Evil Academy

Full Version: Obama Administration Set To Whitewash Christian Genocide In Iraq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While The US government seems moved to finally recognize the genocide of the Yezidi Kurds in Northern Iraq at the hands of it's ISIS asset, it seems they have also, in a chillingly frank display of deep seeded hatred of Christians and of Christianity in all of it's forms, opted not to recognize the identical suffering of their Nineveh neighbors, the Assyrian Christians. This incredibly bald faced act of religious discrimination only serves to reinforce my longstanding view that the US government intends to see the Assyrian Christian population of Iraq completely annihilated as one of it's objectives in this whole mass destruction and destabilization exercise.

To discriminate against an ethnic minority on the basis of their Christian religion in their most desperate hour of need as they sit on the brink of extinction as a direct result of brutal US policy is to shine sunlight on the very dark, very anti Christian character of US power in the starkest way yet.

Christians Not ISIS Genocide Victims, State Department May Rule

http://www.hudson.org/research/11909-chr...t-may-rule

[Image: feature_20151117_shea%201_zpsatdn27pz.jpg]
Assyrian Christians attend a prayer for the 220 Assyrian Christians abducted by ISIS from villages in northeastern Syria, at the Saint Georges Assyrian Church in Jdeideh, Lebanon, February 26, 2015. (ANWAR AMRO/AFP/Getty Images)

A report by a renowned journalist states that Christians are to be excluded from an impending official United States government declaration of ISIS genocide. If true, it would reflect a familiar pattern within the administration of a politically correct bias that views Christians — even non-Western congregations such as those in Iraq and Syria — never as victims but always as Inquisition-style oppressors. (That a State Department genocide designation for ISIS may be imminent was acknowledged last week in congressional testimony, by Ambassador Anne Patterson, the assistant secretary of the State Department’s Near East Bureau.)

Yazidis, according to the story by investigative reporter Michael Isikoff, are going to be officially recognized as genocide victims, and rightly so. Yet Christians, who are also among the most vulnerable religious minority groups that have been deliberately and mercilessly targeted for eradication by ISIS, are not. This is not an academic matter. A genocide designation would have significant policy implications for American efforts to restore property and lands taken from the minority groups and for offers of aid, asylum, and other protections to such victims. Worse, it would mean that, under the Genocide Convention, the United States and other governments would not be bound to act to suppress or even prevent the genocide of these Christians.

An unnamed State Department official was quoted by Isikoff as saying that only the attacks on Yazidis have made “the high bar” of the genocide standard and as pointing to the mass killing of 1,000 Yazidi men and the enslavement of thousands of Yazidi women and girls. To propose that Christians have been simply driven off their land but not suffered similar fates is deeply misinformed. In fact, the last Christians to pray in the language spoken by Jesus are also being deliberately targeted for extinction through equally brutal measures.

Christians have been executed by the thousands. Christian women and girls are vulnerable to sexual enslavement. Many of their clergy have been assassinated and their churches and ancient monasteries demolished or desecrated. They have been systematically stripped of all their wealth, and those too elderly or sick to flee ISIS-controlled territory have been forcibly converted to Islam or killed, such as an 80-year-old woman who was burned to death for refusing to abide by ISIS religious rules. Pope Francis pronounced their suffering “genocide” in July. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and a broad array of other churches have done so as well. Analysis from an office of the Holocaust Museum apparently relied on by the State Department asserts that ISIS protects Christians in exchange for jizya, an Islamic tax for “People of the Book,” but the assertion is simply not grounded in fact.

ISIS atrocities against Christians became public in June 2014 when the jihadists stamped Christian homes in Mosul with the red letter N for “Nazarene” and began enforcing its “convert or die” policy. The atrocities continue. Recently the Melkite Catholic bishop of Aleppo reported that 1,000 Christians, including two Orthodox bishops, have been kidnapped and murdered in his city alone. In September, ISIS executed, on videotape, three Assyrian Christian men and threatened to do the same to 200 more being held captive by the terrorist group. Recent reports by an American Christian aid group state that several Christians who refused to renounce their faith were raped, beheaded, or crucified a few months ago.

Christian women and girls are also enslaved and sexually abused. Three Christian females sold in ISIS slave markets were profiled in a New York Times Magazine report last summer. ISIS rules allow Christian sabaya, that is, their sexual enslavement. Its magazine Dabiq explicitly approved the enslavement of Christian girls in Nigeria, and the jihadist group posted prices for Christian, as well as Yazidi, female slaves in Raqqa.

In recent weeks, the stalwart Knights of Columbus have been placing emotionally searing ads in Politico and elsewhere advocating the passage of House Resolution 75:

[Image: GenocideAd%201_zpsxwsbgou2.jpg]

This bipartisan bill was initiated by Representative Jeff Fortenberry (R., Neb.) and Representative Anna Eshoo (D., Calif.) to declare that genocide is being faced by Christians, Yazidis, and other vulnerable groups. The ads — depicting a mother and child, who appear as the very personifications of grief, against a landscape of ISIS destruction — might strike a nerve within the Obama administration. But as of now, the administration looks poised to preempt the bill and render a grave injustice to the suffering Christians of Iraq and Syria.

The the bill was coauthored by Assyrian American congresswoman Anna Eshoo. Imagine her surprise to find her own people excluded from recognition in it!

Here is the report mentioned in Nina Shea's piece that whitewashes Assyrian (and Mandean Gnostic - no mention of the Mandean-Sabeans at all who may already have been completely wiped out) genocide:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/u-s-weigh...74550.html
It sounds like, given the wrench that Russia threw in America's plan to topple Assad, that the latest position of the 'Obama' administration on this conflict, and echoed recently by an Arab-American academic mouthpiece on RT's Crosstalk show, is that the current instability gripping the Middle East should be seen a continuation of the Arab Spring and, therefore, as reflecting a long-standing process of 'change' in the Arab and Muslim world.

Hence, Westerners shouldn't worry themselves that peoples, with millenniums of roots in the region, are literally being wiped off the face of the planet by the allies of America (and likely, the evidence would suggest, with America's direct complicity), as this is just the way that 'revolutions' unfold. This also seems to be the implication ascribed to the current disaster inflicted on the Ukraine -- 'necessary reforms are being implemented'.

Glad to see well-intentioned politicians trying to expose this latest in the long list of crimes by 'Obama' and his cronies.
(01-18-2016 07:17 AM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like, given the wrench that Russia threw in America's plan to topple Assad, that the latest position of the 'Obama' administration on this conflict, and echoed recently by an Arab-American academic mouthpiece on RT's Crosstalk show, is that the current instability gripping the Middle East should be seen a continuation of the Arab Spring and, therefore, as reflecting a long-standing process of 'change' in the Arab and Muslim world.

Hence, Westerners shouldn't worry themselves that peoples, with millenniums of roots in the region, are literally being wiped off the face of the planet by the allies of America (and likely, the evidence would suggest, with America's direct complicity), as this is just the way that 'revolutions' enfold. This also seems to be the implication ascribed to the current disaster inflicted on the Ukraine -- 'necessary reforms are being implemented'.

Glad to see well-intentioned politicians trying to expose this latest in the long list of crimes by 'Obama' and his cronies.

I am quite certain that it was the American clients, the Muslim Kurds, who pressured Washington to have the Assyrians removed from the bill and demanded that it recognize only their Yezidi Kurdish brethren. It is their little known dirty secret that they are building their 'Iraqi Kurdistan' on the indigenous Assyrian Christian lands, a process that has been accelerating over the past two centuries with this being the final phase of the slaughter. Fortunately the works of the great Syriac scholars will live on, forever putting the lie to the legitimacy of their claims.
(01-18-2016 08:30 AM)Megatherium Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2016 07:17 AM)BRIC Countries Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like, given the wrench that Russia threw in America's plan to topple Assad, that the latest position of the 'Obama' administration on this conflict, and echoed recently by an Arab-American academic mouthpiece on RT's Crosstalk show, is that the current instability gripping the Middle East should be seen a continuation of the Arab Spring and, therefore, as reflecting a long-standing process of 'change' in the Arab and Muslim world.

Hence, Westerners shouldn't worry themselves that peoples, with millenniums of roots in the region, are literally being wiped off the face of the planet by the allies of America (and likely, the evidence would suggest, with America's direct complicity), as this is just the way that 'revolutions' enfold. This also seems to be the implication ascribed to the current disaster inflicted on the Ukraine -- 'necessary reforms are being implemented'.

I am quite certain that it was the American clients, the Muslim Kurds, who pressured Washington to have the Assyrians removed from the bill and demanded that it recognize only their Yezidi Kurdish brethren. It is their little known dirty secret that they are building their 'Iraqi Kurdistan' on the indigenous Assyrian Christian lands, a process that has been accelerating over the past two centuries with this being the final phase of the slaughter. Fortunately the works of the great Syriac scholars will live on, forever putting the lie to the legitimacy of their claims.

Be that as it may, it fits neatly with the 'American goal' of splintering the region's peoples, which is itself an Israeli policy directive spelled out in the Y'Allon Plan.

The Kurds are useful fodder in all this.
U.S. Priest Laments Destruction of Iraq's Oldest Christian Monastery

http://www.aina.org/news/20160125181604.htm
[Image: 20160121001807%201_zpsgu19kk0e.jpg]

St. Elijah's Monastery, one of the earliest Christian settlements, and the oldest in Iraq, near Mosul, Dec. 10, 2009. Satellite images have been used to confirm that militants with the Islamic State group destroyed a 1,400-year-old stone sanctuary (Eros Hoagland -- New York Times)

Amman, Jordan -- Catholic clergy lamented the destruction of Iraq's oldest Christian monastery, St. Elijah, and urged the international community to do more to stop such assaults.
"I had the same emotional and perhaps spiritual experience as I did when I was standing over the bodies of fallen soldiers," Fr. Jeffrey Whorton told Catholic News Service after seeing pictures of the monastery's destruction.

Whorton served as a Catholic chaplain for the U.S. military in Iraq and holds the rank of major, was instrumental along with others in seeing a preservation initiative mounted on the 1,400-old structure. Whorton said he believed he was the last priest in 2009 to "offer Mass on that altar before it was destroyed."

The last recorded church service in recent years to take place inside the monastery's walls was the Easter Vigil in 2010, but that was held in the courtyard rather than the altar area.

Reading of the destruction "was that profound and surprisingly strong emotion because of my connection with the monastery," Whorton, who now works at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, told CNS by telephone. "It was a kind of a grief that was like a loss of life almost."

The Associated Press confirmed the news that the ancient monastery on the outskirts of Mosul had been turned into a field of rubble, with exclusive satellite images published early Jan. 20. Islamic State militants claimed responsibility.

Whorton said the chance to both worship and give informal tours of the monastery during his tour of duty in Iraq "was probably the highlight of my entire priesthood."

"I was able to offer Mass there three or four times on that altar. I was made very aware of the great cloud of witnesses," said Whorton, explaining his sense of those ancient Christians who had worshipped over the centuries at St. Elijah.

"In the forefront of my mind was the reality that in 1700s, 150 or so [monks] had been martyred there," the American priest said. "So I knew I was in a sacred place offering the holy sacrifice of the Mass. I felt extremely unworthy standing at the venerable altar. That, along with celebrating with the Holy Father, was the highlight of my entire priesthood."

People were forced to bend down physically to enter the monastery. It was a "humble acquiescence of bending low for this great space that you are entering," the priest said.

Whorton said another unusual feature was a piece of wood shaped like a yoke that stood above the entrance to the nave.

"For me, there was a kind of putting on the yoke of Christ and to bend low into that space where my fallen brothers and sisters had died [centuries ago]. It was extremely emotional and a spiritually palpable event for me," he said of his experience ministering in the ancient monastery.

"God became present once again on that ancient altar as he has done thousands and thousands of time throughout the 1,400 years of its existence. That's the weight of glory," Whorton said.

Many had voiced concern about the fate of the monastery after Islamic State militants swept into the area in June 2014 and had cut off most communication there. Hundreds of thousands of Christians were forced to flee rather than convert to Islam, pay a protection tax or be killed.

Whorton said the finality of ancient monastery's fate has weighed heavy on him.

"I did not realize until I saw the pictures of the destruction that I would be one of the ones to literally close the door on this ancient church," he said.

"I hope that I closed it with all the necessary decorum that is due to such a venerable place," he added.

Assyrian Fr. Emanuel Youkhana, who heads the Christian Aid Program Northern Iraq, CAPNI, denounced the attack as yet another assault once again on Christians and their heritage in their ancient homeland.

"Dozens and dozens of scientific, philosophic, historical and other books were written or translated in such monasteries. This is a memory of Iraq which has been cut off," he told CNS.

"When they damage my 2,000 years of Christianity and 5,000 years of Assyrian heritage as the indigenous people of this country, my question is this: If my history is being damaged, my present is being threatened, is there any future?" the cleric asked.

He cited examples of the Islamic State's bulldozing the Assyrian city of Nimrod, where the Tower of Babel is believed to have existed. The United Nations called its destruction cultural cleansing and a war crime.

Youkhana also drew attention to the destruction of archaeological sites in Ninevah along with the forced displacement of Christians and other religious minorities long present in Iraq from their historic area.

He renewed a call for the international community to do more to preserve the Christian presence in their ancient homeland, saying it pained him to see many Christians escaping for safety to the West.

"What will be the future of Oriental Christianity if we don't protect or give future chances for Christians to survive and to build a future," he said. "We have to keep this mosaic and diversity, not give up."
Reference URL's