Evil Academy

Full Version: Same Style, Different Result.. Compare and Contrast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: sports-illustrated-swimsuit-model-samant...ce-bar.jpg]

[Image: d3960241af95afdcb51db78ecd1b3bad.jpg]
Man that's disgusting. If I had lunch plans I would have to cancel them after seeing that.
If I were American, I don't think I would ever go to WalMart.
(10-30-2015 11:50 PM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]If I were American, I don't think I would ever go to WalMart.

The groceries are decent. They have dry-fit/rashguard style shirts for under $10 too.

The crowds are terrible though.
I go to walmart to buy supplements. fish oils and stuff. those things are 3+ times the price in hk.
Walmart is great for the best prices. I avoid the crowds as much as possible and just do my shopping online at walmart.com. Then I stop by and pick up my product at a local store. It's my first stop shop for computer gadgets.
(10-31-2015 02:49 AM)The Diet Butcher Wrote: [ -> ]I go to walmart to buy supplements. fish oils and stuff. those things are 3+ times the price in hk.

Do you mean online? I get my vitamin C and E at Mannings.
no, I load up when in Canada. filled half a suitcase.

otherwise, I use iherb.com as they ship to hk fast and cheap.
Yeah, when I go to Canada I absolutely go nuts at WalMart. Vitamins, deodorant, and toothpaste. ALL OF IT!
I went to WalMart once. Just pulling into the parking lot I was already in the middle of a veritable 3-ring circus. Some fat lady jammed up all the cars, including me, driving through the area closest to the store so she could wait for someone to pull out of a handicapped spot. It took like five minutes.

Then when I was inside, it was a madhouse, just so many people. I got the cheap PS2 controller I had went for, but never again.
I was in Winnipeg when they set up Walmart. Interesting business strategy.

First, they opened up a bunch of places right in the city and choked out all the local retailers. There were lots and lots of walmarts all over the place.

After they had choked everyone out, they closed all those convenient Walmarts and opened up 2 super Walmarts at far edges of the city.

Since all the shops inside the city had been choked out, people started making the trip to one of the two Walmarts, because what choice did you have?

Fuck WalMart. I hope there are places to shop back inside Winnipeg now and people aren't forced to drive out to one of the two WalMarts.
Watch this if you haven't see it.

(11-01-2015 12:00 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]I was in Winnipeg when they set up Walmart. Interesting business strategy.

First, they opened up a bunch of places right in the city and choked out all the local retailers. There were lots and lots of walmarts all over the place.

After they had choked everyone out, they closed all those convenient Walmarts and opened up 2 super Walmarts at far edges of the city.

Since all the shops inside the city had been choked out, people started making the trip to one of the two Walmarts, because what choice did you have?

Fuck WalMart. I hope there are places to shop back inside Winnipeg now and people aren't forced to drive out to one of the two WalMarts.

A guy I used to work with was so excited when a Walmart moved in, after a decade of legal battles with the town. It blew my mind because he was a homesteader type. He's probably off the grid by now in terms of electricity with a farm and animals to provide sustainable food without outside help.

Yet when it came to Walmart, he was a total dupe. Mind bottling.
Walmart provides many items at rock bottom prices. That's a good thing. It makes more stuff available for more people.

Publix, whole foods, Kroger, etc are still nearby and you have the choice in my area to shop there, which I do.
Walmart is capitalism and it works. You don't have to work there. You don't have to shop there. Open your own place in the middle if you want to serve the interests of Walmart haters. Competition makes things better.
If your overpriced stuffed can be bought cheaper for the same product then you don't deserve to be in business unless you offer something else like service, or cleaner parking lots, or carry out service or whatever.
Reference URL's