Evil Academy

Full Version: magic mushrooms may permanently alter personality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just one strong dose of hallucinogenic mushrooms can alter a person's personality for more than a year and perhaps permanently, a new study finds.

People given psilocybin, the compound in "magic mushrooms" that causes hallucinations and feelings of transcendence, demonstrated a more "open" personality after their experience, an effect that persisted for at least 14 months. Openness is a psychological term referring to an appreciation for new experiences. People who are more open tend to have broad imaginations and value emotion, art and curiosity.

This personality warp is unusual, said study researcher Katherine MacLean, because personality rarely changes much after the age of 25 or 30. (In fact, one recent study found that by first grade our personalities are set pretty much for life.)

"This is one of the first studies to show that you actually can change adult personality," said MacLean, a postdoctoral researcher at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

The root of the change seems to be not the drug itself, MacLean told LiveScience, but the mystical experiences that psilocybin often triggers. These profound, transcendent feelings feel no less real to people for being chemically induced, she said.

-LIvescience
Makes sense.
in other words could it make people liberal?

opening your mind could also mean opening your mind to the new world order
(05-22-2017 06:54 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]in other words could it make people liberal?

opening your mind could also mean opening your mind to the new world order

If you are experimenting with hallucinogens then you are probably already a bit liberal minded to begin with.

I think it means that the experience can be so profound for many people, that they realize that there is a lot more to the universe than what we see and feel with our 5 senses. It opens their minds to infinite possibility and in some cases it gives perspective to people on our place in the universe.

I have never done Mushrooms or DMT or anything else like it, but it is something that I do want to experience.
yes but theoretically opening you mind to "true reality" would also entail seeing all the conspiracies.. and not just becoming a "we are all one" type of thing.. or the most famous the "we are aliens" type of bullshit

but then again, I think people who do experiment with mushrooms have been open to conspiracy theories in general, but it's more of an anti-establishment thing so it could be construed as liberal as well.

this stuff opens you up to a certain aspect, but virtually none of the drug experimenters turn towards a traditional social orientation. it's always the free love stuff.. everyone is your lover bs
Reference URL's