Evil Academy

Full Version: RIP Ali
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Matt Abbott has just challenged him???!!!
His Parkinson's robbed him of having more of activist's role in his later years. I wonder if someone or some group gave him Parkinson's to silence his voice???!!! I mean how many retired boxers have gotten his kind of Parkinson's???!!! And he was already developing symptoms by the time of his fight with Larry Holmes???!!!

And early on he was effective activist. He was able to bring attention to racism on America; he helped turn public opinion against the Vietnam War; and he fought and won against the US government regarding his drafting into the US Army.

You'd think he made lots of enemies as well as friends???!!!!
All you young-uns have no frame of reference for what Ali was in the world of sports worldwide... there has never been, nor will there ever be a big of a single athlete draw globally as Ali. No one is even close.....

I had a paper route as a kid with after school/supper school delivery & collections. I used to have to hurry as fast as I could to finish my route/collections in order to get home to watch Ali's fights live on 1 of the only 2 Canada/3 US over the air (no cable til 79) TV channels. While out still on my route every house's TV in the living room was tuned to the fight with the whole family watching. I mean every house. There was nothing like this before him or since with World Cup, Olympics & Superbowl-sized audiences worldwide.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=...+vs.&go=Go

Quote:Joe Frazier vs. Muhammad Ali - 1971-03-08 (1st meeting)

Fight of the Century was the promotional nickname given to this first match between champion Joe Frazier (26-0, 23 KOs) and challenger Muhammad Ali (31-0, 26 KOs), held on March 8, 1971 at New York's Madison Square Garden.
Contents

Buildup and media coverage

Each man was guaranteed $2.5 million dollars, the largest single payday for any entertainer or athlete at the time. Tickets to the Garden would be made available to the general public by mail on a first come first served basis. Prices in the arena ranged from $20 for a balcony seat to $150 for ringside. Hundreds of other locations throughout the U.S. and Canada would screen the fight via closed circuit television to fans paying $5 to $15.

Interest in the event was incredible. Radio, television, and the print media were filled with stories discussing the upcoming fight. Few athletic events, be it World Series, Super Bowl or World Cup, had come even close to generating the type of excitement and attention that this prizefight was getting.

Fifty countries had purchased rights to the telecast. The fight was broadcast from ringside in 12 different languages. When the final tallies were added up, it was estimated that 300 million people around the globe had watched the fight. It was the largest audience ever for a television broadcast up to that time (including Olympics et al). More people had tuned into the fight than had watched the moon landing two years before. In the end, the fight grossed between 18 and 20 million dollars world-wide.

Quote:Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks - 1978-02-15 (1st meeting)

Notes

Spinks defeated Alfio Righetti by a 10-round unanimous decision on November 18, 1977. Before the bout, promoter Bob Arum said Ali, who was in attendance, had signed to fight the winner in Las Vegas on February 15, 1978.

On November 5, 1977, Ken Norton (ranked No. 1 by the WBA and WBC) defeated Jimmy Young (ranked No. 2 by the WBA and WBC) by a 15-round split decision in a bout that was sanctioned by the WBC as a heavyweight title eliminator.

The WBC sanctioned Ali's fight against Spinks on December 1, 1977, but said the winner had to fight Norton.

Ali's purse was $3.5 million, and Spinks received $320,000.
A sellout crowd of 5,298 produced a gate of $756,300.

The fight aired live on CBS and drew more than 70 million viewers (US only). CBS paid $3.8 million to televise the bout.

Quote:Leon Spinks vs. Muhammad Ali - 1978-09-15 (2nd meeting)

Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks II was seen in some 80 nations.

ABC televised the fight live in the United States. The network paid $5.3 million for the rights. An [b]estimated TV audience of 90 million (US only) watched the main event[/b]. The bout drew a 46.7 rating, meaning 46.7 percent of TV sets in the nation were tuned in.

Attendance at the Superdome was 63,350. It was the largest indoor attendance ever for a boxing match.

And he was a class act...

(06-07-2016 01:58 PM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]now Kimbo dies! Angel

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewr...45872.html
Dead at age 42 of heart attack, not helped by a Fentanyl Overdose (according to Wikipedia)???!!!!
"Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin. It’s so potent that an amount the size of three grains of sugar is lethal to an adult. "

http://interactive.fusion.net/death-by-f...intro.html
astrologically there's a grandcross for the last while.

it's the most intense astrological inclination in the sky.

a lot of crazy chit has been happening to me. lol but i survived damn it!
examples of grand cross influenced events? and what happened to you?
(06-07-2016 02:22 PM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]"Fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin. It’s so potent that an amount the size of three grains of sugar is lethal to an adult. "

http://interactive.fusion.net/death-by-f...intro.html
That Fentanyl must be quite a high to court easy death and darkness.

I hear the Mexican cartels are promoting this opiod???!!!
It's an approved pharmaceutical product here in Canada and I would presume in the US as well. I just read a piece somewhere about the family that owns this stuff. Kills people here in Vancouver regularly, I run into it being sold at Main and Hastings every time I pass through.
that's crazy. Prince and him both died of Fentanyl
Most of the local Fentanyl deaths are caused by the dealers mixing it with their heroin. I don't know if that was the case here but it wouldn't surprise me.
I saw on some show where a dealer would mix some in with a new batch to purposely cause OD's. That makes the other street addicts want what he got because it was SO GOOD!

Apparently it works.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's