Evil Academy

Full Version: How would YOU colonize Mars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, let's play a game…

It's clear that everyone is an expert on how things run on THIS planet with conspiracies and retarded politicians and cops shooting people and people shooting each other and on and on and on and on….

So, now, let's say that YOU are the one to decide how things will go on Mars.

What political system do you set up?

Will you allow all races to try and co-exist? Or will you keep it to one race?

Will people have ultimate freedom? Or will they be expected to follow a strictly regimented system?

It's easy to criticize the shitty job that your (or my) country has done because you are able to look at the results and say "I KNEW it!"

Taking those Earthly/Human criticisms in mind…What do you take/leave on Mars when we "colonize" it one day? (Theoretical, of course…just play along even if you don't believe it will happen…it's for fun!)
I wouldn't, and I should certainly hope The Martians wouldn't let me.

WTF do I know about how things work on Mars?

I'd leave them alone and hope they left me alone. I have no desire to run everything.

That's for the lust for power nutjobs.

Can we ask Trump this question? That answer would be awesome.
No, no, no….

It's to read what "expert" people think that a world should be run in order to maintain our life form. Obviously, everyone knows how to run Earth…*cough*

I wouldn't know how to run it, either, but what I would do is to get the people who I thought were good and intelligent and then I'd set it up so that we hardly ever saw each other….That's for starters.

Tongue
Why not just have all good and intelligent people in the first place?

Why we gotta bring the fucking dummies to Mars?

OK, the first thing I would do is make a slogan:

Mars - No Fucking Dummies Allowed!

Then I would go from there.
How do we get food and shit up there?
Sorry that should be two questions:

1. How do we get our sustenance on Mars?

2. How do we get rid of that sustenance on Mars?

The whole human intake/exhaust thing. We should work that out first.

No plumbing or free range chickens up there I don't imagine.
(10-02-2015 05:56 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just have all good and intelligent people in the first place?

Because there's too much human trash here, now. Thanks to all the "we are the world" bullshit and equal rights and all that bullshit. I'm talking about wiping the slate clean of them and starting over with some good, healthy stock instead of the chimpanzees and animals we call humanity, now.
(10-02-2015 05:59 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry that should be two questions:

Decent point taken.

My guess would be that we would have to find sustenance that could be recycled.

We take enough food with us to keep us feed until we can grow greenhouse crops from seeds that are easily transported.

We create greenhouses to grow food.

We eat the food.

We poop the food out.

We make the poop into fertilizer to enrich the soil.

Repeat
(10-02-2015 06:10 AM)GM Roy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2015 05:59 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry that should be two questions:

Decent point taken.

My guess would be that we would have to find sustenance that could be recycled.

We take enough food with us to keep us feed until we can grow greenhouse crops from seeds that are easily transported.

We create greenhouses to grow food.

We eat the food.

We poop the food out.

We make the poop into fertilizer to enrich the soil.

Repeat

This is where you would screw up the plan, Roy. You would redeploy too many of your green houses for a huge mars weed farming operation. Your whole colony would starve with the munchies. Wink
Can you just open up your space suit and pee or take a poop on Mars do you think?

I don't think it's quite that simple boss.
Yes, Mars does have an atmosphere. The Martian atmosphere contains about 95.3% carbon dioxide (CO2) and 2.7% nitrogen, with the remainder a mixture of other gases. However, it is a very thin atmosphere, roughly 100 times less dense than Earth's atmosphere.

Just googled 'does Mars have an atmosphere' and that came up.

I think before the eating and pooping thing, maybe we should work out how we live and breathe up there.

Underground, airtight bunkers with piped in oxygen?

Jesus this colonizing Mars thing seems like a really really big job!
(10-02-2015 06:19 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Can you just open up your space suit and pee or take a poop on Mars do you think?

Mars still has gravity. Your poops and pees wouldn't float around.
Maybe Matt Damon will give us some answers in his new movie.
(10-02-2015 06:23 AM)pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2015 06:19 AM)Winnson Wrote: [ -> ]Can you just open up your space suit and pee or take a poop on Mars do you think?

Mars still has gravity. Your poops and pees wouldn't float around.

Fantastic, where do we put them and how do we make our poo poos and pee pees up there? Everyone carries around their waste in their space suit?

Holy shit would that suck piss!
[Image: thin-atmosphere-mars.jpg?1374171220]

Mars has a thin atmosphere — too thin to easily support life as we know it. The extremely thin air on Mars can also become very dusty. Giant dust storms can blanket the entire planet and last for months.

What is Mars' atmosphere made of?

The atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 percent carbon dioxide. Here's a breakdown of its composition:

Carbon dioxide: 95.32 percent
Nitrogen: 2.7 percent
Argon: 1.6 percent
Oxygen: 0.13 percent
Carbon monoxide: 0.08 percent
Also, minor amounts of: water, nitrogen oxide, neon, hydrogen-deuterium-oxygen, krypton and xenon
Climate and weather

Mars' thin atmosphere and its greater distance from the sun mean that Mars is much colder than Earth The average temperature is about minus 80 degrees F (minus 60 degrees C), although it can vary from minus 195 degrees F (minus 125 degrees C) near the poles during the winter to as much as a comfortable 70 degrees F (20 degrees C) at midday near the equator.

The atmosphere of Mars is also roughly 100 times thinner than Earth's, but it is still thick enough to support weather, clouds and winds.

Giant dust devils routinely kick up the oxidized iron dust that covers Mars' surface. The dust storms of Mars are the largest in the solar system, capable of blanketing the entire planet and lasting for months. One theory as to why dust storms can grow so big on Mars starts with airborne dust particles absorbing sunlight, warming the Martian atmosphere in their vicinity. Warm pockets of air flow toward colder regions, generating winds. Strong winds lift more dust off the ground, which in turn heats the atmosphere, raising more wind and kicking up more dust.

At times, it even snows on Mars. The Martian snowflakes, made of carbon dioxide rather than water, are thought to be about the size of red blood cells. The north and south polar regions of Mars are capped by ice, much of it made from carbon dioxide, not water.

Possibility of life

Mars could have once harbored life. Some conjecture that life might still exist there today. A number of researchers have even speculated that life on Earth might have seeded Mars, or that life on Mars seeded Earth.

That sounds like a really shitty place to live. I would not settle it with good and intelligent people I don't think. How about we keep us here and ship everyone else there?

Am I allowed to colonize Mars that way instead?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's