Evil Academy

Full Version: Rip Kimbo thread has malware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
won't let me enter the thread, saying it has content from a malware/phishing site.

can the prof delete the embedded material?

THANKS
I get the same thing, says it's a phishing scam by mmabay.uk

weird.
i wanted to post in and read the thread.. but I can't figure out how to delete the offending material
I cant delete it because I can't get into the thread.

It must be the Kimbo picture I embdeded.
I just went in and updated the pic, but I was linking from Bloody Elbow so I don't know if my pic was the problem.

See if it still gives the warning now.
ok maybe you fixed it.. I just went in and deleted all the pics.

not sure who fixed it but I'm glad it's working again!

please reupdate with new pictures!

thanks
I was able to get in and read the thread as well as post while the photo of Kimbo was still up???!!! But I'm on a Mac.

I'm a late convert to the Mac OS X operating system and all things Apple. It seems more stable that Windows. I've 3 iMacs, 3 MacBooks from circa 2007-2008 I'm refurbishing (I'm just got one working with a new SSD Drive, new battery, power supply, etc.), 2 Mac Minis (also in line for refurbishing, and desktop Apple (I forget what it's called.) I won't entirely abandon Windows (I've got 3 desktop PCs still in the box I need to get out and turn on). Plus I have a bunch of Windows based laptops that I gonna work and refurb, but it may take longer to work on those since I'm having much better luck with the Apples...all those Apples are used, but with the refurb they're as good as new and I'm hoping they'll stay that way. Why do I say that? Because with the the Windows PCs I get good service for a coupla years and then they go down, usually the OS itself. Last two I was using Dell Precisions (their state-of-the-art business PCs made with the best components. And they were good while it lasted, which is usually 3-4-5 years, and then something goes on that I can't fix.

But it's been interesting looking at the Windows versus Apple. I was a long-time Windows supporter, thinking that the Apples were too high priced. But I'm beginning to to think, for the price of the last two Windows PCs I've I had, I could have bought one Apple computer and it would still be running.

And that where it boiled down to: 2 Windows PCs or the 1 Apple computer.
APPLE IS GENERALLY VERY GOOD, I love the IPHONE compared to Android.

the only problem is you can't easily put songs and pics into the phone without going through a convoluted syncing process.

never tried IOS for desktop, but it does not seem as intuitive as windows.. it looks more beautiful though
(06-08-2016 04:41 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]APPLE IS GENERALLY VERY GOOD, I love the IPHONE compared to Android.

the only problem is you can't easily put songs and pics into the phone without going through a convoluted syncing process.

never tried IOS for desktop, but it does not seem as intuitive as windows.. it looks more beautiful though
Not sure if i'd pay full price for an iPhone. My sister got the big iPhone 6 (and contrary to my thinking the screen with Gorilla glass) she dropped in and the screen cracked all over. Even with Apple insurance she had to pay $99 out of pocket to get Apple to replace the screen. It's big I hear, screen replacements for iPhones and iPads. $169 is the going rate for an outside vendor to replace it.

Probably will have to get a smartphone before the end of the year. My provider AT&T won't support my simple flip-hone beyond this year. Everything next year is all smart phones, and much more expensive due to the data plans.
(06-08-2016 04:49 PM)ba_dass Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2016 04:41 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]APPLE IS GENERALLY VERY GOOD, I love the IPHONE compared to Android.

Not sure if i'd pay full price for an iPhone. My sister got the big iPhone 6 (and contrary to my thinking the screen with Gorilla glass) she dropped in and the screen cracked all over. Even with Apple insurance she had to pay $99 out of pocket to get Apple to replace the screen. It's big I hear, screen replacements for iPhones and iPads. $169 is the going rate for an outside vendor to replace it.

Probably will have to get a smartphone before the end of the year. My provider AT&T won't support my simple flip-hone beyond this year. Everything next year is all smart phones, and much more expensive due to the data plans.
Oh and don't get me started on people glued on their iPhones and smart phones while in public. I'm sure they're ruining their eyes and ,if started young enough on this phenomenon, their interpersonal skills will be something lacking as opposed to the older generations???!!!!
My 14 yr old niece talks on the phone the same way as she did when she was 4. No skills. They don't even look around. Glued to phones.

Bad things are coming from this generation.
the new trend is having one smart phone and a 2nd old school type phone.
Reference URL's