Evil Academy

Full Version: Effects Of Fracking Oil/Gas Wells: River 1km Away Lights On Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The oil industry and their lobby have told us this can never happen. They told us this new oil & gas drilling technigue to get oil & gas from old dry wells is compltely safe to us. The resurgence of the American oil industry and its much less reliance on OPEC in the past decade is soley because of fracking.

How'd you like them fracture underground rock formation near your water supply, or the water table under wear your food is grown? Guess what? It probably is already going on a km, a mile, or a thousand miles from you near the source of your water.

it can also cause earthquakes.
western technology in the name of PROGRESS
The video doesn't prove that fracking had anything to do with it. The movie Gasland made the same claim about water coming out of faucets, but the creator of the film later admitted that this "flammable water" had been in existence since before fracking was invented. Given the way fracking is done it's quite implausible that it has anything to do with the fire in this video.

Fracking may cause earthquakes, but the jury is still out. I know of one study in Oklahoma that found that earthquakes are no more common now than they were before fracking. On the flip side there is a plausible theory behind fracking causing earthquakes (the fracking fluid lubricates the plates). We'll have to wait for more research on that one.
agree it doesn't prove it came from fracking.

it's very plausible that it can cause earthquakes. and I have seen clips where ordinary tap water could be lit on fire so it does probably cause a lot of methane gas to leak blah blah blah

humanity needs to move away from petrol and into cleaner technologies.
Methane gas leaks were around long before fracking was invented. In this particular case the fracking is taking place several kilometers away.
(04-26-2016 01:53 PM)Count Iblis Wrote: [ -> ]Methane gas leaks were around long before fracking was invented. In this particular case the fracking is taking place several kilometers away.

The report said the methane bubbling up was first discovered in 2012. I assume the fracking nearby was going on prior to that.
The fracking is done much deeper than the water supply. The two don't meet.
with spot oil being so cheap it doesn't make that much sense to frack. a lot of them have gone out of business.
This documentary Fracknation was made in response to the blatantly False sensationalism of Gasland. It's a little amateur, but good nonetheless.

http://putlocker.ac/watch-fracknation-on...-2013.html
I lived in Oklahoma city for a couple of years. There was correlation between fracking and the number of quakes. Small quakes. I never felt them but the locals/news would say "there was an earth quake today" and all the anti frackers come out the wood work. My take is if i lived their for 3 years and never felt one then it cant be that bad. Then when you look at the wages fracking brings to the area, people STFU about it real quick
(07-16-2016 04:59 AM)LittleC Wrote: [ -> ]I lived in Oklahoma city for a couple of years. There was correlation between fracking and the number of quakes. Small quakes. I never felt them but the locals/news would say "there was an earth quake today" and all the anti frackers come out the wood work. My take is if i lived their for 3 years and never felt one then it cant be that bad. Then when you look at the wages fracking brings to the area, people STFU about it real quick

Born and raised in Oklahoma. I'm 28 now. I've never felt one.
You guys should definitely watch the Fracknation documentary. It's worth an hour of your time.
Reference URL's