Evil Academy

Full Version: Al Jazeera America to 'to shut down by April 30'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
great news.

Al Jazeera is a BBC front group. A type of fake RT operation designed to lull the slightly less sheepy sheep

not a surrpise that Al Jazeera USA was essentially the replacement for Al Gore's Current TV.

there is nothing anti-establishment at all. Al Jazeera and BBC routinely make up news about middle eastern affairs!
It wouldn't surprise me if VICE tries to step in to fill the void.

They are now trying to become the new 'alternative' voice within the MSM and, I imagine, derail RT's role in spreading honest, factual news to the world.
yeah VICE is the counter to RT, infowars and the other slightly right alt media.

what is pernicious about VICE is that they hide strong ideological narratives within banal mindless entertainment. so shady. they must be exposed.
I just hate it when I see pseudo intellectuals that tell me in a smug way they watch Al JAzeera and get the real news.

I'm like you realize it was started by the BBC to be their middle eastern satellite right? they are like NO and just shut up.

then I tell them RT is pretty good and they're like it's RUSSIAN STATE PROPAGANDA.

I'm like dood. yeah ignore the russian news and just read their western news coverage. far superior to the US MSM.

RT has been kind of slacking recently though. not as hard hitting as before. lots of trivial entertainment type of news. they should avoid those.
(02-05-2016 12:14 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I just hate it when I see pseudo intellectuals that tell me in a smug way they watch Al JAzeera and get the real news.

I'm like you realize it was started by the BBC to be their middle eastern satellite right? they are like NO and just shut up.

then I tell them RT is pretty good and they're like it's RUSSIAN STATE PROPAGANDA.

I'm like dood. yeah ignore the russian news and just read their western news coverage. far superior to the US MSM.

RT has been kind of slacking recently though. not as hard hitting as before. lots of trivial entertainment type of news. they should avoid those.

Good points.

But what specifically are you referring to in the bold?
(02-05-2016 12:01 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]yeah VICE is the counter to RT, infowars and the other slightly right alt media.

what is pernicious about VICE is that they hide strong ideological narratives within banal mindless entertainment. so shady. they must be exposed.

what's interesting is that the Founder of Vice and "Godfather of Hipsterdom" Gavin McInnes has become one of the most vocal conservatives in the media.

(02-05-2016 02:05 PM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2016 12:14 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]I just hate it when I see pseudo intellectuals that tell me in a smug way they watch Al JAzeera and get the real news.

Good points.

But what specifically are you referring to in the bold?

they have lots of tabloid type stories recently.. like the 99 million year old ancient erection, or various doggy stories.

they are not really touching on the touchy subjects as much IMO as of late. more of the same green greenwald/assange style conspiracy-lite stuff. they also don't speak that much about social conservatism.

i still like them, but I go there less now. too much of the same stuff.

If you go to places like Wayne Madsen report, you see a lot of cutting edge stories. for example he is covering Marco Rubio's supposedly gay past.
(02-05-2016 02:14 PM)CTsar Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2016 12:01 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]yeah VICE is the counter to RT, infowars and the other slightly right alt media.

what's interesting is that the Founder of Vice and "Godfather of Hipsterdom" Gavin McInnes has become one of the most vocal conservatives in the media.

this is very interesting. IIRC fox owns part of vice now.

I think Vice found a market to covertly spread SJW views.. or they might be supported by mockingbird style programs.

that clip is pretty confusing.. you would think the owner of Vice wouldn't be standing up for social conservatism.
I think Viacom owns it now, he left when VICE was bought out.
Quote:In mid-August 2013, Rupert Murdoch's corporation 21st Century Fox invested US$70 million in Vice Media, resulting in a 5 percent stake. Following the announcement, Smith explained, "We have set ourselves up to build a global platform but we have maintained control."
yeah 5% stake.

OK it makes sense that he is saying that stuff after he sold vice

if he is a counterculture type of guy then yes social conservatism is the new counterculture and new vanguard.
My impression of Al-Jazeera US is that they did just enough BS to keep the doors open and keep mainstream powers from shutting them down.
Who knows, but it's still more tolerable than what we get here in America mainstream.
And you could stream them live, free, until they closed the doors a couple years ago, then re-opened(online).
(02-06-2016 06:46 AM)sparkuri Wrote: [ -> ]My impression of Al-Jazeera US is that they did just enough BS to keep the doors open and keep mainstream powers from shutting them down.
Who knows, but it's still more tolerable than what we get here in America mainstream.
And you could stream them live, free, until they closed the doors a couple years ago, then re-opened(online).

I agree.

It's still much improved from the U.S. model.
i remember they made up some news when the libyan conflict was happening.

they made up a full set to make it look like Ghadaffi was losing. it was either Al Jazeera or BBC.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's