Evil Academy

Full Version: Essendon vs Collingwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
An Australian rules football game just happened to come on TSN 2 and I was immediately intrigued by a couple of things. Firstly, It's quite an interesting game, with physical, wide-open play and some very eccentric game officials using strange semaphore-like flag signalling. A patriotic Anzac commemoration got the proceedings off to a stirring start.

But it's really the cultural experience that strikes me. The sight of 50,000+ white sports fans coming together in an outdoor venue to cheer on teams of local white athletes is quite a peculiar experience for someone used to watching American football, where the audience is identically white, but the athletes are African, and there is an underlying cultural alienation between the fans and the players. In this venue the fans and the players come from the same community, the same culture. The bond between these teams and their fans must be real and genuine, not phony and contrived, as they seem to be authentic representatives of those communities, not aliens. It seems to me that a young Australian might well grow up believing that maybe some day he too could be a professional football player and perhaps if he's good enough play for one of these teams.

And the players perform with all of the pluck and gritty determination you would expect from a collection of white guys. No bragging or outlandish displays narcissism to be seen anywhere. These particular white guys have a quiet confidence about them that suggests their society hasn't convinced them they can't be professional athletes of the highest caliber. These guys are from the mainstream of their society and clearly believe they are as good as anyone else.

All in all, it's a sport that I wouldn't mind watching again.
LOL A LARGE Portion of the players are aboriginal and increasingly African.

The only reason they can compete is that is a domestic league and not an international one, lets see those f*ggots try rugby.

Its watched in all the staes that dont matter, Vic, SA, NT and WA.

Im glad you enjoyed that game of arial ping pong old mate.
Actually HYUNG, I have noticed a preponderance of white guys playing in the world cup of rugby as well, even for South Africa of all teams!

Polynesians too, of course. No Africans though.
Well Rugby Union is played largely by private school boys so yeah thats why you probably dont see many black south africans in it.

Polynesians and Melanesians are very well represented in Rugby, in fact that are talking about getting rid of age brackets and having teams based on weight in school boy rugby cause polynesian males balls seem to drop by 8.

How is Canada's Rugby team going? you guys still got that rivalry with Japan?

Serious note though Its good that AFL is getting airtime over there, hopefully it replaces that ghey ass Ice Hockey shit Smile

*runs*
Honestly HYUNG, I'm not sure. I really only watch the World Cup, same as soccer/football. Usually cheer for Wales when I'm watching international rugby, they're actually pretty good for such a pipsqueak country.

Hockey is my game. Played for over ten years, lol. Still play old geezer beer league sometimes.
ah cool mang, Im a Swansea supporter please tell me you dont support Cardiff cause I really like you in a homo way brah.
I've always been fascinated by the tribal dances performed by Africa-American-black as they cross the finishing line and "touch-down"
Increasingly African?

The first African kid played for North Melbourne last weekend, he is Sudanese and comes from the ever growing Melbourne, Sudanese community. It was such a big deal that the media covered it and 69 members of his family attended the game to support him.

Most of the aborigine players are not full bloods, but they do have an adavantage when it comes to peripheral vision (this is proven, not assumption), and they have great hand to eye coordination.

AFL is mostly white guys, a few aborigines, and there has been the odd maori as well. I don't recall any asians, but I know there are a lot now playing in the feeder leagues.

Aussie Rules is predominantly a white man's sport, developed by white men for white men to play. Unless this Sudanese kid runs rings around them, I don't see that changing in the near future.
(04-26-2013 06:28 AM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]Increasingly African?

The first African kid played for North Melbourne last weekend, he is Sudanese and comes from the ever growing Melbourne, Sudanese community. It was such a big deal that the media covered it and 69 members of his family attended the game to support him.

Most of the aborigine players are not full bloods, but they do have an adavantage when it comes to peripheral vision (this is proven, not assumption), and they have great hand to eye coordination.

AFL is mostly white guys, a few aborigines, and there has been the odd maori as well. I don't recall any asians, but I know there are a lot now playing in the feeder leagues.

Aussie Rules is predominantly a white man's sport, developed by white men for white men to play. Unless this Sudanese kid runs rings around them, I don't see that changing in the near future.

I meant the feeder groups, eventually the African refugees will take over the sport to a large degree due to their athleticism. Islanders not so much except maybe the Melanesians but they don’t respect AFL much like myself.
Im pretty sure the Olympic 100m sprint was “Designed by the Greeks to be run by the Greeks” LOL see how that turned out for them.
Dont worry Redneck you guys will always have International Cricket, spoon and egg races and Lawn bowls so you can rest easy, just ask your talking crystal skull LOL!
(04-26-2013 11:44 AM)HYUNG Wrote: [ -> ]Im pretty sure the Olympic 100m sprint was “Designed by the Greeks to be run by the Greeks” LOL see how that turned out for them.

Dont worry Redneck you guys will always have International Cricket, spoon and egg races and Lawn bowls so you can rest easy, just ask your talking crystal skull LOL!

I detest all team sports and have no interest in any of them.
Then why did you bother responding then? you sounded upset, whats with "Invented by white men for white men?"

Come visit Western Sydney Cobber! strewth she'll be apples!
(04-26-2013 03:23 PM)HYUNG Wrote: [ -> ]Then why did you bother responding then? you sounded upset, whats with "Invented by white men for white men?"

Come visit Western Sydney Cobber! strewth she'll be apples!

I wanted to explain to Megatherium that you were talking out your ass.

He seemed to have a genuine interest in the game, so I didn't want that destroyed by you telling him that it was becoming a blacks dominated sport.
You seem to be struggling with reading comprehension, I said INCREASINGLY AFRICAN. Tell me African kids arent overly represented in the development leagues.

Im not the one talking out of my ass Redneck.

Strewth Cobber fair Dinkum!

I helped build a Mosque to celebrate ANZAC day, they would be so proud!

"He seemed to have a genuine interest in the game, so I didn't want that destroyed by you telling him that it was becoming a blacks dominated sport."

Why would have his interest been destroyed? he doesnt strike me as being a bogan racist. The guys quite smart actually and I think he was having fun trolling me anyway.
(04-26-2013 03:44 PM)HYUNG Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to be struggling with reading comprehension, I said INCREASINGLY AFRICAN. Tell me African kids arent overly represented in the development leagues.

Im not the one talking out of my ass Redneck.

Strewth Cobber fair Dinkum!

I helped build a Mosque to celebrate ANZAC day, they would be so proud!

African kids aren't over represented in the development leagues. I think you've confused AFL with Soccer, why would an African kid aspire to play AFL for $250k per year when he could potentially make millions playing Soccer, or even Basketball?
Because we dont have domestic leagues of the right caliber to develop these kids in Soccer and LOL Basket ball.

You said it before, you have no interest in team sports and it shows.

Just let it slide and Ill be nice.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's