Evil Academy

Full Version: New PS4 and XBOX1 coming out...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which I'm not interested in buying either one of them for at least a couple years until they have been released...

I got my XBOX360 which is only a few months old.. Bought brand new with the Skyrim and Forza package..

My question is this.. What will happen to the XBOX360 and PS3 online gaming communities when the new consoles hit the market.. Will they shutdown XBOX Live on the 360 and convert it to the new XBOX 1? I don't remember what they did with the original XBOX and PS2 online modes when the new consoles hit..

I have been reading threads on the OG about this and have seen nothing mentioned about this....

And from what I've been reading.. The new XBOX 1 sounds like a turd.. Basically a Microsoft version of the Wii IMO...

InterceptorGT is my XBOX name if anyone wants to get a game going in Borderlands 2 or Call of Duty Black Ops 2 btw...
I think they keep the servers going until the numbers start to drop and then turn them off.

I will probably pick up both or just a PS4.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I imagine they will keep them open. I don't think it costs too much more.

Look at Blizzard, you can still log on and play the original diablo, starcraft, or warcraft 2 battle net edition. You just don't get patches very often.
They're designed as 'all in one media centers' and not gaming consoles anymore, yet they're super far behind a PC in specs.

Why bother with a new console? Isn't the PC better for everything?
Well man, I don't like to be stuck at a computer desk just to play games.. I got my recliner parked right in front of my TV.. I'm comfortable, I'm relaxed, and I'm gaming...

I don't know much about PC gaming so my post might come across as being retarded... I don't want to use a mouse and keyboard..

Seriously.. I don't know... Can you do this with a computer PC gaming system.. I see those alienware gaming computers... I thought about getting one at one point awhile back.. But I don't want to be stuck on a lap top or desk top just to game...

[Image: 10ogobl.jpg]

From everything I have read, I have to agree.. The new XBOX revealed itself to be a complete turd IMO...
Will be getting the PS4 as soon as it releases.

I know I will end up buying a replacement system not long after, but I need an awesome PSN name.
I might pick up another PS3 just for Diablo 3..

How the fuck did Microsoft not get the rights to Diablo 3?

Playstation kills it on exclusives IMO... Diablo 3 on a fucking console! Only reason why I didn't get 2 or 3 is because I don't have a gaming computer... Well my computer might handle Diablo 2... I played Diablo 1 on PS1...

Seems like they quit making Baldur's Gate type games....
It would have been awesome if they made the PS4 a computer with a focus on gaming. right now I dont' think you can run windows on it.

doubly cool if they kept the cell computing technology or the "emotion engine"
http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/privacy...-nightmare

"This sentiment is being felt the world over, with Berlin's federal data protection commissioner, Peter Schaar, telling Spiegel Online that Xbox One is nothing more than a monitoring device under the guise of a gaming console.

"The Xbox One continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. My reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. These are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties."

Schaar believes this is a major breach of privacy.

"The fact that Microsoft could potentially spy on my living room is merely a twisted nightmare."

Microsoft aims to bring simplicity to the living room with Xbox One, which it calls a "powerful, all-in-one device of modern architecture." "
(05-28-2013 08:15 AM)Bankable Wrote: [ -> ]http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/privacy...-nightmare

"This sentiment is being felt the world over, with Berlin's federal data protection commissioner, Peter Schaar, telling Spiegel Online that Xbox One is nothing more than a monitoring device under the guise of a gaming console.

"The Xbox One continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. My reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. These are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties."

Schaar believes this is a major breach of privacy.

"The fact that Microsoft could potentially spy on my living room is merely a twisted nightmare."

Microsoft aims to bring simplicity to the living room with Xbox One, which it calls a "powerful, all-in-one device of modern architecture." "

disgusting. i don't think sony would do that.

the japanese companies have been pretty good about privacy at least from what I have seen.

Samsung also has TVs that can spy on people.
I can pretty much guarantee you that anything you can do with this console I can do better with a simple PC hub.

I mean, and I7 processor with a 'this generation' video card leaves next gen consoles in the dust.

If you want, you can hook your comfortable controller up to your PC no problem.

Why would anyone put up with this shit to game?

LOL, that last post was barely English!

Weeee!

Oh but seriously, fuck consoles.
lol @ shit to game.

These new consoles are nothing but cut down PCs.

I liked it when Sony was developing special tech for their console.

EMOTION ENGINE
I've been stuck to my PS4 all weekend. I came up for air to watch the UFC PPV and a bit of football today. It's nice to be able to be super lazy every once in a while, but back to reality tomorrow lol.
Can't believe I didn't get a launch PS4. I gotta be responsible and take care of some debts first but I plan on getting one soon. How you like the launch titles so far?
I'm really enjoying NBA 2K14. It's a nice step up from the previous gen version. Ridiculous graphics and strong gameplay.

I bought Need For Speed Rivals and Battlefield 4 today and both of those seem solid as well. Hopefully, I'll get some more time to really dig into those during the week.

I didn't really like Killzone all that much and I already sold it off. It was very pretty to look at, but it just wasn't for me. I'm not really into the Sci-Fi shooters too much, but I gave it a chance anyway.

The games I'm really looking forward to coming out are UFC and MLB The Show. I also have my eye on Infamous Second Son and The Order 1886.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's