Evil Academy

Full Version: JayZ raps: "Credit. You ever wonder why Jewish people own all property in America?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In his second track on the album, “The Story of O.J.,” Jay-Z raps, “You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit/ You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This how they did it.” In addition to prompting a social media debate over whether the lines were anti-Semitic or not, they have also attracted the attention of The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an international non-governmental Jewish organization founded in 1913 that “fights anti-Semitism and all forms of hate.”

https://chicagodefender.com/2017/07/25/i...i-semitic/
Quote:“The lyric does seem to play into deep-seated anti-Semitic stereotypes about Jews and money. The idea that Jews’ ‘own all the property’ in this country and have used credit to financially get ahead are odious and false. Yet, such notions have lingered in society for decades, and we are concerned that this lyric could feed into preconceived notions about Jews and alleged Jewish ‘control’ of the banks and finance,” the rep continued.

The majority opinion seems to be that Jay-Z did not mean any injury by the lyric. At his defense were Russell Simmons and Jewish talent manager, Guy Oseary. In an Instagram post, Oseary argues that the rapper was trying to portray Jewish people in a positive light as a financial model for the black community. “He’s attempting to use the Jewish people in an exaggerated way to showcase a community of people that are thought to have made wise business decisions,” begins Oseary. “In my opinion, Jay is giving the Jewish community a compliment. If you had to pick a community as an example of making wise financial decisions achieving financial freedom who would you choose? I’m not offended by these lyrics,” he declares.

agree with the bold.

he's trying to compliment the jews, but in 2017 that is seen as being anti-semitic. Alan Dersho said that philo-semites were worse than anti-semites in some ways. they kill with love.
Kanye also said "blacks don't have connections like jewish people" and was blasted for being anti-semitic
It's antisemitic to want to emulate the success of the the chosenites.
GQ compiled a list of the most powerful men in the US and maybe a third of them are jewish or have jewish ancestry

America has been the best country to jews in history.
What year was the ADL founded??
they started off as bnai brith, so they are pretty old.
(07-26-2017 07:08 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an international non-governmental Jewish organization founded in 1913 that “fights anti-Semitism and all forms of hate.”

Peculiar date
Reference URL's