Evil Academy

Full Version: Woman who battled blood cancer for five years 'recovers after treating with Turmeric
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've talked about turmeric on here before. I thought this was interesting;

Woman, 67, who battled blood cancer for five years 'recovers after treating it with TURMERIC' in the first recorded case of its kind

Dieneke Ferguson, 67, had given up on gruelling treatments and chemotherapy
With her myeloma spreading she began taking 8g of curcumin a day
The cancer stabilised in what doctors say was the first case of its kind

A woman who battled blood cancer for years without success finally halted the disease with turmeric, it has been reported.

Dieneke Ferguson is now leading a normal life after giving up on gruelling treatments that failed to stop it.

Doctors say her case is the first recorded instance in which a patient has recovered by using the spice after stopping conventional medical treatments.

With her myeloma spreading rapidly after three rounds of chemotherapy and four stem cell transplants, the 67-year-old began taking 8g of curcumin a day – one of the main compounds in turmeric.

The cancer, which has an average survival of just over five years, was causing increasing back pain and she had already had a second relapse.

But it stabilised after Mrs Ferguson, from north London, came across the remedy on the internet in 2011 and decided to try it as a last resort.

The tablets are expensive – £50 for ten days – but as kitchen turmeric contains just 2 per cent curcumin it would be impossible to eat enough to get the same dose.

Woman, 67, who battled blood cancer for five years 'recovers after treating it with TURMERIC' in the first recorded case of its kind

A woman who battled blood cancer for years without success finally halted the disease with turmeric, it has been reported.

Dieneke Ferguson is now leading a normal life after giving up on gruelling treatments that failed to stop it.

Doctors say her case is the first recorded instance in which a patient has recovered by using the spice after stopping conventional medical treatments.

With her myeloma spreading rapidly after three rounds of chemotherapy and four stem cell transplants, the 67-year-old began taking 8g of curcumin a day – one of the main compounds in turmeric.
Dieneke Ferguson had been diagnosed with the blood cancer myeloma in 2007 and had undergone three rounds of chemotherapy as well as four stem cell transplants

Dieneke Ferguson had been diagnosed with the blood cancer myeloma in 2007 and had undergone three rounds of chemotherapy as well as four stem cell transplants
Dieneke is still taking 8g of curcumin in tablet form daily — the equivalent of about two teaspoonfuls of pure powdered curcumin

Dieneke is still taking 8g of curcumin in tablet form daily — the equivalent of about two teaspoonfuls of pure powdered curcumin

The cancer, which has an average survival of just over five years, was causing increasing back pain and she had already had a second relapse.

But it stabilised after Mrs Ferguson, from north London, came across the remedy on the internet in 2011 and decided to try it as a last resort.

The tablets are expensive – £50 for ten days – but as kitchen turmeric contains just 2 per cent curcumin it would be impossible to eat enough to get the same dose.

Mrs Ferguson, who was first diagnosed in 2007, continues to take curcumin without further treatment and her cancer cell count is negligible.

Her doctors, from Barts Health NHS Trust in London, wrote in the British Medical Journal Case Reports: ‘To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report in which curcumin has demonstrated an objective response in progressive disease in the absence of conventional treatment.’

The experts, led by Dr Abbas Zaidi, said some myeloma patients took dietary supplements alongside conventional treatment but ‘few, if any, use dietary supplementation as an alternative to standard antimyeloma therapy’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ancer.html
£5 per day doesn't seem that expensive if it cures cancer.
You never know about these stories and I am careful about the health food and supplement industry. Still, I have been taking about a tablespoon of Turmeric a day, with Bariani olive oil and black pepper mixed into either green peas or riced cauliflower. It has become my absolute favorite meal of the day. I don't obsess about the health benefits too much. I just hope for the best and move on.
I've tried Golden Milk in the past, which is basically turmeric and Edo's oil.

Might have to give it another shot. Right now I have turmeric tea but I'm guessing it's not nearly as powerful as making the real deal yourself.
(01-04-2018 02:29 AM)pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ].
We've talked about turmeric on here before. I thought this was interesting;

Mrs Ferguson, who was first diagnosed in 2007, continues to take curcumin without further treatment and her cancer cell count is negligible.

Her doctors, from Barts Health NHS Trust in London, wrote in the British Medical Journal Case Reports: ‘To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report in which curcumin has demonstrated an objective response in progressive disease in the absence of conventional treatment.’

The experts, led by Dr Abbas Zaidi, said some myeloma patients took dietary supplements alongside conventional treatment but ‘few, if any, use dietary supplementation as an alternative to standard antimyeloma therapy’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ancer.html

There's a doctor in Holland specialized in cancer treatment who is actively doing research (as one of the few) and seeking funds for alternative cures for cancers. His name is Casper van Eijck and works at the Erasmus medical centre. He did some interviews last year telling about his work and the force he has to battle in the name of big pharma to do research for batteling cancer with tumeric (kurkuma) among other threatments.

There's a lot written about this doctor and the relation of turmeric to curing cancer. A lot of so called pseudo scientific articles who argue that turmeric is a dead end. But there is evidence found that turmeric could have a positive effect on cancer cells.

But according to Casper van Eijk the real challenge is to get the active substances of turmeric at the cells. There is a big problem because turmeric is supposed to broken down in the intestinal and digestive system before it could reach the cancer cells.

Here is a part of the interview with Casper van Eijck in a big dutch newspaper about the subject

Quote:Support Casper is set up in November 2015 by relatives of a number of ex-patients, supported by well-known faces such as Astrid Joosten - who lost her husband within six weeks - and René van der Gijp, good friend of Van Eijck, who Foundation promotes weekly auctioning in the football indoor campaign. The hope is based on a pioneering new approach, in which patients are treated with the avian influenza virus. Discovered by two Van Eijck patients; a pig farmer from Overijssel and a veterinarian.

How does that work exactly?

'The avian influenza virus is a live vaccine that is used in the Netherlands on all poultry farms. You sniff it up and then check if you are producing enough antibodies. These two patients still live seven years later. "

In pancreatic cancer, turmeric works more effectively than chemotherapy. But why do not we give that turmeric, but chemo? "

But how did they come up with that?

'In countries like Taiwan it is already a well-known treatment. With a team of oncologists, virologists and neurosurgeons, we now want to do research into immuno-virotherapy with the money that Support Casper generates. You can clean up cancer cells with the help of viruses that are adapted to recognize specific tumor cells. '

So if the treatment was already known, is not it wry that a pig farmer from Overijssel is going to try it out rather than an academic hospital?

"There are a few things that play with that. Firstly, such a virus can present a risk of contamination for other patients. The second explanation is a delicate point. Medical developments are for the most part led by the pharmaceutical industry. I think that's a big shortage. Together with a number of prominent colleagues I did research on interferons, substances that are released from the flu virus. We discovered that chemotherapy is much more effective if you combine it with a certain interferon. MS patients get it, so I called the supplier, that we also wanted to use it in pancreatic cancer. No way. If it did not work anyway, then the medicine and thus the manufacturer came in a negative light. So we did not get it. "

And then you give chemotherapy again, while that hardly has any effect?

'Yes. That is why I want to continue to work independently as long as possible with the investigation into the avian influenza virus. To discover the therapy on the basis of science, of things that we invent ourselves. And not be forced by the industry to do things that we do not support. '

He gets up, rummages in a filing cabinet, boxes full of thank-you notes from relatives, bottles of liquor in colorful wrapping paper. Asks suddenly: "Are you a bit at home in the kitchen?"

Eh, yes. "Well, turmeric will tell you something. Yellow carrot. In pancreatic cancer, turmeric works more effectively than chemotherapy. But why do not we give that turmeric, but chemo? "

Well?

'Because of the industry of course! I have conducted a literature study with a patient who has died in the past into documented alternatives. And there is just medical literature about the demonstrated effect of turmeric. I now also send that information to my patients. '

So some turmeric through the noodles ... "You have to do it every day. But then it works just as well to slow down the growth of cancer cells as chemotherapy. And sprouts are a good vegetable for patients with pancreatic cancer. '

But has that actually been tested on people? 'There is a lot of literature about it, and in the laboratory there are many indications that turmeric is effective. Only it should be tested clinically, so also on patients.

'The laboratory of a hospital requires 1 to 2 million euros a year from the pharmaceutical industry. This means that you have to test things for them that are of no use to you as a doctor, nor to your patients. We do that anyway, to keep things going, and also to investigate some of their own ideas. But in my view that is unhealthy. '

You should work completely independently of that industry?

'Yes.'

Do you think that will ever happen?

'No.'

How do you keep the courage?

This is a part of a interview with some sceptics about Van Eijk his work

Quote:Interesting molecule
Carpenter = Timmerman the researcher (due to translation): "The best known - not the only - substance with interesting properties in turmeric is curcumin. We isolated and synthesized this substance, indeed did establish interesting pharmacological properties in the lab on isolated organs and in laboratory animals. Such as analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity. An interesting molecule. Unfortunately, in further research it proved unsuitable as a medicine because of poor absorption with oral administration and rapid metabolic degradation. Once it is absorbed into the body it is unstable. "Carpenter:" We have made a lot of curcumin derivatives, each with a slightly different chemical structure in order to circumvent detrimental kinetic properties. However, we have not succeeded in making a suitable derivative that could be used.

Much has been published about it, the Indonesian researchers have obtained patents, but all this research has not led to a drug. Curcumin is an interesting molecule, unfortunately it can not be used. That's life. Many promising molecules are also being written off in the regular pharmaceutical industry. This should also be done with curcumin, "says Timmerman.

Not everyone agrees with him. Michal Heger, researcher at the AMC in Amsterdam and working on laboratory tests for years, confirms in a review article the poor bioavailability of curcumin that hinders use as a medicine. Heger has been researching the pharmokinetic properties of curcumin in the laboratory since 2012. In 2012, Heger spoke about "a promising cure for cancer, directly from nature."

Fat globules
However, Heger is also convinced that curcumin, taken orally, does not work because it is broken down in the intestine and liver and therefore can not reach the desired location in the body. The AMC researcher therefore makes frantic attempts to bring curcumin, hidden in fat globules, to the tumor via the bloodstream. At present only in the form of laboratory experiments. "Nothing has yet been clinically tested, I still need a few years before I can do patient trials," he said in an interview with the website Nieuws.nl in the summer of 2016.

Henk Timmerman also suspects that the use of that fat globule approach may improve the absorption from the gut, but he does not think that the metabolic breakdown can be influenced. These are things that the Rotterdam pancreatic surgeon Casper van Eijck apparently missed, given his remarkable statements about turmeric, including in De Volkskrant.

Reaction of Van Eijck to the claims Timmerman makes about his work.
Quote:Van Eijck does not agree with this. To the question why he told De Volkskrant so explicitly to believe in the positive health effect of turmeric he writes in an e-mail to the Association against Quackery (VtdK): "In the sentence in the article that 'in pancreatic cancer turmeric more effective then chemotherapy 'is the word' sometimes' omitted in the final version ", he apologizes. Van Eijck continues: "It is true that in many experiments performed in vitro or in test animals turmeric is indeed more effective when it comes to self-cell killing (apoptosis) than certain chemotherapeutics. In the interview, I also emphatically added that this has not yet been demonstrated in patients. This is mainly because the bioavailability of turmeric leaves much to be desired and is also very different individually. It is also very questionable whether turmeric actually comes at or in the tumor cells in humans. "

Van Eijck: "For the sake of clarity, I recommend chemotherapy as the first choice because it is the only proven effective in pancreatic cancer, albeit limited. However, there are many patients who refrain from this because of the severe toxicity and limited benefit it generates. Something that I also encounter a lot in patients with pancreatic cancer. My expertise is not with turmeric. If there are patients who want to use turmeric and ask me which preparations they can use best, then I recommend the caps of AOV (Kurkuma Longa). A professor of biochemistry here has told me that there are big differences between different preparations and that their test shows that it comes out best when it comes to bioavailability. "

So it seems turmeric has the potential to treat cancer, atleast pancreas cancer. But it seems to be very difficult to activate the effects of turmeric near cancercells. And results deviate per case.

So if this doesn't work you could try a alkaline diet. As cancer cells seem to thrive in a "acidic" enviroment and alkaline has a positive effect on the acidity of your body.

But there is a lot of pseudo articles to be found who support and debunk this..

A good friend of mine is currently being treated for cancer with chemo. i gave him the following advise as he went into treatment.
Eat as healthy as possible, follow the alkaline diet, take vitamin supplements and try to keep walking, excercising etc. Make your body strong and healthy so it can withstand the effects of chemo. Chemo is poison for your body and you need reserves to sustain it and comeback to a normal cardio and overall fitness in your life.

That is what i would do with such a diagnose
i've been pushing turmeric for awhile.

i use it on my dog to kill cysts and random bumps. turmeric with coconut oil just obliterates them esp. in the early stages quickly
and this is probably why they will never regulate supplements. if they regulated supplements it would mean GUARANTEED DOSAGE.

they keep it unregulated and let manufacturers put in garlic powder instead of real herbs.

someone needs to start a supplement company with 3rd party or govt verification
the turmeric needs a carrier which is an oil like coconut oil.. and it needs an activator which is freshly ground black pepper. this is the formula I use to treat my dogs
(01-05-2018 01:53 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]the turmeric needs a carrier which is an oil like coconut oil.. and it needs an activator which is freshly ground black pepper. this is the formula I use to treat my dogs

How many dogs do you have? Do they travel with you? Pics?
I have a couple. they don't travel with me esp. not to China as there is like a 10 day quarantine
Reference URL's