Evil Academy

Full Version: Executions of the innocent by GWB Jr. as Texas Governor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GWB Jr as Texas Governor gave practically no pardons for those awaiting the death penalty in his state, with executions happening about twice a month IIRC. Naturally, some innocents were included.

Quote:David Wayne Spence
David Wayne Spence was executed in Texas in 1997 in spite of compelling evidence of his innocence. Two of the State's witnesses were co-defendants who testified to avoid the death penalty, one of whom changed his story three times in response to discrepancies. He later testified that D.A. Simons encouraged him to alter his testimony. Two other witnesses for the State were jailhouse snitches who recanted later and stated that Simons offered them favors in exchange for testimony. All of this and more was supposedly reviewed by Governor George W. Bush, but Bush refused to commute his sentence, and did not order the Board of Pardons and Paroles to review his request for clemency. It is a myth that a Texas Governor can do nothing to stop executions; the Board will almost always go with his recommendation. Bush washed his hands of the matter and did nothing. Reasonable doubt is not a factor in Texas justice.

Gary Graham
Gary Graham was convicted of the robbery and murder of a white man in 1981. Nearly two weeks after the crime, the state's prime witness could not pick Gary’s picture out of a photo line-up. Mr. Graham was arrested with a 22 caliber pistol. The victim had been killed with a 22, but the police firearms examiner determined that Mr. Graham's gun DID NOT fire the fatal bullet. Four witnesses said Gary Graham was with them, miles away from the convenience store, when the murder occured. All four took and passed polygraph tests. George W. Bush, predictably, expressed his faith in the Texas judicial system and allowed Mr. Graham to be put to death. Mr. Graham maintained his innocence to the end.
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php...030,373036
Quote:With 152 executions under his belt as Governor of Texas; should we be really be surprised to learn that during a 1999 Talk Magazine interview, our President, then Governor, mocked a woman after he condemned her to death? Puckering his lips, feminizing his eyes, and letting out in a desperate squeak, “please don't kill me!"

Not the words of a nefarious cartoon villain, but the words of our President. It was during his time as Governor; George Bush executed more prisoners than any governor in U.S. history, averaging 1 execution every nine days, with as many as 7 executions per month, and occasionally 2 executions per day. These statistics put whole countries to shame. George Bush executed the first woman in Texas since the 1860’s, executed the mentally ill, the mentally retarded, the rehabilitated, and statistically 9 innocent people.
http://www.ledgeofliberty.com/2004/06/pl...t_kil.html

Quote:"Devil May Care"
Tucker Carlson
Talk Magazine, 9/99

In the weeks before the execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. 'Did you meet with any of them?' I ask.

Bush whips around and stares at me. 'No, I didn't meet with any of them,' he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. 'I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' 'What was her answer?' I wonder.

'Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, 'don't kill me.'

I must look shocked -- ridiculing the pleas of a condemned prisoner who has since been executed seems odd and cruel, even for someone as militantly anticrime as Bush -- because he immediately stops smirking.

'It's tough stuff,' Bush says, suddenly somber, 'but my job is to enforce the law.' As it turns out, the Larry King-Karla Faye Tucker exchange Bush recounted never took place, at least not on television. During her interview with King, however, Tucker did imply that Bush was succumbing to election-year pressure from pro-death penalty voters. Apparently Bush never forgot it. He has a long memory for slights.”
there is no mercy or leniency in the US

maximum punishment

US has 4% of the world's population but 30% of prisoners worldwide

4% of population and 75% of Lawyers
(11-30-2017 05:20 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]there is no mercy or leniency in the US

maximum punishment

US has 4% of the world's population but 30% of prisoners worldwide

4% of population and 75% of Lawyers
I drive by Huntsville prison routinely. That is where they fry em

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
death penalty should only be reserved for confirmed serial killers or people who engage in torture or war crimes
does the bible support the DEATH PENALTY?

Genesis 9: 5-6
For your lifeblood I will surely require a reckoning; of every beast I will require it and of man; of every man’s brother I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image.
I will always remember how Bush's mother spoke so proudly of her boys for killing all those evil men. She was a real advocate of the death penalty, her eyes lit up when she talked about it. I tried to find the clip on youtube but It doesn't appear to be there.
(11-30-2017 02:23 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]does the bible support the DEATH PENALTY?

Genesis 9: 5-6
For your lifeblood I will surely require a reckoning; of every beast I will require it and of man; of every man’s brother I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image.

Old Testament would for sure, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life.
There was one person that Gov. Bush spared: Henry Lee Lucas

[Image: 51kmXlyrKvL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Chapter 3 or 4 is dedicated to the very strange connection the 'Bush Ranch' had to this Serial Killer.
RIP Dave McGowan
Reference URL's