to rape was mostly biological. I gave you an example of high tendency to rape among an east asian nation
(03-07-2018 05:18 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Why can't the Chinese build one single corporation that can compete with Japan or Korea?

HUAWEI?

TENCENT?

ALIBABA?

you being serious?

this isn't 2008 bro. China has seriously stepped up their game in the corporate arena.

what they lack is cultural soft power now

That's within China. Doesn't count for shit. Their government creates a very biased playing field for their own companies.

When are they going to expand into other nations?
(03-07-2018 05:30 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]well you said proclivity to rape was mostly biological. I gave you an example of high tendency to rape among an east asian nation

that proves the exact opposite. that they only rape when they are brainwashed and forced into it. Japanese soldiers in the field of battle had no freedom, you could literally force them on suicide missions and tell them to crash their planes into aircraft carriers.

And when their generals told them to march in Nanking and rape, that's exactly what they did.

when you leave them naturally, to their own selves, they have very low rates of rape and violence. this is a fact.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's