Evil Academy

Full Version: Korean dude takes heat for looking SE Asian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
interesting. I once told a korean guy he looked Chinese/Vietnamese and he didn't like it.

(02-13-2018 07:31 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]interesting. I once told a korean guy he looked Chinese/Vietnamese and he didn't like it.

Is that the Asian version of saying all black people look alike.
no it's more like the Japanese and koreans generally look down on the Chinese due to perceived poorer manners, lower economic condition etc.

but over the years I've realized that japanese and chinese do look very similar and most differences are due to mannersisms/makeup/fashion

koreans can look like chinese or japanese, but they tend to have more distinct features compared to chinese/japanese
Was the guy in the helmet Masato?
Back in elementary school in Miryang, we had a kid in school who looked like this. Unusually short with big eyes and very dark skin. we used to call him blacks in Korean ahahaha.

there are blue-eyed people in the mountains, too... apparently a Dutch sailor crash-landed somewhere and impregnated a female hundreds of years ago.
He was a lot darker than this though... Like Filipino dark.

No nappy hair and he resembled both his parents, so I don't think this was GI rape baby.

..that was hilarious when they said he looked like the black baseball player.
(02-13-2018 07:45 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]no it's more like the Japanese and koreans generally look down on the Chinese due to perceived poorer manners, lower economic condition etc.

but over the years I've realized that japanese and chinese do look very similar and most differences are due to mannersisms/makeup/fashion

Japanese/Koreans are much much much closer in appearance and Chinese people tend to stand out compared to both.

Specifically Chinese people tend to be darker with more pronounced more masculine features. I rarely meet Japanese people in Toronto but Koreans 100% stand out compared to the rest of you.

Also considering public urinating/defecating is a problem both in China and with Chinese tourists abroad, I think it's fair to say it's not "perceived poorer manners".
^ what percentage of Chinese tourists are defecating in public abroad?

1 in 20-50,000? your stereotypes are ludicrous.

Chinese and Japanese look very similar if you know how to see beyond the BS. I'm not talking about Cantonese people, but more of central china like Shanghai region. lots of similarities between chinese and Japanese.

also the culture changes the way you look. every chinese I have met born in Korea looks 100% korean.

every chinese born and raised in japan looks 100% japanese.

sadaharu oh, 100% chinese.. born in Japan.. looks 100% japanese

[Image: general-view-of-wax-figuire-of-sadaharu-...?s=612x612]
also koreans tend to have wider faces and a higher percentage are mono-lidded. Jaw reduction surgery is quite popular in Korea, but less so in Japan or China.

Most Japanese/Chinese actually have double eyelids from what I've seen.

I think you need to be less assertive and think a bit more before spewing. I lived in Asia for over 10 years including Japan, Korea and China.

It's very hard to tell between the 3 if you are just going by physical appearance.
10-15 years ago it was INCREDIBLY easy to tell between chinese, korean and japanese just simply based on fashion styles

not so now as fashion has become more homogenized.

I still say Koreans look the most distinct , but increasingly it's very hard to tell between chinese and Japanese.

esp. in a place like Shanghai where there is al ot of japanese worship. you have chinese girls speaking fluent japanese. I was fooled many times.
chinese people look different in every single province.

generalizing their looks is hard in general
That's literally exactly what I mean by "darker" and "more masculine" features tho lol, I don't think he looks Japanese at all, a good example of someone being born in Japan as a non Japanese person but totally blending in appearance wise would be that Korean origin MMA fighter that did OK in the UFC for awhile.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nakamura+...q12eDsP5M:

This is what I think of when I think of Japanese guys, and I've never seen anyone that wasn't Korean come close to having this phenotype.
that entire panel of men look castated.

why do asian men look like uniks?
Reference URL's